SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Don't care - there's new Pecketts and Rustons!!

I'm sensing an underlying theme here...

Al.

• Like 1

Hi Al

May be the good Captain "Don't care".

Still no idea what a foldy ladder has to do with cricket. :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Quite simple really - because I am somewhat height challenged I need it when umpiring  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Never mind, off to weather my Peck*r Peckett now!

Edited by vaughan45

• RMweb Premium

SWMBO has forced me to order a Shorty 3 Set........where's her discipline I ask myself? Must have been that visit to the loft when she saw my trains actually moving  :whistle:  :good:

Ar$£

P.S. Wonder what I might have been told to get if she had seen me actually moving, or even better, getting on with the scenery or point motors? The mind boggles somewhat.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

SWMBO has forced me to order a Shorty 3 Set........where's her discipline I ask myself? Must have been that visit to the loft when she saw my trains actually moving  :whistle:  :good:

Ar$£

P.S. Wonder what I might have been told to get if she had seen me actually moving, or even better, getting on with the scenery or point motors? The mind boggles somewhat.

Hi Senor Duck

There is a consensus of opinion that your mind does nothing but boggle.

A shortie bulleyed set sounds wonderful, to work opposite the Mk1 3 car set on the local services?

• RMweb Gold

I have to report a most odd experience just now, here in Kernow Towers.

With just me and CTMK in the house, we thought we had lost a key component of the coffee machine, which CTMK had partially dismantled for cleaning.

She was certain that she had re-inserted this piece of mechanism into the machine, but when we opened the front of the machine, it wasn't to be seen. She initially thought that I was playing a prank on her, but my consistent denials eventually convinced her.

We both searched high and low throughout the house, in case she had absent-mindedly carried it elsewhere in the house, so the fridge, oven, cupboards and washing machine were all checked, to no avail.

I then applied the logic of Sherlock Holmes, which for no apparent reason came to me after a brief thought on the lines of, 'I bet they don't have problems like this in Horrocksford'. I suggested that, in the absence of any other explanation (abduction of the component by aliens to repair their ship was in danger of becoming the working assumption at that time), we just assemble the remaining components and switch the machine on, to see what happened.

And this is exactly what we did and to our considerable surprise, the machine produced a nice cup of coffee.

When we opened the front of the machine again, the 'missing' component was there before our eyes, bold as brass and looking a little smug. It turns out that the machine pulls the item (which is about 4" x 2" x 2") up into its' guts, in order to grind the coffee beans.

Well, I never!

• Like 1

Sounds all a bit hi-tech for me CK, I'll stick to the simple method 

post-20303-0-77070800-1547035368_thumb.png

I am however pleased that CK Towers is now refreshed.

D.A.R.Jeeling

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Premium

I have to report a most odd experience just now, here in Kernow Towers.

With just me and CTMK in the house, we thought we had lost a key component of the coffee machine, which CTMK had partially dismantled for cleaning.

She was certain that she had re-inserted this piece of mechanism into the machine, but when we opened the front of the machine, it wasn't to be seen. She initially thought that I was playing a prank on her, but my consistent denials eventually convinced her.

We both searched high and low throughout the house, in case she had absent-mindedly carried it elsewhere in the house, so the fridge, oven, cupboards and washing machine were all checked, to no avail.

I then applied the logic of Sherlock Holmes, which for no apparent reason came to me after a brief thought on the lines of, 'I bet they don't have problems like this in Horrocksford'. I suggested that, in the absence of any other explanation (abduction of the component by aliens to repair their ship was in danger of becoming the working assumption at that time), we just assemble the remaining components and switch the machine on, to see what happened.

And this is exactly what we did and to our considerable surprise, the machine produced a nice cup of coffee.

When we opened the front of the machine again, the 'missing' component was there before our eyes, bold as brass and looking a little smug. It turns out that the machine pulls the item (which is about 4" x 2" x 2") up into its' guts, in order to grind the coffee beans.

Well, I never!

Well I never, so Kernow Towers wasn't visited by aliens from Haverfordwest. That is reassuring.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We have a Dolce Gusto coffee machine and the little jobby you put the tabs in slides out to load it

so I put this component in the dish washer as it was looking a bit lime scaled up then it disappeared,

I applied women logic yes  it ended in the cutlery draw as I first guessed hidden under larger utensils.

