DEMU Showcase 2015, Burton-upon-Trent, 30-31 May 2015

Revolution Mike

Hello

It is Group 4: Richard, Dave, John and George. Be we ever so humble.

Cheers

George

Having looked after the 'Northamptonshire Four' last weekend - you don't scare me !

Just mention an old Foden or Atki and they will ' wax lyrically ' while you wander past them .......

M b

Having looked after the 'Northamptonshire Four' last weekend - you don't scare me !

Just mention an old Foden or Atki and they will ' wax lyrically ' while you wander past them .......

M b

I was always an ERF man myself, as they are not mentioned will that get me thrown out!?

I was always an ERF man myself, as they are not mentioned will that get me thrown out!?

I was an AEC man but not lorries, I left those to my late father. Here's an example of a "roll a cig" gearbox. Out of first into neutral, roll a cig, then attempt second.

post-276-0-42878800-1425154032.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I was an AEC man but not lorries, I left those to my late father. Here's an example of a "roll a cig" gearbox. Out of first into neutral, roll a cig, then attempt second.

attachicon.gifDeparts East Park Hull.JPG

Can't beat a crash box Regent III, I can still hear the whine, especially up the Sheffield hills.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/41302931@N03/13985219754/in/photostream/

Mike.

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies for the cross-post:

Prices

Adults £12

DEMU members and children (U16) £9
Families £25 (2 adults and unlimited children)

All tickets are valid for the whole weekend and include free bus rides between the two sites and the railway station

DEMU would like to invite you to join us for a special, one-off 21st anniversary show on 30-31 May 2015 in Burton-upon-Trent.

In recognition that this is a slightly different event to normal, instead of focussing on layouts which have never been to DEMU's Showcase before, we have gone for a mix of "new" layouts and some favourites (as nominated by previous Showcase managers and members instrumental in setting up DEMU) from year's past:

• Blowers Green Wagon Repair Depot (7mm)
  • Calcutta Sidings (4mm P4)
  • Diesels in the Duchy (4mm EM)
  • Farkham (4mm OO)
  • Fence Houses (2mm FS) - running in diesel only mode
  • Hazelbank (4mm OO)
  • Kinmundy (4mm EM)
  • Loch Dour (4mm OO)
  • Pengwyn Crossing (4mm OO)
  • Stoney Lane Depot (2mm N) - final show
  • Tanners Hill (2mm N)
  • Tonbridge West Yard (4mm OO)
  • Warren Lane (4mm OO)
  • Welton Down (2mm FS)
  • Wibdenshaw (4mm EM)
  • Widnes Vine Yard (4mm OO)

Possibly one or two to add (even at this late hour!).

Some of you who know Burton Town Hall are probably wondering how we will fit in all the layouts (plus some more!) - the answer is there will be two venues:

Burton Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton upon Trent, DE14 2EB.  Map

National Brewery Centre, Horninglow Street Burton upon Trent, DE14 1NG. Map

Map of both locations (see the gold stars) Map

Both venues are situated very close to the railway station in Burton upon Trent and are a 10-15 minute walk between each venue.

A free shuttle bus will run a circuit between the railway station - National Brewery Centre - Town Hall. There will be an open top Olympian on Saturday and a Routemaster on the Sunday.

Prices

Adults £12

DEMU members and children (U16) £9

Families £25 (2 adults and unlimited children)

All tickets are valid for the whole weekend and include free bus rides.

Cheers, Mike

i would very much like to bring my layout to this show next year, please take a look at the web site http://pennalanetmd.webs.com/find Penna Lane TMD on RMweb or go out and buy Mays Railway Modeller magazine as we have featured in that. thank you ray batchelor

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sorry for the delay in announcing online sales folks - it is a new ticketing system for us and we wanted to be sure it worked.

Don't worry about which day you pick - the tickets are valid for the whole weekend anyway!

By purchasing in advance you avoid queuing to buy a ticket (the queues get pretty long at times!) and you can get in 15 mins early each day.

Tickets onsale here. Any problems please drop me a PM.

Thanks

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Less than 4 weeks to go.

Looking forward to this year's larger event - as long as I can sneak out from behind my yellow stuff......

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

There is a dedicated facebook page with lots of links, information and pictures of what you can see at this annual gathering of diesels and electric modelling. Have a look, like and link the page to your friends.

Cheers

Tom

• RMweb Gold

Quite local for me, only 15 miles away. Very much looking forward this Exbn, Some really good layouts on the list too.

See you there Bob ! - it looks to be a very good show well worth a visit by all.

Guest bri.s

I'm looking forward to this show never been before but it looks one of the best around great layouts and trade

Can't wait lol

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Hello folks

I've added the list of traders to the OP, but for clarity we are delighted to have along:

It is great to have that little bit more space which has allowed us to invite some new faces along.

I'll add the list of demoers next week.

Cheers, Mike

Archived