Oxfordrail - Adams Radial

John M Upton

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if Hornby would have announced their Radial had not Oxford revealed theirs first?

It certainly in my considered opinion would not have been announced at Warley or included in the 2015 announcement but I do know that they have been working on the research for some time so I feel that it would been a likely inclusion in either the 2016 or 2017 range.

Even if Oxfordrail did not announce theirs, While I doubt they would have announced it at Warley, they would certainly have announced as part of the 2015 range.

It is by far the most advanced model they have announced.

The Hornby colours, running numbers and prices are now known, but what will Oxford announce. Hopefully not the exact same models.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's going to be interesting to see what else Oxford announce in the New Year, that's for sure.  They have their own factory, which leads me to think they have a much shorter lead time than Hornby currently do.  No need to parade 3D prints if they are close to a proper EP.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my maths might very well be wrong (actually probably 101% wrong) however with 7 days to go the first two lines was ;

N* ******s ** m* ***o*
So I'm not rolling along

So "translated" that would be "No wheels on my wagon" .........

---------------------

So today it will be "6 days left ......  ONE wheel on my wagon"    ..........  then,

"5 dayleft ......  TWO wheels on my wagon"    ..........  then,

"4 days left ......  THREE wheels on my wagon"    ..........  then,

"3 days left ......  FOUR wheels on my wagon"    ..........  then,

"2 days left ......  FIVE wheels on my wagon"    ..........  then,

"1 days left ......  SIX wheels on my wagon"    ..........  then,

"0 days left ......  SEVEN  ( ! ! ! )  wheels on my wagon"    

So a seven-wheeled wagon  -  seriously, I assume a 6-wheeler.

Edited by phil gollin

• RMweb Premium

Copied from the Oxford entry in the Toy Fair exhibitor list - no clues there but spot the typo !!

Scale model vehicles. Manufacturer of Scale Model Vehicles. Licenced worldwide - Ford, GM, Jaguar, VW, Coca Colar and many more. Planes, Fire, Wedding, Buses, Taxi. Huge range and Award winning items. Oxford Diecast produces items for many leading high street stores and has a Worldwide distribution network. Brands Oxford, Welly, Cararama.

http://www.btha.co.uk/toy-fair/exhibitor-list/?l=O

• RMweb Gold

Count the *

Possibly to become

New wheels on my wagon

So I'm now rolling along

??

Oh yes.  Well spotted.  Presumably just a typo?

It's the wrong verse anyway isn't it?  By the time the song reached no wheels wasn't it "them Cherokees have captured me..."?

• RMweb Premium

Oh yes.  Well spotted.  Presumably just a typo?

It's the wrong verse anyway isn't it?  By the time the song reached no wheels wasn't it "them Cherokees have captured me..."?

Thats it! there's going to be a Jeep Cherokee in the diecast car range. :jester:

The extra * in the first verse has also been removed.

Looks like extra bits are going to be added until we have a complete wagon. Presumably an anouncement of a wagon to go with the Adams will follow.  If it has planks then not a tank wagon or steel/iron body.

• RMweb Premium

Decent 7 Plank RCH PO wagon in dozens of liveries. It would fit the clues. Although if you read the Wild Swan book about coal wagons they are less similar than you would think. Would love some in the disgusting mouldy green/grey/beige that I remember them on the 60s. Authentic colour pictures are rare.

When it had only one plank I did wonder whether it was a wagon to carry their cars.

Roger

Edited by finelines

Decent 7 Plank RCH PO wagon in dozens of liveries. It would fit the clues. Although if you read the Wild Swan book about coal wagons they are less similar than you would think. Would love some in the disgusting mouldy green/grey/beige that I remember them on the 60s. Authentic colour pictures are rare.

When it had only one plank I did wonder whether it was a wagon to carry their cars.

Roger

Plenty good models of 7 Plank RCH PO Wagons about, Bachmann produce a very nice model of one which has been out a number of years.

How about a SR 8 Plank wagon on a useful 10 Foot underframe which can be used for other wagons of the same era.  They could scan the very good and correct ABS kit, at least they would not make as many errors as have been offered to modelers by other manufacturers just lately.

Loconuts

I did consider both the LSWR and Southern opens but opted for the RCH because it seemed more in keeping with what oxford do in their vehicle range. It also doesn't tie it to the Southern.

Roger

But an Adams Radial does tie them to the Southern Range, what better way to proceed than to produce Southern stock to go with it.

Loconuts