Yes you can't make it up.  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

We have a Dolce Gusto coffee machine and the little jobby you put the tabs in slides out to load it

so I put this component in the dish washer as it was looking a bit lime scaled up then it disappeared,

I applied women logic yes  it ended in the cutlery draw as I first guessed hidden under larger utensils.

Yes you can't make it up.  :jester:

I am going to stick up for Mrs 81C, that is the sort of trick aliens form Haverfordwest would get up to.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of dolce gusto or Nespresso, especially since I interviewed a chap at Nestlé and he told me what actually goes into the pods!

They also won't break down so are very environmentally unfriendly.

SWMBO recently discovered L'Or instant coffee, which I have to say is most delightful and works out at around 5 pence per cup compared to around 25 pence per cup using pods 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our coffee machine was, I believe, made by a company that sounds like it is based in warmer climes.

It grinds the beans up in the machine, as it beats as it sweeps as it cleans.

I generally use locally roasted beans, such as those from Exe Coffee Roasters, which also gives me an excuse to have a hot beverage with Grahame and Maurice while I'm there.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm not a fan of dolce gusto or Nespresso, especially since I interviewed a chap at Nestlé and he told me what actually goes into the pods!

They also won't break down so are very environmentally unfriendly.

SWMBO recently discovered L'Or instant coffee, which I have to say is most delightful and works out at around 5 pence per cup compared to around 25 pence per cup using pods

Pod prices vary. Lidl Ristretto, strength 10, costs 16.9 cents here, about 15 pence. But all Nespresso machines force the water through at 19 bar, unlike any other.

• RMweb Premium

Coffee? Pah! I just use ground up Triang wagons; produces a smooth, heritage taste but do not use boiling water straight from the Ejectors. Old track underlay is also pretty good as long as you remember to remove every single track pin before mincing. Best taken with a Slimming World Hi Fi chewy thing to balance the taste sensation. Milk of choice if required.

Today I have cunningly distracted a welcome guest into planning my new, improved layout alterations.

The "I'll get some pictures so you will know what I am trying to achieve" method was employed, along with a site visit to the loft. There, in a carefully controlled climatic environment designed to induce a relaxing and sleep inducing behaviour response, the ideas came along in their hundreds. All I had to do was wave around some cardboard and a bit of balsa wood, waffle on about Devon scenery and hey presto, an improved Seaton Branch alignment and off stage Branch loop design and plans for backscene to the south east of The Junction was formulated. This now also involves far less trickery as a huge bonus.

Then came the Hungry Caterpillar (HC) cutting improvement plan, including scenic alignments for the cutting, scenic break idea(s) and improved fiddle yard (FY) loop design at the loft access hatch end of the FY. The latter does involve some simple trickery (micro switchery to be applied) and loss of loop length due to point repositioning, however that makes scenic work at the Honiton Incline S.B./Crossover/Refuge Siding a heck of a lot easier and means I can also justify some Cottages, some artistic stonework and a road overbridge. Hoorah.

Two long trains were utilised to see what those looked like on section from the newly planned scenic break to the mouth of the HC; nice!

Only fingerpokin a PP Maunsell set was used in the Branch Platform and environs to give some idea of perspective and 'sight lines'. Cardboard and photoshopped pics will be included in the works in that area.

In a cruel conclusion to the day's events, I submitted my parting guest to freezing his knadgers off at 36E by suggesting we went early before his Inter City liveried 91119 arrived, as there was some empty stock due 'up' from Bo'ness, en route (67 and Mk1s) to Southall ready for Flying Scotsman's trip north on Friday; that was as exciting as a slap in the mush with a wet haddock.

So here I am back at the Towers and raring to rip up some trackwork......yea! Photo's of the carnage will be posted.

Ar$£

P.S. Ta Steve for the very nice drink in the warm Buffet.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Phil for an entertaining day rearranging the geography of East Devon; spicy soup and biccies too!  I hope what we discussed and mocked up with bits of wood etc. was useful and look forward to seeing the piccies!

Never mind the DIY coffee suggestions; get on down to Costa Coffee on 36E station for hallucinogenic refreshments - Class 67 hauling maroon Mk1s, who'd believe THAT on a layout??