Kernow Model Rail Centre to produce GWR 1361 0-6-0 Saddle Tank

Andy Y

Kernow Model Centre have advised today that tooling has now commenced on the 1361 GWR Saddle Tank! They have also announced an additional model, K2201A in Works Photographic Grey. Unfortunately the additional tooling required to cover the unique features of each of the five models has required a price rise, but existing orders will be honoured at the previous price. You can still save £10 by placing a pre-order:

K2201 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1361 BR Black L/C £124.99

K2201A DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1361 Photographic Grey £124.99

K2202 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1362 BR Black E/E £124.99

K2203 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1363 GWR Green Shirtbutton emblem £124.99

K2204 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1364 in GWR Green GWR lettering £124.99

K2205 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1365 BR Black L/C heavily weathered £134.99

See their dedicated page here http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/150/GWR-1361-Class-Saddle-Tank

Good for Kernow - meeting the Danish lot head on with a similar photographic grey offering. I fear though it has limited appeal and so if Kernow feel they need to widen the range, how about a different numbered loco in 'Great Western' livery? - or is that planned for the second batch?

Kernow Model Centre have advised today that tooling has now commenced on the 1361 GWR Saddle Tank! They have also announced an additional model, K2201A in Works Photographic Grey. Unfortunately the additional tooling required to cover the unique features of each of the five models has required a price rise, but existing orders will be honoured at the previous price. You can still save £10 by placing a pre-order:

K2201 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1361 BR Black L/C £124.99

K2201A DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1361 Photographic Grey £124.99

K2202 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1362 BR Black E/E £124.99

K2203 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1363 GWR Green Shirtbutton emblem £124.99

K2204 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1364 in GWR Green GWR lettering £124.99

K2205 DJ Models 0-6-0 1361 Steam Loco 1365 BR Black L/C heavily weathered £134.99

See their dedicated page here http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/150/GWR-1361-Class-Saddle-Tank

Kernow Model Rail Centre Press Release - 1361 Saddle Tank tooling commences

We are pleased to announce that following completion of the 1361 CADs the tooling has commenced.  The tooling allows for the unique features of all five locomotives to be catered for. 

Images of the CADs for all six models are attached - this includes 1361 in Works Photographic Grey which is a new addition.

1361 K2201 Final.jpg

1361 K2201A Final.jpg

1362 Final.jpg

1363 Final.jpg

1364 Final.jpg

1365 Final.jpg

The price has risen to £134.99 for pristine and £144.99 for weathered, with a £10 discount for pre-orders.  Existing orders placed prior to May 2016 will be honoured at the previous price.  The price reflects the additional tooling costs to cover the variations required.

A dedicated web page is available on our website:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/150/GWR-1361-Class-Saddle-Tank

Updates will continue to be made as appropriate as well as featuring on our weekly newsletter.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Before anybody else gets going I see there has been an erroneous transposition of a certain detail - I'll speak to Kernow direct on the matter but no doubt these are for initial illustrations purposes only and the numerous detail differences within the class will, I know, be properly sorted on the production models.

• 2 weeks later...

Need & want are irrelevancies as far as these are concerned - the correct expression is 'must have'.

Yes - suspect these will get onto the "must have" list fairly shortly... Am I right, though, in thinking the class would have been an unlikely sighting in the West Midlands? Could they plausibly have been overhauled at Stafford Road for example?

• RMweb Gold

Yes - suspect these will get onto the "must have" list fairly shortly... Am I right, though, in thinking the class would have been an unlikely sighting in the West Midlands? Could they plausibly have been overhauled at Stafford Road for example?

The West Midlands is a bit off their usual beats - I think Swindon was probably about the furthest north they got workwise but where there was a need an allocation could occur and all sorts of strange things might happen.

• RMweb Gold

Need & want are irrelevancies as far as these are concerned - the correct expression is 'must have'.

To go with that Newton Abbot shunters truck I must have that's never been run.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Spot the bloke on commission. ... ;)

Nah - I have no financial involvement at all with this model (apart from a couple of cups of tea at KMRC expense).  Ooops - and on one occasion a  pasty from the shop down the road.

But I do like to see past BR staff doing well in their new occupations/businesses ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The West Midlands is a bit off their usual beats - I think Swindon was probably about the furthest north they got workwise but where there was a need an allocation could occur and all sorts of strange things might happen.

I've got a photo of one on a an ex LSWR Devon branchline... (well, I will have, once I've bought it and taken the photo - oh and built the layout...)

NURSE!

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 2

Funny how one of these was sold out of service to the NCB North Durham Area for service.

At least that is my excuse for buying one sorted out.  It can join my Beattie shunting the screens of No Place .......

Now, which version?

Les

• Like 1

Nah - I have no financial involvement at all with this model (apart from a couple of cups of tea at KMRC expense).  Ooops - and on one occasion a  pasty from the shop down the road.

But I do like to see past BR staff doing well in their new occupations/businesses ;)

You got a pasty???

Lucky b£323er!

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Updated details on Facebook and their website. It looks like tooling has been completed. http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/150/GWR-1361-Class-Saddle-Tank

The first shot of the main components (cab/bunker, tanks, smokebox, and footplate - assembled) was in Kernow's hands a week ago and is looking pretty good.

• RMweb Premium

You got a pasty???

Lucky b£323er!

I brought my own from Hayle.  And one for Chris.  Since then Philps have heard of his insatiable appetite for them and have opened a shop just along Trelowarren Street ;)

I brought my own from Hayle.  And one for Chris.  Since then Philps have heard of his insatiable appetite for them and have opened a shop just along Trelowarren Street ;)

We called in there last Saturday - a regular steak pasty each for lunch, plus six regular and six large for the freezer. The car smelled like a pasty factory for days afterwards!

We can get good pasties here in Bodmin from Barnecutts, but Philps of Hayle have the edge.

Funnily enough, we're off down to Hayle and St. Ives again today - I wonder what will be on the lunch menu?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...