Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

These look very nice.

I'm really trying to find an excuse not to get one,other than they're completely out of the timescale I model.

Dave will the pantagraph be available separately as I think it would look a treat on my class 70 kit.

Atb

Nik

Edited by Spannerman

Thank you everyone, your comments are appreciated.

Worth noting that I have a list of over 30 features that this locomotive has, that some or all of you might be interested in. I'll post them here on Sunday morning.

I'm not happy with the grey roof and I think it should be very off white, what do you guys think?

Also too many speedo cables still.

And yes, each different deco has head code font sizes for that period in time, and are easy to fit.

Yes the pants will be available separately as a numbered spare.

Cheers and please pop by the Kernow stand over the weekend and have a chat and 'handle the goods'

Dave

• Like 2

Thank you everyone, your comments are appreciated.

Worth noting that I have a list of over 30 features that this locomotive has, that some or all of you might be interested in. I'll post them here on Sunday morning.

I'm not happy with the grey roof and I think it should be very off white, what do you guys think?

Also too many speedo cables still.

And yes, each different deco has head code font sizes for that period in time, and are easy to fit.

Yes the pants will be available separately as a numbered spare.

Cheers and please pop by the Kernow stand over the weekend and have a chat and 'handle the goods'

Dave

Dave are we able to order another 71 at the favourable price still?

Regards

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Weeeoooo!!!!! :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :locomotive:

It's still that bogie detail that bowls me over.  The 'H' version looks rather soft and incomplete there in comparison.  Glad I changed my order to the early version though, the one without the stripe looks a bit plain.  Right of course, but plain.  Shame there is still no evidence of a SYP in early livery.

Edited by New Haven Neil

It's still that bogie detail that bowls me over.  The 'H' version looks rather soft and incomplete there in comparison.  Glad I changed my order to the early version though, the one without the stripe looks a bit plain.  Right of course, but plain.  Shame there is still no evidence of a SYP in early livery.

Yes, the stripe helps a lot. So does the colour – that bit more attractive than the duller green. I dare say it’ll look better yet with the splash of red on the valence.

Dave are we able to order another 71 at the favourable price still?

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes you can indeed.

The crowdsourcing deal hasn't closed so you can order as many as you like ( I'd personally draw the line at 250 though as that would be just plain greedy ) lol

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

It looks great - but are the cab sides really as flat as they look? It looks very pronounced on the blue version, almost as if the profile changes between the bodyside and the cab side. Please tell me I'm wrong.

David

It looks great - but are the cab sides really as flat as they look? It looks very pronounced on the blue version, almost as if the profile changes between the bodyside and the cab side. Please tell me I'm wrong.

David

Hi David,

I'm going to let others answer that for me once they see the model in the flesh.

It's probably better that way.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Whilst the windscreen wipers look very fine indeed, they are all parked in the centre of the screen on all the models.  Is this how it will be? They should ideally be parked next to the centre panel when not in use - otherwise the driver's vision is impaired.

Being samples to test the paint colours, would I be correct in saying the early green ones with rain stripes will not be there on the final models?

All the models have rain strips I'm afraid. However, there are enough pics out there showing early green with the rain strips, so although it may not be exactly what you want (costs to do yet another set of slides were silly money) at least early, with, will work......for some.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Whilst the windscreen wipers look very fine indeed, they are all parked in the centre of the screen on all the models.  Is this how it will be? They should ideally be parked next to the centre panel when not in use - otherwise the driver's vision is impaired.

please do not worry, these are deco samples, not production samples and things like these and the even more important 4 speedo cables will be addressed.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi David,

I'm going to let others answer that for me once they see the model in the flesh.

It's probably better that way.

Cheers

Dave

Exactly, but experience shows that it won't stop the photograph nit-pickers here having a field day!

Very many thanks to you for this project - I look forward to the result of my little bit of investment arriving in the post.

Mike

I'm not so certain of that, here's an example of one of Charlie's kits built for me by Ken Gibbons. We did careful research and came up with E5012 

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u580/MeophamEast/Hornby%20Magazine%20photos/British%20Railway%20Modelling%20magazine%20photos/BRM3A_zpscec67b64.jpg

A swift search on E5012 brought up several photos.

Edited by Judge Dread

All the models have rain strips I'm afraid. However, there are enough pics out there showing early green with the rain strips, so although it may not be exactly what you want (costs to do yet another set of slides were silly money) at least early, with, will work......for some.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks. I will admit, it was one of the characteristics which pleased me on the early one. Ah well, c'est la vie!

Now that Hornby is on their committed path with no chance of ever correcting their air vents, any chance of us knowing subtle detail differences between each model please?

I remember some time back that there was talk of 2 distinct bodies. And I find them hard to see from photos.

Edited by JSpencer

Dave

.... any chance of us knowing subtle detail differences between each model please?

Does Dave's earlier post help? Edited by leopardml2341