SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

And what is wrong with a B12? You haven't mentioned them.

I wouldn't know what to ask!  Sheltered away for ages in the deep south west, I thought there was only a SR and a GWR!  Only later was I aware of a couple more the other side of EXE to where I ventured later on, but never knew much about them. :dontknow:

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

I was looking at this  when it appeared on EB after I had 'won' a brass van kit. Good price really for a working kit and reasonably well built. However, look at the finish (yes I know it isn't painted yet)...........If that is 'professional' then I'd rather do it myself, but the parts would actually be £100 more than this price and it is probably a good 20 hour job.

Comments on what in the finish could have been better done? (need to look at the 'big pictures').

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4mm-D-J-H-Austerity-2-8-0-Professionally-built-to-a-very-high-standard/332798775511?hash=item4d7c5a50d7:g:xHoAAOSwkrdbboLe

Don't need it for The Junction, however if anyone fancies it, it wouldn't take a lot of fettling IMO.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

They don't seem to have bothered much with removing 'flash' - buffer heads and cylinder fronts in particular.  I'd probably replace the cast smokebox door handles, myself.

• RMweb Premium

Our Feathered Aquatic friend and I have been waffling on about nothing in some PMs  and the last one concluded with "Do sober people buy Kebabs?" I think this question should be shared with all  who frequent this part of the forum.

"Do sober people buy Kebabs?"

All answers to be longer than two letters. Especially N and O.

• RMweb Gold

I enjoy kebabs when sober.

It does however depend on buying the right thing from the right place.

Clearly if you buy a doner kebab (the one that looks like a big table leg on a stand) from a dive at 2am you are asking for trouble. In my early 20s I did do that on a regular basis in Plymouth and apart from waking up with chilli sauce and coleslaw on my clothes I never had a problem.

I frequently buy a lamb shish when sober from my local takeaway and it's good quality meat well cooked and nicely presented. I love shish kebabs cooked on hot coals when on holiday in Turkey or Greece.

A kebab, after all, is simply skewered food.

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I frequently eat kebabs - usually shish.  But I work a lot in the Middle East.

I do enjoy the occasional doner when I'm back in the UK.  Even when sober........

Got to be from the right shop tho -  I always avoid kebab vendors in old ambulances.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Got to be from the right shop tho -  I always avoid kebab vendors in old ambulances.

And ones where the ambulance is waiting outside on stand-by...

• RMweb Premium

. In my early 20s I did do that on a regular basis in Plymouth and apart from waking up with chilli sauce and coleslaw on my clothes I never had a problem.

Well - you thought it was coleslaw...………..

• RMweb Gold

It does however depend on buying the right thing from the right place.

That seems like a contradiction in terms. How can there be a 'right place' to purchase such items? They are poison to the soul.

I can never forget the awful, horrible experience of Folkestone, many years ago.

• RMweb Premium

That seems like a contradiction in terms. How can there be a 'right place' to purchase such items? They are poison to the soul.

I can never forget the awful, horrible experience of Folkestone, many years ago.

But were you sober at the time?

• RMweb Premium

I had the awful, horrible experience of Folkestone on Saturday, but it had nothing to do with kebabs and I was sober (unfortunately).