Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

That's an Air Smoothed 9F. Next summer it will metamorphosish into a real Locomotive Engine and all will be well. However, what's the sodding bell all about? Has it got my Pox?

Whoever thought of doing that to the poor old thing needs a good safety boot in the goolies.

Ar$£

yes.

• RMweb Gold

Any one seen the thread on how to transport N gauge stock. Well since supermarkets don't give away free carrier bags anymore I have no idea. :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Of course if you went T gauge you wouldn't need to pack it away to transport it....

• RMweb Premium

Of course if you went T gauge you wouldn't need to pack it away to transport it....

Hi Ian

So we will be able to spot you at an exhibition wearing your layout. :sungum:

Mrs M has threatened me that I could be wearing my layout if I didn't do what she asked :scared:

What is that geezer doing with a F cab in his backyard. Looks a tad drafty for an outside privy.

Hi Ian

So we will be able to spot you at an exhibition wearing your layout. :sungum:

Mrs M has threatened me that I could be wearing my layout if I didn't do what she asked :scared:

What is that geezer doing with a F cab in his backyard. Looks a tad drafty for an outside privy.

Was he a member of Steeleye Span? He's also done an urban version with an underground station inside.

post-4133-0-71161900-1538401570.jpg

Been away for a while but hope to join in more regularly now. Opps must hide laptop nursies coming!!

Ben Dover.

• RMweb Premium

You are all bonkers, anyway.........

post-2326-0-97001300-1538413083_thumb.jpg

The cab roof is not attached yet. The tender will not be Watercart style, I just have not sorted the Bogie sides as they look like a bit of a fudge job.

On another thread I have seen someone else going for it with an ancient H15 and lo, a poster has built two of these and a 'bitsa' PDK one. They look damn good to me.

I have decided that this does not have a N15 Boiler as it does not have a slight cone from Done to Smokebox. It do look more like a beasty loco now though.

Night Night Geoffrey

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8zuqsqdCAQ

would be a lot of fun, rather than going ying ying ding ding

Always reminds me of driving down the A1 from Wellingborough to my Tadworth accommodation on Sunday afternoons in 1979 (Top 40 programme IIRC) when I had got a new job in Epsom but had not yet moved and used to drive home for weekends. It is still bliddy horrible......... (not the A1.........well it is actually, but.......). I think Oliver's Army was out about the same time and maybe something by XTC (great band that)?

Ar$£

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Shirley, 'is 'at should 'ave some knitting on it, as 'is train 'as a pantograph or is it one of them new fangled bi-modes?

L. Trickery

It isn't powered, he just keeps tilting his head from side to side and gravity does the rest.

• RMweb Premium

You are all bonkers, anyway.........

attachicon.gifImg_0050.jpg

The cab roof is not attached yet. The tender will not be Watercart style, I just have not sorted the Bogie sides as they look like a bit of a fudge job.

On another thread I have seen someone else going for it with an ancient H15 and lo, a poster has built two of these and a 'bitsa' PDK one. They look damn good to me.

I have decided that this does not have a N15 Boiler as it does not have a slight cone from Done to Smokebox. It do look more like a beasty loco now though.

Night Night Geoffrey

Hi Phil

I am getting very very very worried, you have done more mudelling in the past few days than the rest of us have since you started this thread. :scenic:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil

I am getting very very very worried, you have done more mudelling in the past few days than the rest of us have since you started this thread. :scenic:

Nah, and I have not been in the loft as I'm building up to that as it involves trickery bits and stuff that needs thought.

I've been sorting these two kits to get warmed up ready to do ones that will really matter, such as:

a DJH BR Standard 5 (might do it);

a SEFinecast Arthur (probably do it);

and a few others that I can't remember what they are (but I will go and check the strategic reserves). I think there could be a ER A2 up there somewhere?

Next practice sessions will be coaches as these will be winter projects.

All procrastination jobs so that I don't have to get the layout finished.

When I get really fed up I have some lovely Lanarkshire Models WM SR Buffer Stops to play with.

Such fun.

P

I beg to differ Clive. My latest fine scale project has wheel flanges so fine they can't be seen with the naked eye.

This you will note is a model of Bullied's high density sleeper coaches, where passengers were accommodated in drawers, being pulled by a semi-streamlined Q1. The coaches are being painted in that little known BR carmine & green livery (blood & grass). It is currently being prepared in readiness for the pre-Christmas special advent season. I've also authentically modelled the 5 link couplings, fitted to enable the coaches to navigate the tight curves found on ducks docks.

(Please note no grass was smoked in the preparation of this post)  :sungum:

Oh, I forgot to mention I've been asked for white or gold knobs  :no:

gallery_8865_3816_349519.jpg

gallery_8865_3816_368337.jpg

Edited by vaughan45
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

The anti train station brigade will thank you! :declare:

Brian.

Hi Brian

It is a train station.

Back in the day then Railway Station might have been the phase when you could send or receive

Parcels no more

Mail no more

Smalls and Sundries no more

Coal no more

Minerals no more

Livestock no more

Horse and Carriage no more

Pigeons (racing) no more

Manure no more

All that is left is humans who catch a train so it has evolved to train station.

Apparently life moves on.

• Like 1

Parcels no more

Mail no more

Smalls and Sundries no more

Coal no more

Minerals no more

Livestock no more

Horse and Carriage no more

Pigeons (racing) no more

Manure no more

sung to the tune of the last verse of Letter from America by the Proclaimers

Edited by Dr Gerbil-Fritters
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Parcels no more

Mail no more

Smalls and Sundries no more

Coal no more

Minerals no more

Livestock no more

Horse and Carriage no more

Pigeons (racing) no more

Manure no more

sung to the tune of the last verse of Letter from America by the Proclaimers

What a great video....good song as well; never heard it before!

P

• RMweb Premium

Just a little more progress today. Sorting the cylinders and slide-bars was an arse and soldering them to the bit that holds them on the chassis was even more of an arse.

Here are two pics so you can play spot the new bits following yesterday's  pic.

If you notice a black bit in the tender then you have spotted my first attempt at working out how I might have a removable section so as to get at a decoder if fitted in the tender.

post-2326-0-68038400-1538497178_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-53148400-1538497312_thumb.jpg

I must remember to take my own advice and coat my hands in PVU Glue if using the Devil's Tool that is the glass fibre brush, or use disposable gloves that might offer some protection from the nasty little stingers.

Philth.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Tomorrow I might just get some more detail parts sorted on the loco and then it could be ready for a damn good clean up and coat of primer. The SB Door and Cab Roof are just temporarily spot glued in place as I plan to make a temporary coupling and just see if the thing will move around The Junction using fingerpokinDCC. I'm putting off having to make the Comet Gearbox,  work out which of the two gears is the one that goes on the axle and which axle that might be and fit the Mashima or maybe another type of motor. I'd use a DJH ready made set for this loco as they are excellent, but they are quite expensive.

Now I am going to try a Gluten Free Old Speckled Hen tinny.

Phart 

Edit: blimey, that isn't bad for a tinny beer. Wish there was a proper job GF, out of the Barrel beer wot I could sup.

I wonder if Mrs CK knows about Old Speckled Hen 5%  cans and the contents?

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Save the finger poking, a good way of doing it is having a plank with a length of track on it, then gradually raise one end and let it roll down by gravity, and you get a good idea of how free running it is, before you shove gears and a motor in. Looking really nice job, cheers with all this beer you’re necking.