Dapol "O" gauge Terrier.

Multiple identity account

I'd completely missed this so have been diving round RMWeb and Tower models website like a 6 year old on Christmas eve.  I'm pleased to see that the KESR blue one should be here in three months or so along with the BR black ones.

I restarted in 0 gauge when Dapol announced this,  it's the first loco I've pre-orderered and will be the first brand new loco I've bought myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Tower Models are currently giving the following schedule:

Richard Webster has given us the latest information in regard to the forthcoming Dapol Terriers. They hope to have the first 3 liveries around the middle to end of May and these will be the SR Green, LBSC Stroudley Improve Green "Thames" and LBSC Stroudley Improved Green "Brighton" gold medal. The sound equipped versions of these becoming available approximately 3 weeks after the non-sound equipped have been released.

The remaining liveries (Both BR black early and late crest and KESR "Bodiam") will now be available approximately 3-4 months after the release of the first three liveries, again with the sound equipped versions available approximately 3 weeks after the non-sound launch. As is the nature of these things nowadays there are no firm dates as of yet.

Edited by Kev_Lewis

Still no Isle of Wight version listed?

I don't think there was ever plans for the IOW versions.

More from the Tower website : "The Terrier locomotive is to be made available in two basic types with a total of six liveries"

• RMweb Premium

Originally Dapol announced a A1x Terrier in IoW mode with large bunker & sandbox splashers but this disappeared. Its an obvious choice for a future batch.

Dava

Originally Dapol announced a A1x Terrier in IoW mode with large bunker & sandbox splashers but this disappeared. Its an obvious choice for a future batch.

Dava

Shame really as the real things still exist in preservation and model versions of them usually sell well to those who have enjoyed the full size version. Still, at the price they are selling them I'd be happy to modify one (or 2!)

Jon F.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what period the K&ESR one will be? Pre 1931 RVR/K&ESR, K&ESR rebuild, or as preserved? An idea came into my mind this morning, and I need to know so I can make it go away if I get the wrong answer!

I understand its the A1 pre rebuild with wood brake blocks

Mine's on order

Dava

Thanks. That's the answer my head wanted, but my bank account didn't! I suppose it will appear around the time of a big birthday, so I'll need a present to myself to commiserate! It's just that it won't stop there, as I'll need track, wagons and a coach or two :O.

• RMweb Premium

If you can get to one of the G0G or ALSRM events there is plenty of second hand, I have never bought new track and since starting in this scale about 5 years ago found you could do a lot on a budget (in UK not Canada). Best money saving tip is don't buy kits you won't build!

There used to be a Bristol show in winter?

Dava

If you can get to one of the G0G or ALSRM events there is plenty of second hand, I have never bought new track and since starting in this scale about 5 years ago found you could do a lot on a budget (in UK not Canada). Best money saving tip is don't buy kits you won't build!

There used to be a Bristol show in winter?

Dava

I've got a micro layout in mind, with no points, and just a few yards of lightweight flat bottom rail spiked to sleepers hand built track. Something like Canterbury Road on the EKR, but on one of the never built branches off the K&ESR. So I'd need a handful of suitable wagons, and maybe one coach. And I'm rather tempted to have a go at scratchbuilding the Pickering railcar one day. The aim would be to be very careful about just buying what I need, and not getting carried away!

But then I've got several other layouts on the go, or being planned!

• RMweb Gold

That's the same link Graham posted ;)

Only means a minor change, I'd hazard a guess a wrong component used or a manufacturing fault as they are only talking a short delay.