DEMU Showcase 2015, Burton-upon-Trent, 30-31 May 2015

Revolution Mike

• RMweb Premium

If anyone is driving and hoping to oark at the Town Hall please note that there will be no parking at the Town Hall as the Council in their wisdom are building on the car park.  There is free parking on the streets round the Town Hall and cheap parking at the Travelodge (2 car parks), or even better head to the National Brewery Centre first where there is parking (and overspill relatively close by).

See my post #24 back in February with details of the alternative parking available. Note the comments about making sure you get a ticket from the right machine as the two car parks are next to each other.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/91750-demu-showcase-2015-burton-upon-trent-30-31-may-2015/&do=findComment&comment=1798355

I'll be there in two weeks time setting up the 7mm Narrow Gauge Show . . . . !

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/99476-7mm-narrow-gauge-burton-13th-june/

Hope everyone has a great time - our Club layout Farkham is there

Nice program Mike & Guy. But I must point out that the Loch Dour photo's were not taken by AndyY for BRM.  But by one of my operators for the weekend, Ian Edwards.  I'm sure he wont be prissy about it, but I have to be seen to have made the effort!!!!  On a more positive note the layout is all packed, and I'm just servicing the last few loco's ready for 'the off'. We are looking forward to this show. Good luck all. Kev.

• RMweb Gold

Widnes is heading down from North Wales and myself and my Mrs will be joining the boys in the pub later, traffic will determine how much later - We  hope to see plenty of people over the weekend which promises to be superb. Don't be shy, introduce yourself and come and have a go if you want.

Nice program Mike & Guy. But I must point out that the Loch Dour photo's were not taken by AndyY for BRM.  But by one of my operators for the weekend, Ian Edwards.  I'm sure he wont be prissy about it, but I have to be seen to have made the effort!!!!  On a more positive note the layout is all packed, and I'm just servicing the last few loco's ready for 'the off'. We are looking forward to this show. Good luck all. Kev.

I did notice that and thought I was obviously losing it as I couldn't remember it. ;)

Apologies from my side; no unintentional claims made from this end.

Looking forward to this show. We'll have around 95% of our transfer catalog with us including plenty of modern image covering Network Rail, Colas, DRS, West Coast, Northern Belle, First ScotRail Saltire and of course the vast range of everything else. Thanks to those who have already ordered in advance. Hopefully we'll get some time away from the stand to be able to see some of the amazing layouts although if Warley is anything to go by even the visits to the loo will be against the clock!

Steve

Railtec Transfers

Stand H, National Brewery Centre

• RMweb Gold

I did notice that and thought I was obviously losing it as I couldn't remember it. ;)

Apologies from my side; no unintentional claims made from this end.

I am sure that if you buy them a few pints (each) they will be more than happy :sungum:

The layout is packed and awaiting my chauffeur driven carriage.

It's started raining here - to be expected really. I was in shorts earlier and watered the flowers in the garden.

G.

Guest bri.s

How much does it cost for kids under 5's please ?

Brian

Just found it's £25 for a family ticket so will be fine anyways

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Just finished loading Kinmundy.

A spot of lunch and off we go!

See you at the National Brewery Centre with the Kinmundy Krew!

HAve fun Martin - hope the layout behaves this time out!

Phil

Hope the show goes well. There is a real ale bar at the brewery museum site which is well worth a visit. Should be a good show, and as a one off two site event I am sure the much increased ticket price can be justified by the organisers. Sadly it is too much for me.

HAve fun Martin - hope the layout behaves this time out!

Phil

I hope the layout behaves also. By the way Martin, we never did issue any kind of a guarantee. :nono: 

If you do break it again, bring it back as Mally's got a new chainsaw.  :jester:

I have received a report from one of the Pengwynn Crossing crew that they are, "In a framed tent with no heating, condensation and a very bouncy floor." Surely that can't be right?

Geoff Endacott

It's nonsense. If they have a serious problem then they can talk to Mike or myself.

Stirring things up with rumours and conjecture on a public forum is out of order. I wouldn't do it to you for your show Geoff. Show some respect please.

Guy

I have received a report from one of the Pengwynn Crossing crew that they are, "In a framed tent with no heating, condensation and a very bouncy floor." Surely that can't be right?

Geoff Endacott

What can't be right is someone posting that. To what possible end?

That 'tent' is a top of the line Roder Marquee replete with dressed lining and glass chandeliers.

I'm currently stood in it; the ambient temperature is a comfortable 22 degrees. The glazed doors are open allowing a nice breeze thro'. The floor is not much different to the town hall. I mean it's June in two days time for crying out loud.

Attendance is looking superb and deservedly so. Well done to Guy, Mike, and the DEMU crew!!

• RMweb Premium

I exhibited in the "tent" a few years ago for the other Burton show which is held in November. I had absolutely no issues with either the temperature or bounciness of floor on that occasion, can't imagine things are any different for DEMU.

Archived