Wickham Trolley

Combe Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Liveries followed the road vehicle fleet probably.

Crimson (not maroon)  c1949-1963

Green c1963-1970

Yellow c1970 to end.

Not sure about this viewed a film made in 1960 showing rail tampers in yellow livery, anyone have a picture of a Wickham in yellow at this time, I remember seeing yellow machines in the early sixties.

Now showing as no known date for delivery.

Bachmann must have a problem with the model for  its status to change it was showing May/June , then due in next 60 days, now no date showing!  Has a boat sunk ?

Not sure about this viewed a film made in 1960 showing rail tampers in yellow livery, anyone have a picture of a Wickham in yellow at this time, I remember seeing yellow machines in the early sixties.

I have a similar quandry as I'm looking at one for a 1970 based layout and stuck between the maroon and earlier of the 2 yellow versions. I seem to recall the Holyhead Breakwater railway had one which afaik stayed in maroon until the line closed c.1980ish, though I have only seen black and white photos of it. . .

Edited by Signaller69

• 2 weeks later...

The latest edition of The S&D Telegraph, the magazine of The Somerset & Dorset Railway Heritage Trust (the group that are at Midsomer Norton) has on it's back page a colour photo of a Wickham passing Midford.  It's not one I've seen published before and is dated 16.4.63  The Wickham is in very faded maroon (or crimson), and the front window surounds and panel above the window are grey (maybe its primer, it looks like it needs a repaint). The sidescreens are down and the number is illegible, that's if it's there at all !       

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

For those still interested in this model and not up ot the challenge of conversion - just noticed that eHattons are offering this model with DCC fitted for a few pounds shy of £100!

No lights and sound then lol

For those still interested in this model and not up ot the challenge of conversion - just noticed that eHattons are offering this model with DCC fitted for a few pounds shy of £100!

I think that is wishfull thinking if they can fit a dcc decoder to the trolley, unless they plan to stick it on the roof !!!

I think that is wishfull thinking if they can fit a dcc decoder to the trolley, unless they plan to stick it on the roof !!!

I would imagine that the decoder will go in the trailer, which then needs to be permanently coupled to the trolley.

• 1 month later...

Not sure why there is so much dislike, I am looking forward to getting one. :)

Likewise, currently the only new item I'm actually contemplating buying. They do seem to have been in a container on their way an awfully long time, not stuck on a Hanjin ship somewhere I hope. . . ;-)

Edited by Signaller69

Not sure why there is so much dislike, I am looking forward to getting one. :)

Yeah, I don't why know either, a bold innovative move by the manufacturer :yes:

Bit out of period for me, but at an attractive special offer price who knows. I model in 4mm, but somehow fell prey to an attractively priced 7mm Deltic..........

• Like 1