SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

How come that other railway had an Arthur who was a princess?  30's gender dysphoria? 

Wasn't that the Lady Misjudges Sexuality Railway ?

Perchance appropriate that their CME was a certain Sir Willy.  (I can be familiar like that 'cos I know his grandson, who is neither a Sir nor a Willy.

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't that the Lady Misjudges Sexuality Railway ?

Perchance appropriate that their CME was a certain Sir Willy.  (I can be familiar like that 'cos I know his grandson, who is neither a Sir nor a Willy.

If that's the fellow I used to work with in Derby, I thought he used his second name rather than his first.

• RMweb Premium

Better make sure that you've got enough dog food in the house.

_-146.jpg

German smooth coat pointers, lovely dogs but they are so naughty and lively. One of my long term customers had one and I miss walking her despite the stress each could induce when she ran off.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Update..... I'm going to dump it as it looks so shi#e after seeing a proper job elsewhere.

Finish it, it will look OK. All because one "EXPERT" on another thread says it is rubbish doesn't mean it cannot look good . What is Sir's term?.....a layout loco.

Oi! What about a bit of Sir Viss Onear...

A splendid time was had as always at Ducky Towers yesterday. I broughted my proper-ist camera along. I was going to take some photographs of the electrickery but:

a) it's boring

b) SOSJ's meister-in-chief was concerned about such images appearing in public (I think he doesn't want to show everyone else up with his impossible-to-achieve standards in that department)

post-16151-0-43717300-1539154778_thumb.jpg

Instead, our intrepid camera man trudged up the line to the tunnel to observe the civil engineers at work. But, finding none, he recorded these scenes instead. A mockery is being made out of the rather splendid tunnel mouth by using cardboard.

post-16151-0-48492800-1539154794_thumb.jpg

Here, someone looks to be thinking about elevating the land over the yard of fiddling

post-16151-0-99480400-1539154811_thumb.jpg

The 'save our cardboard' campaign appears to be working as it has now been substituted by some 6mm plywood. At this point, the navvies spotted the man with the camera and made a hasty dash for the brew hut.

These three pieces of wood have been cut oversize for now and a jigsaw (with a few pieces missing) may yet be wielded in anger to trim them to a more accurate shape. The discerning viewer might be able to detect two supports projecting out over the fiddle yard area. The idea here is for a series of scenic trays, with integral backscene, that can be lifted off for access on the odd occasion when an erroneous entry into the Dee-See-See controller sends one train careering uncontrollably into the back of another in that area. Not that that will ever happen in practice of course...

Apologies for taking the thread off topic for a moment.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Oi! What about a bit of Sir Viss Onear...

A splendid time was had as always at Ducky Towers yesterday. I broughted my proper-ist camera along. I was going to take some photographs of the electrickery but:

a) it's boring

b) SOSJ's meister-in-chief was concerned about such images appearing in public (I think he doesn't want to show everyone else up with his impossible-to-achieve standards in that department)

attachicon.gifDSC04566.JPG

Instead, our intrepid camera man trudged up the line to the tunnel to observe the civil engineers at work. But, finding none, he recorded these scenes instead. A mockery is being made out of the rather splendid tunnel mouth by using cardboard.

attachicon.gifDSC04567.JPG

Here, someone looks to be thinking about elevating the land over the yard of fiddling

attachicon.gifDSC04569.JPG

The 'save our cardboard' campaign appears to be working as it has now been substituted by some 6mm plywood. At this point, the navvies spotted the man with the camera and made a hasty dash for the brew hut.

These three pieces of wood have been cut oversize for now and a jigsaw (with a few pieces missing) may yet be wielded in anger to trim them to a more accurate shape. The discerning viewer might be able to detect two supports projecting out over the fiddle yard area. The idea here is for a series of scenic trays, with integral backscene, that can be lifted off for access on the odd occasion when an erroneous entry into the Dee-See-See controller sends one train careering uncontrollably into the back of another in that area. Not that that will ever happen in practice of course...

Apologies for taking the thread off topic for a moment.

Blimey, when did that happen? I thought it was a dream, induced by new medication that is supposed to prevent me scraping my outer layer of feathers off but actually causes hallylooseynations and other unacceptable behaviour. An example of this is swearing uncontrollably when anything, that is needed immediately, can not be found despite hours of clearing up and staring in a stuperfrided manner at point motors and bits of wire and tube stuff and wondering WTF to do next.

