Slater's GWR Toplights......

Thanks.  It was/is obviously a most elusive beast.  It is not listed on the link you provided (unless I just cannot see it for some reason) 

GWR D45 Brake Third           Toplight Brake Third                  £24.95p

Add £2.00 p&p to your order. Cheques to Frogmore Confederacy

Thanks.  It was/is obviously a most elusive beast.  It is not listed on the link you provided (unless I just cannot see it for some reason) and isn't here either: http://www.dartcastings.co.uk/frogmore.php

For the reasons I have given, however, quite apart from the missing toplights, your coach end does not seem to be a match for D45, based upon the drawing in Russell, so I remain somewhat perplexed.

Missed that. The panels are correct to your posted drawing on a Trevor Charlton set of sides I have.

Another flaw.

The Frogmore D56 has mirrored image sides when there are differences.

Mike Wiltshire

GWR D45 Brake Third           Toplight Brake Third                  £24.95p

Add £2.00 p&p to your order. Cheques to Frogmore Confederacy

I just got a 404 when I clicked your link Mike (Coach_bogie).  Which website is this on?  If I go to the Shire Scenes page on Dart Castings, there is no mention of such a kit, nor on the Frogmore page.  Googling brought up the CSP site but not that item.  Can you elucidate please.  Thanks anyway for that info.    

I just got a 404 when I clicked your link Mike (Coach_bogie).  Which website is this on?  If I go to the Shire Scenes page on Dart Castings, there is no mention of such a kit, nor on the Frogmore page.  Googling brought up the CSP site but not that item.  Can you elucidate please.  Thanks anyway for that info.    

Not working for me either now.

As per usual for me, I bought two of them ( just in case I messed it up) and replaced the rogue panel with twin toplights on both. The second one I converted to a H17 tea car.

post-9992-0-00627000-1483656667_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

Best I can do is a screen shot of the Google search but run the link and I too now get 404

post-9992-0-26294000-1483657013.jpg

Mike,

I suspect looking at the Current pricelists which are dated 2013 for Shirescenes and 2014 MJT that the D45 hasn't been available for a while now.

There again, anything is possible and the question would be would they be able to still knock out a couple if requested!

khris

I just got a 404 when I clicked your link Mike (Coach_bogie). Which website is this on? If I go to the Shire Scenes page on Dart Castings, there is no mention of such a kit, nor on the Frogmore page. Googling brought up the CSP site but not that item. Can you elucidate please. Thanks anyway for that info.

I wonder if someone at Dart / Shire Scenes realised the old webpage was still up and decided to delete it?

• RMweb Premium

Frogmore Confederacy had their own website, which I have not been able to find, so I can only assume that they may have perished and it's only what Dartcastings have to offer. Perhaps a call to Dartcastings may be able to throw some light on whether or not the D45 is available or not.

Frogmore Confederacy had their own website, which I have not been able to find, so I can only assume that they may have perished and it's only what Dartcastings have to offer. Perhaps a call to Dartcastings may be able to throw some light on whether or not the D45 is available or not.

Not perished. Frogmore originally had a hosted website through UK Model shops.

The owner, Steve Manship, was great friends with the late Roger Slade of CSP. CSP marketed the Frogmore range. CSP was developing a generic underframe to go with the Frogmore toplights and could be used with other sides/ends etc.Upon Roger's death, I do not know who will be distributing the Frogmore range though clearly there is a relationship with Dart Castings.

With the D45, pure speculation, I suspect it has not been re-run due to to the corrections required. 

Mike Wiltshire

I contacted CPL yesterday and received a reply overnight. On his site he has the etch for the C30 shown and I am ordering a C30 and C18 Clerestory. If you look under etches there are several different 4mm scale ones shown as well as a listing. The C30 appears to be the only currently available Toplight etch.

Regards,

Craig W

• RMweb Gold

I contacted CPL yesterday and received a reply overnight. On his site he has the etch for the C30 shown and I am ordering a C30 and C18 Clerestory. If you look under etches there are several different 4mm scale ones shown as well as a listing. The C30 appears to be the only currently available Toplight etch.

Regards,

Craig W

Forgive the blindness on my part, where on the CPL website can you find the 4mm scale stuff? When I look on the etches page I can only see 7mm scale...

Forgive the blindness on my part, where on the CPL website can you find the 4mm scale stuff? When I look on the etches page I can only see 7mm scale...

Click on etches and then scroll right down to the very bottom. There is a c30, C18, E138, suburban 3rd Toplight, C77 and M10/12 luggage van.

I only found them a couple of days ago myself!

Regards,

Craig

I have an 0 gauge GWR D121 on order from CPL, listed as from the 'Bristolian'. The gentleman there is very helpful. It is probably more economical for a one-off than enlarging my own 4mm version. PEC (etcher) is on the slow side going of my own experiences. I am looking forward to seeing the parts seeing as I have only built LMS coaches in 7mm before.  I doubt if I will ever buy any resin/plastic offerings........They appear to have the lozenge window effect that is so familiar in the smaller scale.

Archived