SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Whilst on the subject of food, how long do you cook your sprouts in ( diluted ) cider vinegar mate ? 

Sounds very interesting, I might try that then finish 'em off in the frying with some smoked bacon lardons !

G

• RMweb Premium

Whilst on the subject of food, how long do you cook your sprouts in ( diluted ) cider vinegar mate ? 

Sounds very interesting, I might try that then finish 'em off in the frying with some smoked bacon lardons !

G

I rather fancy this recipe for sprout gratin with anchovy crumb

https://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/b/brussels-sprout-gratinwithanchovycrumb.html

• RMweb Premium

G

Wack em in the micro for about 2 minutes only and check; keep em hard!!!!!

P

• RMweb Premium

I rather fancy this recipe for sprout gratin with anchovy crumb

https://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/b/brussels-sprout-gratinwithanchovycrumb.html

That's posh! sadly my diet plan would allow the sprouts.............only the sprouts!

However I am possibly the only person in the UK that loves sprouts and would eat them until I could eat no more. Or just a waffer thin mint maybe!

post-2326-0-67526600-1544036085.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am chuffed as, when looking for info for ANTB's Mr. Sweet and Co, I found my pic of Bulleid Diesel 10203 in Black Livery on an up express at Seaton Junction in 1954. There is another somewhere of it on the Down ACE but I have not yet refound that.

P

• Like 1

Wack em in the micro for about 2 minutes only and check; keep em hard!!!!!

P

In this sorry land, Brussell sprouts are the object of ridicule.  Along with fruit cake, every Yuletide brings out the usual cracks and comments; kids won't touch them neither will a lot of adults.  But since my early years, sprouts have been my favourite add on to the roast chicken or whatever was served at Christmas lunch.  It was usually at Grans house across the lane and it seemed that the scullery was shrouded in steam that would make any leaky loco envious, from the crack of dawn.  The chicken was in the cooker and the pud on the boil, all to come together about one o'clock.  There were five of us around a small table in their equally small kitchen but Christmas dinner was always special, complete with paper hats.

Afterwards, the grown ups cleared everything away or took a nap if the sherry was out, which gave me the opportunity to play with a favourite gift or visit with my friend around the corner and compare presents.  After that it was leftovers for tea and the opportunity to look forward to a second round tomorrow on Boxing Day!

Not exactly "A Childs Christmas in Wales", but the memory has remained to this day. :happy_mini:

Brian. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Bubble & Squeak  with sprouts yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.  :stinker: Ripper !!!

Being in a family with a large number of siblings on Boxing Day there was a prize on who could clear the room the fastest it was always one of the girls who won. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Bubble & Squeak  with sprouts yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.  :stinker: Ripper !!!

Being in a family with a large number of siblings on Boxing Day there was a prize on who could clear the room the fastest it was always one of the girls who won. :jester:

Bless.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
How do you get a banker onto an HST - they don't have couplings, or buffers come to that?

Might be be referring to the power car at the rear end?

Serious head on - you hook on a loco using the adaptor coupler bar carried on each power car.

• RMweb Premium

However I am possibly the only person in the UK that loves sprouts and would eat them until I could eat no more.

I love 'em too. I always cook more than I need so that I can eat them cold later.

Serious head on - you hook on a loco using the adaptor coupler bar carried on each power car.

I knew that ( not often I can jump in and say that). However I didn't respond sooner 'cos it did leave me wondering

whether the bar would be as efficatious when used under compression (banking), as compared to the normal tension?

I'm sure you can enlighten us more John.

• RMweb Premium

I knew that ( not often I can jump in and say that). However I didn't respond sooner 'cos it did leave me wondering

whether the bar would be as efficatious when used under compression (banking), as compared to the normal tension?

I'm sure you can enlighten us more John.

It's over 30 years since I was involved directly with HSTs but my recollection is that the assisting loco had to be on the front. In compression I think there would be a risk of the adaptor coupler bar jumping out of the loco coupling.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bliddy HSTs. Modern things that stink. :whistle:

P

Actually, being serious for a moment (rarely possible with me) they are actually bliddy historic things and are great fun to travel on compared to most of the other plastic carp being used these days.

Ar$£

• Like 1