Washout at Dawlish

They have laid more track there in a day than the Midland Metro has managed in a couple of months!

Keith

yes amazing really as nature caused this only eight weeks ago on Tuesday when you think about it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Knowing that they'd be tiny but wondering if they already existed, I typed "model pastie" into Google Images. I have to say that the results weren't quite what I was expecting... :O

And what is the problem http://rhonda4066.deviantart.com/art/cornish-pastie-chips-and-beans-by-NeatEats-367840371 :sungum: :sungum:

• Like 3

Knowing that they'd be tiny but wondering if they already existed, I typed "model pastie" into Google Images. I have to say that the results weren't quite what I was expecting... :O

maybe 'model pasty' next time! It might spare your blushes

I think Captain Kernow and his regimental band of the Orange Army should be awarded the freedom of Dawlish. This should allow them to drive their sheep through Dawlish once a year or maybe in more conventional times they can drive their Big Red Spidery Thing and Big Yellow Tracky Thing through Dawlish.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Seaton Tramway reckon they'll be open for business a week ahead of Dawlish

I wonder what happens when they try to join the ends of the tracks and find there's a gap 5mm too big.  Back to the Templot or asking for advice on RMweb I suppose  ;)

• Like 1

I wonder what happens when they try to join the ends of the tracks and find there's a gap 5mm too big. Back to the Templot or asking for advice on RMweb I suppose ;)

It might have been more aesthetically pleasing at Dawlish to have put some curved pieces instead of all straight track. Edited by lightengine

• RMweb Premium

I wonder what happens when they try to join the ends of the tracks and find there's a gap 5mm too big.  Back to the Templot or asking for advice on RMweb I suppose   ;)

You go to the van to collect the extra large pair of Xuron cutters.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

I think Captain Kernow and his regimental band of the Orange Army should be awarded the freedom of Dawlish. This should allow them to drive their sheep through Dawlish once a year or maybe in more conventional times they can drive their Big Red Spidery Thing and Big Yellow Tracky Thing through Dawlish.

Thank you for that, most touching! As it happens, my I request a slight amendment to the award - namely a 50 year free subscription to all burger vans throughout the country for all of the Orange Army, plus free (or reduced rate) holding pens for our sheep, when we wish to use the burger vans (this may entail the construction or re-building of certain sheep facilities in a number of Devon villages), plus free and early access to the Warley and Ally Pally shows in perpetuity!

Oh, and free parking for all Big Red/Yellow Spidery/Tracky Things on every weekend in March for the next 100 years.

That should do it!  :P

Now those minute pasty and chips would be ideal for the Captain take up less room than a normal pasty.

OK, so if we reserve you a minute pasty at Taunton next April, that'll be OK, will it?!  :lol:  :P

I mean - they call 1 inch long Mars Bars as 'Fun Size'.... to me a fun size Mars Bar will be at leat 2 feet in length!  :D

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

Thank you for that, most touching! As it happens, my I request a slight amendment to the award - namely a 50 year free subscription to all burger vans throughout the country for all of the Orange Army, plus free (or reduced rate) holding pens for our sheep, when we wish to use the burger vans (this may entail the construction or re-building of certain sheep facilities in a number of Devon villages), plus free and early access to the Warley and Ally Pally shows in perpetuity!

Oh, and free parking for all Big Red/Yellow Spidery/Tracky Things on every weekend in March for the next 100 years.

That should do it!  :P

OK, so if we reserve you a minute pasty at Taunton next April, that'll be OK, will it?!  :lol:  :P

I mean - they call 1 inch long Mars Bars as 'Fun Size'.... to me a fun size Mars Bar will be at leat 2 feet in length!  :D

I think Andy Y needs to investigate your recent postings. First of all you use some dubious euphemism about gluing my pasty to the counter and now you are talking of 2' long Fun Size Mars bars (obviously other chocolate bars are available, but probably not from burger vans). What you do in your own time Captain is up to you. (At this point I wish I hadnt mentioned sheep previously.)

Time for the captains meds matron!

They're getting a bit of a dousing there this lunchtime.

A moderately rough sea is seeing spray and the occasional wave top crashing over onto the tracks and work sites.

Brings to mind the chorus in Hendrix's "Castles made of Sand" (which has just played on the radio, not 5 minutes ago).

"And so castles made of sand

fall in the sea,

eventually" 

• RMweb Gold

I think Andy Y needs to investigate your recent postings. First of all you use some dubious euphemism about gluing my pasty to the counter and now you are talking of 2' long Fun Size Mars bars (obviously other chocolate bars are available, but probably not from burger vans). What you do in your own time Captain is up to you. (At this point I wish I hadnt mentioned sheep previously.)

Time for the captains meds matron!

Baaaaa!!

• Like 1

bah, all this work, they could have just used these :)

attachicon.gifR659.jpg

In the Nederlands as you drive away from Europoort towards the southern bypass around Rotterdam, there is a junction which seems to be built entirely of such structures.

It's junction Afrid 18 -19, off the N15 for Rhoon and Havens 2000-2250 and Heijplaat, Havens 2250 and 2800. That would be via Willem Barentszstraat. I've typed in all this just to give the predictive text a "hissing fit!" 

We named it the Hornby "Grand Victorian" bridge.

Edited by Judge Dread
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Popped into Dawlish Warren today to drop off 4 pallets of concrete trough lids ready for the cable route through the breach site. The cable route works through the new track are being started on Wednesday,  so all that cable over the temporary bridge will have somewhere to live permanently once again by the weekend.

The troughing gang are certainly up against it as they already have an on going cable route job at Aish near South Brent that still has to be finished on time and also more cable needs to be run out through the slip site west of Dawlish station!

Still lots of work left to do yet!

My next little assignment is to drop off about 10 tons of brand new steel fencing that I think is going along Marine parade. By the amount Ive seen in our yard at Plymouth, they must renewing the whole lot of it. That's my Wednesday night / Thursday morning job sorted. :)

Meanwhile............

Looks like the guys are taking out the plant rails!

post-299-0-96130600-1395679843.png

Looking at that picture, Ive a feeling the fencing im taking there maybe running along the new wall. No doubt Il find out soon enough!

Edited by Gary H
  • Like 2