Ask Dave

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

I know you can't say too much about it but will work on the GWR King for Hattons begin again straight after the 14xx/48xx/58xx is released? I can't wait to get my hands on them. I have all the BR versions and the Steam museum special on preorder. Don't know why I will do with 9 Kings but hey who cares lol.

Cheers, Ryan

Hi Dave

I know you can't say too much about it but will work on the GWR King for Hattons begin again straight after the 14xx/48xx/58xx is released? I can't wait to get my hands on them. I have all the BR versions and the Steam museum special on preorder. Don't know why I will do with 9 Kings but hey who cares lol.

Cheers, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I'm afraid your correct, I can't say anything about it I'm afraid.

All info should, on this subject, be directed at Dave (not this one ) on the Hattons page.

Sorry

Dave (this one )

Hi Wheatley,

Just come to the end of the 30 days credit to stockists so i expect things to start moving a bit now.

Then don't forget i've got 4 more J94's to come out too soon.

The 17 will be first up, and depending on other things, the 23 might be right behind it rather than a few months delay.

I'll be doing more shows next year as things really start to pop, not necessarily as a trader, more for P.R. as i'm quite against the idea of selling items that stockists should have, and anyway apart form if i ever did NQP's i'd never undercut the stockists as they are my life blood (as are the end customer obviously).

I should think that the next 6 months should see some very interesting things happen (cannot say yet).

Then after the 71, 17, J94, 23 and some special commissions plus the 92 in both gauges, i'll clear some more of the back log, and then i quite fancy something 'longer' so a train is in my 'train of thoughts' (sorry). 

I'm currently working on a 2017 product brochure which will be a PDF free to download around Christmas or New Years eve 2016, that will show all i think i shall get to market, new liveries, numbers, items, etc.

I'll also be working on the DJM product library on my website cataloging release models for DJM and commissions, catalog numbers, release dates and pictures so we all have an ongoing library of what and when.

Other than that and a trip to China again for the 71 chassis in a few weeks and again in January, i've not got a lot on  :onthequiet: Sorry you asked now huh? lol  :locomotive:

Cheers

Dave

In your suggested order of next models progress, there is no mention of the Class 74. As someone involved in both the Class 71 and Class 74 crowdfunding, can you advise where the 74 is likely to feature, as that one seems to have dropped out of interest with the progress on the 94 and 71 plus the new 92 filling the updates at the moment. Is the 74 going ahead?

In your suggested order of next models progress, there is no mention of the Class 74. As someone involved in both the Class 71 and Class 74 crowdfunding, can you advise where the 74 is likely to feature, as that one seems to have dropped out of interest with the progress on the 94 and 71 plus the new 92 filling the updates at the moment. Is the 74 going ahead?

Hi,

Simply an accidental omission, and the 74 progresses along, and gathers pace the next few weeks as the 71's get built and shipped.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Hi,

Simply an accidental omission, and the 74 progresses along, and gathers pace the next few weeks as the 71's get built and shipped.

Cheers

Dave

Thank you Dave for the clarification, however can you elaborate on where we are with the 74, as you mentioned previously that it was a slower uptake than the 71. You advised that the cads are likely to be ready within the next couple of months, however is the crowdfunding sufficient for the model to progress immediately after cad acceptance to tooling and production or is it going to need more crowdfunding support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi mate,

Who knows and don't call me Shirley ;-)

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave

I have noticed that Hattons are listing both a baby Deltic and a J94 in 0 gauge from DJ Models and wonder if there's any indication of when they may be produced?

Maybe one of the new boys on the block would wish to take these over or even perhaps Heljan or Bachmann?

Norman

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dave

I have noticed that Hattons are listing both a baby Deltic and a J94 in 0 gauge from DJ Models and wonder if there's any indication of when they may be produced?

Maybe one of the new boys on the block would wish to take these over or even perhaps Heljan or Bachmann?

Norman

Given all the work done by DJ on at least the J94, why would he want to just give them up?

Roy