SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

I tend to keep away from Cows and so don't get close enough to pat them. Anyway they are weird and chase you if you go in their field.

Seriously though, the chap that runs our group runs two others + a Rehab team and he is also involved in Walking Cricket!

I have not played footy since 1986 so I'm quite pleased someone invented this style! There was a Waddle that played football for England, so a Duck doing WF should be ok.

P

Got an invite to Walking Civil War today, I think it came from our local re-enactment group....??

Ollie Cromwell

• Like 1

Is there a group that does walking running?

I've heard there's a local group down Exmuff way that are looking for recruits, if I can find my inhaler and sun glasses I might pop down there next week 

post-20303-0-38015700-1542414386_thumb.jpg

P.Anderson

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I've heard there's a local group down Exmuff way that are looking for recruits, if I can find my inhaler and sun glasses I might pop down there next week 

attachicon.gifalexandra-daddario-kelly-rohrbach-and-ilfenesh-hadera-on-the-baywatch-set-in-georgia-04-25-2016_2.jpg

P.Anderson

Why wait just take your time in a darken room.  :P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Quite well built but what is incorrect in the build and finish of these coaches?  Tempting at the price but IMO there would be too much to correct to merit the purchase. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comet-kit-built-Bulleid-Tavern-car-and-Tavern-trailer-coach-set/264034656485?hash=item3d79b120e5:g:JN8AAOSw4WVb6Ces:rk:11:pf:0

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Quite well built but what is incorrect in the build and finish of these coaches?  Tempting at the price but IMO there would be too much to correct to merit the purchase. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comet-kit-built-Bulleid-Tavern-car-and-Tavern-trailer-coach-set/264034656485?hash=item3d79b120e5:g:JN8AAOSw4WVb6Ces:rk:11:pf:0

Phil

I have no idea of the demerits, but do know that the frequency of such offerings in the marketplace is not significant. If you are happy you could build and finish to a better standard, they are pants, but for those who know their limitations, well worth a bid or two.

• RMweb Premium

I have no idea of the demerits, but do know that the frequency of such offerings in the marketplace is not significant. If you are happy you could build and finish to a better standard, they are pants, but for those who know their limitations, well worth a bid or two.

Glad you posted Dudds as I thought you might be after them

I did not mean to sound like a pompous git but part of the problem is the paint jobs and I doubt I could rectify that without efing up the pair.

Still a couple more things to spot; clue is in the era chosen and .............

Phil 

Edited by Mallard60022

attachicon.gifalexandra-daddario-kelly-rohrbach-and-ilfenesh-hadera-on-the-baywatch-set-in-georgia-04-25-2016_2.jpg

P.Anderson

G

I always look forward to the new Virgin uniforms, but this time they have excelled themselves,

• RMweb Gold

Glad you posted Dudds as I thought you might be after them

I did not mean to sound like a pompous git but part of the problem is the paint jobs and I doubt I could rectify that without efing up the pair.

Still a couple more things to spot; clue is in the era chosen and .............

Phil

Not really meat and veg for me. Catering cars west of Exeter were by no means everyday, so the recent Hornby item is an affordable nod to them.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not really meat and veg for me. Catering cars west of Exeter were by no means everyday, so the recent Hornby item is an affordable nod to them.

Oh yes, sorry I had forgotten you were down the arm! However there was one working where a Catering Car ran beyond Exeter but not open for business until it was formed in the up service; Can't remember what working it was at the mo and maybe was that Maunsell. I think the Hornby coach is damn good.

ATB matey,

P

Once upon a time (its that long ago!), I do remember a restaurant car at Friary; don't know now what train or why it was there. I had some vague recollection that there were a lot of carriages but at the time I didn't know of the long distance run to Brighton, etc.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Anyhow guys I would like to say how well I was looked after this weekend by Mrs and Mr Duck. Thank you Phil and Pip.

And what good company Phil was while I was driving trains (well locos) on Pig Lane (Western Region) this weekend. Cheers matey.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You haven't have you?

Have I? Comet Kits + extra parts inc. passengers table lamps and gangways; probably talking £50+; then paint and decals; times 2 = about £100. Ready built to a VG standard by the look of it , even if a bit inaccurate, in that the Rebuilt Tavern should have electrics (double generator as well IIRC post '58/59 rather than that bl##dy great gas tank, and I'm not certain about the Cantrail colour banding for pre 1964, paid £85 + £4 ish postage!

Guilty m'lud!

At$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Once upon a time (its that long ago!), I do remember a restaurant car at Friary; don't know now what train or why it was there. I had some vague recollection that there were a lot of carriages but at the time I didn't know of the long distance run to Brighton, etc.

Brian.

That would probably have been all Maunsells Brian, including the Dining Car(s) as the Brighton (or Portsmouth) had a through dining service. It was an early recipient of two car Mk1 dining sets.

I have a pic somewhere of an early train circa late 30s, at (I think) Yeovil Junction  behind an Arthur.....lovely.

The Taverns, as far as I can see, never ran west of Exeter except possibly on one service to North Devon or Cornwall.

ATB

Phil

P

• RMweb Premium

Anyhow guys I would like to say how well I was looked after this weekend by Mrs and Mr Duck. Thank you Phil and Pip.

And what good company Phil was while I was driving trains (well locos) on Pig Lane (Western Region) this weekend. Cheers matey.

Pleasure. We had some good laughs and I didn't get hit with the Birmingham Screwdriver, not even when mentioning the Fat Controller........................

Pig Lane proves that compact can be entertaining and it was digitally controlled.

At$£

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Digital?  and Clive...…????

Index finger?????

Young Alan is right. All points are controlled by a gentle push or pull on a finger controlled rod. All locos in sidings are controlled by a finger push or pull on a switch.All locos move by a gentle turn of the knob on the controller, which also is the directional device, both just need a light touch with a finger, all digitally controlled. 

The layout is small and low enough that in the seated position I can reach all the point levers, and I can swing round to the stock table when changing locos. No standing up for hours as you can do at shows. Plus the kids can see the trains without mum or dad having to hold them up. It is also a nice height for those who use wheelchairs to view the trains.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Have I? Comet Kits + extra parts inc. passengers table lamps and gangways; probably talking £50+; then paint and decals; times 2 = about £100. Ready built to a VG standard by the look of it , even if a bit inaccurate, in that the Rebuilt Tavern should have electrics (double generator as well IIRC post '58/59 rather than that bl##dy great gas tank, and I'm not certain about the Cantrail colour banding for pre 1964, paid £85 + £4 ish postage!

Guilty m'lud!

At$£

I have just picked myself up from the floor having opened the box containing the Bulleid 'Dining Pair'. For the very first time on that auction site the 'win' has provided me with a superb product that is even better than described. Honestly, they are excellent and only posted yesterday at twice the quoted cost to the seller, who is obviously a gifted modeller and a real enthusiast.

I shall pose them on the railway sometime soon to just show how damn good they are. Boy, am I glad I bothered to bid for them after hesitating.

Happy Duck

• Like 11