RMWeb Members Day at Taunton 2014 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

Got Tormouth Quay loaded safely into the car mid-afternoon before the heavens opened.  What a deluge we've had this evening down here in "sunny (Ha!) East Devon" - hope things are better in the morning!

Also hope I surface in good time to brave the journey over the Blackdowns - having a quiet (?) celebration following a totally unexpected football result in Uncle Joe's Mint Ball land in the north-west - (un?)fortunately, Speckled Hen's on offer at Tesco!  Feeling pleased for all the other "seasiders", but sorry for my co- operator tomorrow who's a Brum supporter  .  .  .  .

Come & say hello (but please don't shout!!!) and just ask if you want to play with my trainset - I'm sure I'll be glad to have a break.

Left work 22.30, rained all the way home. Layout loaded by 23.00, thankfully dodging the showers!

See you all tomorrow, if anyone has an N scale class 50 they'd like to feature in a Laira through the ages photoshoot I am planning to do at some point tomorrow with some of my stock, please feel free to bring it, it's one class that's missing from my collection. Large logo or NSE preferred, but any 50 is better than none!

jo

• RMweb Premium

Seen that car sticker.....show dogs in transit? What's that all about!

It's an instruction.  Show dogs (when) in transit.  ;)  The rest is for your imagination to figure out.

I would have loved to attend today, and even contemplated a last minute dash up the M5 for the last hour-or-so. However today was also the last game of the season for my Football team, and my competitive seasons are numbered. Hopefully my railway modelling days will last well beyond my football days, hence the tough decision today. Will look forward to pictures and hope all enjoyed it.

Just got back from a terrific day. Lots of interesting layouts, displays and conversation. Looking forward to next year's already!

PS. If anyone has pictures of 'Nouvion' they can post, my daughter heard about it and wants to see pictures... :dontknow: Thanks!

It was great meeting folk from on here. A nice friendly bunch, as far as i could see, once my eyes had settled down from something like arc eys due to a pretty bright shirt. I'm not going to say how enjoyable and friendly it was, 'cos if you believe it, y'all be there next year, and it may be too crowded. The pasties, although ready to run, needed a bit of weathering with the brown sauce.

Thanks to the folk who organised it, paid for the hall and insurance, and who travelled many miles to be part of the show. - all should  be like this.

Best wishes,

Ray

Thanks to all those involved in organising today's event - some fascinating layouts and lots of opportunity to talk to the operators. Particular thanks to all those running the catering - especially for the veggy pasties!

Best wishes

Eric

• RMweb Gold

I spent 3 very happy hours at Staplegrove today (the tea was really darn good as well) - I'm not allowed pasties ( so SWMBO says) - so can't comment, but by the looks of it they looked very nice and were going down great guns!

It was great to meet other members,especially as a relative newbie! Everyone, was so friendly and welcoming I really felt at home and learnt a lot (many thanks Mozzer)- roll on next year.

Many, many thanks to Tim (CK), Andy for organising the event and everyone else who helped in whatever capacity.

Aidan

Taunton Virgin! ( actually.....First Great Western took me there!).

My first experience today and what better way to spend a Sunday afternoon in a calm and friendly atmosphere. Good to meet old friends and meet new like minded modellers who just enjoy operating their layouts. I gained more tips and reinforced my own ideas through discussing them with others today. BIG pat on the back for the organisers and the caterers ( were they Cornish or Somerset pasties?).

Deffo in my diary for 2015

Thank you to ALL concerned

Mega appreciation to the organising crew, I really enjoyed my visit to the members day despite it being relatively limited due to other comminments. Anyway sounds like I will be there for next year's show with a layout, looking forward to that!

Best wishes

Simon

Just landed after a soggy drive back up the M5; thank you, as ever, to Tim for the wonderful organisation, the kitchen crew and all exhibitors, traders and visitors. A very enjoyable day and I'll sort the pics over the next day or so. It's still one of the best days on the calendar and we had some real gems on show and Diddington's my tip for becoming very hot property on the exhibition circuit in the future. A super day with everyone on Saturday on the WSR.

Oh, before anyone mentions anything to the contrary my fiddle yard wiring was fine; as long as you didn't connect it to the other modules!  :jester: That was my modelling low-light of the year.

I also had a very enjoyable day. I managed to turn down the flanges on some MTH wheelsets using Brian's lathe (my very first experience of using a lathe) and also bought a book. Thanks to CK and everyone involved in organising it.

As Andy said, the M5 was a bit wet. It was ok until we got between Weston and Bristol, and then the whole motorway became very wet and very slow moving!

Thanks to Tim, Andy and everyone else involved in the organising, it was a great day as ever. Thanks to everyone that stopped by and had a chat, it was good to catch up with some familiar faces and also put some names to some new ones too!

Oh and as for the 2884, well, having looked online at the real ones at work, lets just say ideas are flowing...

jo

Just landed after a soggy drive back up the M5; thank you, as ever, to Tim for the wonderful organisation, the kitchen crew and all exhibitors, traders and visitors. A very enjoyable day and I'll sort the pics over the next day or so. It's still one of the best days on the calendar and we had some real gems on show and Diddington's my tip for becoming very hot property on the exhibition circuit in the future. A super day with everyone on Saturday on the WSR.

Oh, before anyone mentions anything to the contrary my fiddle yard wiring was fine; as long as you didn't connect it to the other modules!  :jester: That was my modelling low-light of the year.

In total agreement Andy, Diddington pulled me in straight away, as well as the other layouts. Best way to spend a Sunday afternoon, can we do it again next week please ha ha!

Nice to have met you today, can I re-iterate what I said earlier this afternoon ...... Can we have another tab headed " Time limited to one hour max - Now get back to your modelling !!" It could be likened to smoking and maybe more addictive !!! Great site and pleased I joined which was reinforced by today's gathering of like minded and friendly members. Very well done and thank you to all concerned.

Grahame

P.S. Extruded PUR ( insulation sheets ) can be detrimental to your "current" thinking ha ha !!!

Archived