Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Did you manage to get it up today, Ducky.

Sorry, Did you manage to get up Ducky.

Sorry, Did you manage to get it up in the loft today, Ducky?

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Rob.

Hmmm ............!

• RMweb Premium

What a whooper!

Fink it's an 'N', let me know when my tablets wear off...

post-1328-0-64088900-1507401154_thumb.jpg

Nice coaches too...

post-1328-0-31126100-1507401205_thumb.jpg

I didn't tell him his gauge was wrong or that Peco will sort it all out in the end. ;)

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

What a whooper!

Fink it's an 'N', let me know when my tablets wear off...

attachicon.gifIMG_20171007_142000907_HDR.jpg

Nice coaches too...

attachicon.gifIMG_20171007_141951246_HDR.jpg

I didn't tell him his gauge was wrong but that Peco will sort it all out. ;)

Those figures are not quite the correct scale.

It is an N.

Rob.

No. No and yes.

I reconfigured the Branch, off stage sidings. One point still doesn't work with my 64XX (a Hall does). I shall have to work out why but CBA at the moment. The advice about the Dapol Tankers was correct. They fall off all over the place. Hornby wheels ordered from Wonderland Models (less expensive than Peter's Spares).

Phart

Edited by Mallard60022

I've been loaned a few pictures of SJ in years gone and, from an entirely different source, I've also been given a small box of reference material.

< big snip >

More to follow.

Not sure what happened here, but I don't think I posted the follow-up.  Apologies if I did & you've seen these before, but I certainly don't remember doing so.

The first is obviously a photocopy from a book but I've no idea which book so can't acknowledge the source.

post-11812-0-22800000-1507413219_thumb.jpg

Next, a couple taken in 1998 or '99, I think, when this part of the building was in better condition than it is now.

The flat-roofed office block and the eastern-most bay of the former dairy, along with the station building itself, are all owned by someone in Bedford & have had little or no maintenance over the past 20 years.

post-11812-0-92945700-1507413242_thumb.jpg      post-11812-0-40482000-1507413257_thumb.jpg

And then 2 views of the former booking hall area taken at the same time.

post-11812-0-81481200-1507413274_thumb.jpg      post-11812-0-85586300-1507413284_thumb.jpg

Definitely no copyright issues with these last four as I know who took them but not so sure about the next ones.  The five that follow were in a bundle along with a number of prints with "Lens of Sutton" stamps on the back but none of these five are so marked.  I can only assume that they are not from that source otherwise I would expect them to be marked in the same way.  Fingers crossed that I'm not breaching anyone's rights.

post-11812-0-10652300-1507413541_thumb.jpg

post-11812-0-16374200-1507413552_thumb.jpg

post-11812-0-63359500-1507413575_thumb.jpg

post-11812-0-59486200-1507413586_thumb.jpg

post-11812-0-65849900-1507413600_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Are you alright this morning, Monsieur le Docteur Quacqueois?

Was a bit worried after you said you had flu after getting the flu jab!

post-20303-0-46353300-1507461961.jpg

Dr. Doolittle

• RMweb Premium

Are you alright this morning, Monsieur le Docteur Quacqueois?

Was a bit worried after you said you had flu after getting the flu jab!

Very thoughtful. Not sure yet! I think sometimes the damn jab creates a problem and my immune system defences are not strong enough to deal with it. However, I have a Black Motor to decode so I'm OK.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Black Motor cured the 'flu'. Was probably just me being a wally or maybe I was partly glutened?

Another silky smooth runner from the Hornby stable. Doesn't stutter or fall off and the Decoder took three minutes to fit in the tender; excellent.

Re Hornby, I think there could be even more goodies to come now they have a new Commander in Chief. 

So, I need to get a couple of little niggles with track alignment sorted and then clear the decks around the Station/Yard sites for point motor fitting. 

I could also do some underboard wire tidy sessions but CIBA at the moment? 

There are some ready made wire looms coming from Gaugemaster so that I can get on with fitting their neat point motors I was talking about some weeks back (surface mounted as per Pecoboo P11s, but more sophisticated).

Plenty to get on with, but temptation to 'test' more loco's for acceptable running is high! 

Phil

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

R3239_3004831_Qty1_1.jpg

Not my picture but this is the one I have got. I see that Track Shack have a weathered 30316, early emblem, for quite an attractive price.................................

and kernow have some even less expensive.............................ummmm!

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

What is that? is it P4? If not it must be destroyed immediately.

P. E. Dant

From a distance yes, it's another one from yesterday from my visit to the Bath &West Showground (a birthday treat from Mrs Dubya / Ms Edwards) to look at miniature traction engines at the ESSMEE (?) show.

Unfortunately we sort of got the wrong day (actually fortunately, as I'm proper broke) to go as there is a mega toy train sale in Showering's Pavilion on the site today.

post-1328-0-55952200-1507477172_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

R3239_3004831_Qty1_1.jpg

Not my picture but this is the one I have got. I see that Track Shack have a weathered 30316, early emblem, for quite an attractive price.................................

P

A Black Motor is my hearts desire at the moment.

(closely followed by roast potatoes [in any scale or gauge] which I believe can be achieved today at no extra cost).

C. Ar-Bohydrate

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Rob. Tempting stuff but I really do not need any of those except for Engineer's coaches. I'll wait and see if any get discounted but they will probably sell out.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022