SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Finking about pointy fings......I had someone spend nearly an hour trying to tell me the advantage a pointy steam loco had over a non pointy one and why when the carriages pushed it down hill it went 126 mph. Now what were the letters on the side of the coal truck it had behind it......L......N....E ....R .......wow what a coincidence.

There isn't a little yellow bloke with a wooden spoon.

Long Never Ending Railway? :sarcastichand:

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Phil, re buses n stuff, I don’t know if you’ve followed Tim Hales blog on Beaminster Road, where he’s making a layout not too far removed from SJ. Here’s a bit on the local bus:http://timhalesblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/beaminster-and-its-bus.html

Oh, and a Happy Chrimbo, stay away from the sage and onion.

• RMweb Gold

Phil, re buses n stuff, I don’t know if you’ve followed Tim Hales blog on Beaminster Road, where he’s making a layout not too far removed from SJ. Here’s a bit on the local bus:http://timhalesblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/beaminster-and-its-bus.html

Tim had an uncomfortable time on RMweb, ISTR. But his modelling skills were never in doubt.

• RMweb Gold

Tim had an uncomfortable time on RMweb, ISTR. But his modelling skills were never in doubt.

That's true and he's a very accomplished modeller.

But you can sometimes re-arrange the cushions to make yourself more comfortable.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Oh s###, I now have thoughts about Tavistock germinating in the back of my layout head. 

Great article and associated ones like the Millbay piece. Thanks matey.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

All the best to the Junctioneers. May the Reindeer not poop on your layout scenics.

For walking off the festive feasts...…..

The Friends of Daneshill are doing a "What's That Duck?" session on Friday 28th December at Daneshill Lakes Local Nature Reserve, Torworth (Sat Nav DN22 8RB). Lelsey Noar will be on the Sailing Club landing between 10.30 am and 1 pm. It'll be very informal and all ages and abilities are welcome. We may have some coffee brewing too!! There's loads of different waterfowl at Daneshill Lakes at present and they are looking their very best. And the advantage of Daneshill is that you can get close up. Lesley will be bringing along her scope as well as binoculars and she hopes to bring some extra pairs of "bins" along too. Everyone is welcome. It's a drop in session - and we can also have a natter and compare what presents Santa brought us - if any! Should be good! Hope you can make it. 

Ar$£ :whistle:

• Like 6

Merry Christmas Phil, and indeed to all the contributors , sane and otherwise, who populate these merry pages.

And in that spirit, referring to our earlier conversation about omnibuses,  I have composed one of my Odd Odes

A modeller known as the Duck

found himself down on his luck

Yet despite many cusses

at the lack of good buses

He settled instead for a truck

"You can't put good people on trucks"

Shouted Blakey, down under near Dux

Your trainset you'll wreck-a

for lack of Lodekka

and you'll end up shouting 'Oh ...bother'

But hope is not lost I do think

For amidst many acres of ink

One found this newsletter

with answers much better 

Just click here and follow this link...

http://www.busmuseum.org.uk/webnews/news028.htm

Edited by bigwordsmith
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas Phil, and indeed to all the contributors , sane and otherwise, who populate these merry pages.

And in that spirit, referring to our earlier conversation about omnibuses,  I have composed one of my Odd Odes

A modeller known as the Duck

found himself down on his luck

Yet despite many cusses

at the lack of good buses

He settled instead for a truck

"You can't put good people on trucks"

Shouted Blakey, down under near Dux

Your trainset you'll wreck-a

for lack of Lodekka

and you'll end up shouting 'Oh ...bother'

But hope is not lost I do think

For amidst many acres of ink

One found this newsletter

with answers much better 

Just click here and follow this link...

http://www.busmuseum.org.uk/webnews/news028.htm

Ah the dear old 83. used that many times during 1963 when I worked at a Stables (yes, go on and laugh) near the Moorland Links Hotel. Lovely buses.

N.Eddy

• RMweb Gold

Ah the dear old 83. used that many times during 1963 when I worked at a Stables (yes, go on and laugh) near the Moorland Links Hotel. Lovely buses.

N.Eddy

That's spooky. I used the 83 regularly for a few months commuting into Plymouth whilst renting a flat in the Devon Tors Hotel on the roundabout at Yelverton

• RMweb Premium

That's spooky. I used the 83 regularly for a few months commuting into Plymouth whilst renting a flat in the Devon Tors Hotel on the roundabout at Yelverton

Ah, but was it a front door (think it was front door?) Lowdekka? They were lovely buses as I remember. Much more ornate than the PCT Fleet despite them being quite good. 

Anyhow, festive crimble Mr Pinfield and may your footy results resemble something sensible this coming year. COYGFFSGAG. :O

• Like 1

All the best to the Junctioneers. May the Reindeer not poop on your layout scenics.

For walking off the festive feasts...…..

The Friends of Daneshill are doing a "What's That Duck?" session on Friday 28th December at Daneshill Lakes Local Nature Reserve, Torworth (Sat Nav DN22 8RB). Lelsey Noar will be on the Sailing Club landing between 10.30 am and 1 pm. It'll be very informal and all ages and abilities are welcome. We may have some coffee brewing too!! There's loads of different waterfowl at Daneshill Lakes at present and they are looking their very best. And the advantage of Daneshill is that you can get close up. Lesley will be bringing along her scope as well as binoculars and she hopes to bring some extra pairs of "bins" along too. Everyone is welcome. It's a drop in session - and we can also have a natter and compare what presents Santa brought us - if any! Should be good! Hope you can make it. 

Ar$£ :whistle:

Is that the nature reserve that just happens to be beside the ECML, with a view of one of the LNER's cutout signs showing XXX miles to [insert big city here]?

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but was it a front door (think it was front door?) Lowdekka? They were lovely buses as I remember. Much more ornate than the PCT Fleet despite them being quite good. 

Anyhow, festive crimble Mr Pinfield and may your footy results resemble something sensible this coming year. COYGFFSGAG. :O

Thanks Phillus. My journeys in the early 80s were by front entrance Bristol VRs belonging to my employer Western National