Class 31 Photos

31454 with a test train south through Bromsgrove on the 31/03/2009. This view is now almost impossible to replicate, now that overhead masts have been installed, and Bromsgrove station being relocated further south. 

31454 310309.jpg

Edited by beaumoc
  • Like 8

• AY Mod changed the title to Class 31 Photos
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Photo by Wilson Adams : looks like a period photo but it's D5500 in preservation at York...

D5500YORMNRMTMDWILSONADAMS.jpg.97a151b4b29f6be83fc4d7d85880d742.jpg

Pre OHL days at York, so that's at least 34 years ago - so to some it is a period photo! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Found this print in my collection, it is from my then poor quality film camera and shows 31462 and friend somewhere

31462a_000009.jpg.38f459deaaa2a67b4f82791230b24150.jpg

Now, I do recall once going on a railtour possibly mid to late 1990's and getting stranded at Nottingham I think (it was on the way to a Depot open day, Tinsley perhaps?) as there was a cock up when the loco change over was supposed to happen, the 31's I think had pulled the train as far as there and were supposed to be replaced by a pair of 37's but the incoming driver with the replacement locos SPAD'ed them and we were stuck there for the thick end of two hours.

If anyone could confirm location/date/details, I would appreciate it!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Found this print in my collection, it is from my then poor quality film camera and shows 31462 and friend somewhere

31462a_000009.jpg.38f459deaaa2a67b4f82791230b24150.jpg

Now, I do recall once going on a railtour possibly mid to late 1990's and getting stranded at Nottingham I think (it was on the way to a Depot open day, Tinsley perhaps?) as there was a cock up when the loco change over was supposed to happen, the 31's I think had pulled the train as far as there and were supposed to be replaced by a pair of 37's but the incoming driver with the replacement locos SPAD'ed them and we were stuck there for the thick end of two hours.

If anyone could confirm location/date/details, I would appreciate it!!

I also remember a railtour that would have started somewhere in the London area which had a loco change for a pair of 37s at Nottingham. The 37 driver supposedly SPAD the shunting signal to backing down onto the train and we had to wait for the original driver to get to Derby on the 31s then come back to Nottingham by taxi. Can’t remember anything else about the tour though.

Edited by brushman47544