Ask Dave

DJM Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave

Just wondering what progress is being made on the N gauge GWR Mogul (63XX)?  I am eagerly awaiting this as it is essential for my Dulverton layout.  Surely I can't be the only person desperate for one (or two!)?  It was one of the first to be announced but it seems to have slipped down your priority list.  Is there a problem with it?  Any idea when we might actually see it?

Thanks

Jose

Hi Dave

Just wondering what progress is being made on the N gauge GWR Mogul (63XX)?  I am eagerly awaiting this as it is essential for my Dulverton layout.  Surely I can't be the only person desperate for one (or two!)?  It was one of the first to be announced but it seems to have slipped down your priority list.  Is there a problem with it?  Any idea when we might actually see it?

Thanks

Jose

Hi Jose,

Nothing to add to what you already know unfortunately.

It's always been the plan to use the J94 to finance others then like a snowball rolling down a hill others gain finances for tooling etc.

Please take a look at my web site homepage from time to time as it is currently up to date. No new news doesn't mean nothing is happening, it just means I'm not sure it's newsworthy.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Techno question for you. Which of the tender-model drive systems do you favour? Loco drive, Cardan shaft or Tender Drive?

No real reason for asking other than I'm curious as to the engineering advantages and disadvantages of each system

No caught out, you were secretly hoping someone would buy you the Hornby Downton Abbey set - you rang m'lud. You only have to ask.

Here I was thinking he wanted the 2016 Horn(?)b(?)y xmas train set- prior to amendments !

(see the Hornby Disapointing Financial Results thread to find the joke, if you are not in the know)

Right, coat, hat (& definitely 'brolly, it's rained >60mm here today)

James

• 2 weeks later...

.....now with the advent of fantastic coreless motors,....

Maybe one day you'll have a go at teaming these with bevel-and-spur  or crown-and-pinion geartrains  :sungum:

In respect of spares, I note that although the Kernow Beattie Well Tank diagram is on your website, will it be joined by the Kernow O2 and others that you work on, or has the situation changed regarding these later productions?

Maybe one day you'll have a go at teaming these with bevel-and-spur  or crown-and-pinion geartrains  :sungum:

In respect of spares, I note that although the Kernow Beattie Well Tank diagram is on your website, will it be joined by the Kernow O2 and others that you work on, or has the situation changed regarding these later productions?

The O2 spares will be available next weekend from my web site, as I get them during next week.

I agree regarding gear trains by the way.

Cheers

Dave

I de-nationalized a K2106 BR model but am not happy with my attempt to eradicate the cursed cast on smoke box number plate. Would I be able to order a suitable pre 1948 smoke box door from you or from Kernow?

thanks

Edited by autocoach

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Now the Bachmann/Farish cats are out of the bag, any chance of more much-needed wagons from DJM?

I'm hinting not very subtly at the PGA 4-wheel hoppers and the JUA iron-ore/aggregate bogie tipplers, both of which would be required in considerable quantities; both long-lived types and lots of liveries might make these a worthwhile project.

Dave,

I appreciate there is probably no definitive answer to this at present but... When the 0 Gauge version of the J94/Austerity tank does come to market, will there be any consideration of whether you will produce industrial prototypes as well as the already listed BR versions? Or would that depend on initial sales and/or retailer commissions (as with the 4mm version)?

I understand that this model is probably still some way in the future and you might not have even thought much about it at all after the initial announcement, so if there is no answer at present, I perfectly understand!

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave

Now the Bachmann/Farish cats are out of the bag, any chance of more much-needed wagons from DJM?

I'm hinting not very subtly at the PGA 4-wheel hoppers and the JUA iron-ore/aggregate bogie tipplers, both of which would be required in considerable quantities; both long-lived types and lots of liveries might make these a worthwhile project.

PGAs are a minefield to get right - I spent a morning recently trying to get my head round all the variants or groups of variants at least!

PTA/JUA is available (or certainly was available and may still be) as a nice kit from TPM.  Well worth asking Bernard if he has any stock.

Cheers, Mike