MR Grantham (alias Sir Tolerance Offanelephant) even constructed a remote drive for the Branch to West Yard point and I shall go upstairs (when I've melted my H15) and take a pic of that as it really is a mystery how he did it. All i could see was a very thin wire that was supposed to be 0.7mm brass but was more like 0.45mm wrapped around a Cobalt's Drive Wire protruding through the BB about 80 mm from said point. That was being finely adjusted by a pair of long nose pliers that I will not mention how was described on here as I will be banned for life as it was very rude indeed.  It was contained in a very nice bit of polythene tubing and that was kept 'stiff' by a few small brass pins. WIT at its' best and I shall enjoy trying that myself at some future date.

So, huge thanks to Sir T. and may I suggest that anyone with any interest in loco kit building has a look at this link http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/135798-g-train-locomotive-works-lner-b3-valour/  ; however do pray for Sir T as he should be passing through Scunthorpe about now.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

may I suggest that anyone with any interest in loco kit building has a look at this link http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/135798-g-train-locomotive-works-lner-b3-valour/

I just had a look at this thread and what some superb modelling !

Despite my interests in another Company it is well worth looking at for the craftsmanship and an excellent video of the chassis running.

G

• RMweb Premium

Yo Mr Duck

Have you put the saucepan right at the back of the cupboard so Mrs Duck doesn't notice the bits of solder stuck to the bottom? 

Ah, thanks to your kind contact the H15 has been reprieved from the boiling oil and has had an alternative makeover.

here is a link so as not triplicate the photo's; Page 3 #68

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136916-lswrse-h15-little-brother-first/page-3&do=findComment&comment=3327011

.....and relax. I shall continue with this loco at a future date having accessed some nice Markits etched fittings thanks to super work on DLT's loco thread

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I'm pleased to see that you haven't given up with the H15, sometimes a break from a project puts things into perspective. Whenever I build a kit I never feel really happy with it at the time but once it is finished and on the layout I usually forget what it was that I wasn't happy with.

I have always enjoyed reading this thread but I think this the first time that I have posted on it, hopefully it won't be the last.

Brian

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'm pleased to see that you haven't given up with the H15, sometimes a break from a project puts things into perspective. Whenever I build a kit I never feel really happy with it at the time but once it is finished and on the layout I usually forget what it was that I wasn't happy with.

I have always enjoyed reading this thread but I think this the first time that I have posted on it, hopefully it won't be the last.

Brian

Brian, what a very kind message. Thank you. Welcome to the weird and wonderful world that is The Junction. We are all a bit silly most of the time but we do get some brillo info from time to time and I am so lucky with the support I get actually on site from several people who just can't resist having a play. The one thing this thread does is to keep me in a pretty good frame of mind and that is great. I hope it keeps others awake/amused/ angered/bored etc.etc.

Yes, welcome and do let us know what your modelling life is all about if you wish, or just drop in and have a bit of fun whenever you like. I see you are at Elizabethan and I am ashamed to say I have yet to visit your annual exhibition. Maybe next year?

ATB

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

Ah, thanks to your kind contact the H15 has been reprieved from the boiling oil and has had an alternative makeover.

here is a link so as not triplicate the photo's; Page 3 #68

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136916-lswrse-h15-little-brother-first/page-3&do=findComment&comment=3327011

.....and relax. I shall continue with this loco at a future date having accessed some nice Markits etched fittings thanks to super work on DLT's loco thread

P

You should have gone to Tavistock Goosey fair today and got away from it all; probably relatives there, you never know! :scratchhead:

Brian.  (Too many Brians!)

Edited by brianusa

• RMweb Gold

Today is a day of number milestones.

This should be my 11,000th post on RMweb (excluding all the ones I did on the old version) and on the way home tonight the car will reach 180,000 miles on the odometer (only the last 17k are mine).

post-7025-0-00524000-1539267253.png

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

here is a link so as not triplicate the photo's;

If you have previously attached a photo to a Post or a Blog, you can attach it to new posts without having to upload it again. Use the 'My Media' button in the message editor header.

• RMweb Premium

If you have previously attached a photo to a Post or a Blog, you can attach it to new posts without having to upload it again. Use the 'My Media' button in the message editor header.

Thanks but I didn't want to waste space when someone could just link to the other posts. I usually just copy and paste from original pics on another thread and hadn't seen that trick.

P

This should be my 11,000th post on RMweb (excluding all the ones I did on the old version) and on the way home tonight the car will reach 180,000 miles on the odometer (only the last 17k are mine).

attachicon.gifelevenk.png

Well done, always readable but perhaps  you should concentrate on modelling or get out more! :onthequiet:

Brian.

attachicon.gifelevenk.png

Congrats on your posting milestone (maybe that should be milepost?)

I see you have just about finished running the car in!