Hornby's Warley Announcements.

Multiple identity account

Date: 19/11/2014

The Hornby team is busy working on the 2015 catalogue which is due to be announced on Wednesday 17th December.

Just 28 days to go!

Ahead of this crucial date in every railway modeller’s calendar we have seen a record number of announcements by retailers, and manufacturers on models they intend to make.

Well we’ve been working on a range of models for between twelve and eighteen months preparing for our launch date.

We have no intention of changing our plans, and we will be showcasing just some of these items at the forthcoming Warley Model Railway Show at the NEC over the weekend of 22nd & 23rd November.

Let the discussion, and countdown commence.

Looking forward to seeing you all at stand B25.

http://www.Hornby.com/news/Hornby-range-announcement-2015/

One line has caught my eye.... "We have no intention of changing our plans" please don't tell me it's another Adams Radial?? If it is the maybe one of Simon's older blogs "Be Careful What You Wish For" will really have meaning.... i.e. after topping the wishlist polls for a few years now, the Adams Radial would have been duplicated numerous times.

Cheers!

J.

• RMweb Premium

Wow 7 posts and the comments are about possible duplication rather than speculation on new models.

From the language used it does sound very much like there will be more duplication than just the King, with my money going on the Adams Radial too.

I personally think Bachmann did well in July by announcing a much smaller programme of new models with a view to trying to catch up on production of long announced models. In a way it would be good if Hornby took some steps in that direction too; newly tooled models seem to be overtaking reliveries announced long ago and there are some new models, such as the LMS & LNER CCTs, that I would like to see in "later" liveries. So just one or two all new models and a greater focus on early production of already announced models would probably be my preference.

I think we could be looking at either the Adams Radial or the Class 90, and as its duplication it would make sense to show the 'new' duplicate at Warley so as to get 'Hornby duplicates again' discussion out of the way before the full new range announcement on 17th December - just a semi wild guess but what about the APT-P in Railroad? Or something else from Hornby appearing in N gauge such as an Arnold Pendolino?

Oh oh maybe there redoing the 90. Hat coat

I think we could be looking at either the Adams Radial or the Class 90, and as its duplication it would make sense to show the 'new' duplicate at Warley so as to get 'Hornby duplicates again' discussion out of the way before the full new range announcement on 17th December - just a semi wild guess but what about the APT-P in Railroad? Or something else from Hornby appearing in N gauge such as an Arnold Pendolino?

2 Class 90s is still better than 4 Radials :O :P

Or something else from Hornby appearing in N gauge such as an Arnold Pendolino?

I would certainly be very happy to some more N gauge stuff coming out. With a lot of the "low hanging fruit" already snapped up by Farish or Dapol, I wonder what they would go for? My hope if they follow up the Brighton Belle with N gauge versions of their Pullman coaches.

I had a feeling we may see a new AC electric from Hornby this year. My thought was an updated 86 but a 90 seems to fit the recent statement. The promise of news at Warley is an interesting development though so on reflection maybe it is the Adams radial after all especially as nothing was mentioned after the Bachmann announcement regarding a 90.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Or something else from Hornby appearing in N gauge such as an Arnold Pendolino?

Please not a Pendolino in N! Given the amount of effort that has been put into this: www.ngaugependolino.com I'd be delighted that a Pendolino was being produced, but gutted that no one had the thought to get in touch with us while we were still in the preparatory stages!

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

I just wonder if it's something other than a model?

I haven't been paying close attention to Hornby's recent developments in the computing/electronics, but it seemed to me over the last couple of years they were paying attention to young entrants and where Hornby's future growth would be coming from.

Maybe a Hornby gizmo that has the simplicity of the much discussed Bachmann E-Z App?

..."We have no intention of changing our plans" ...

...is in the context of "we have seen a record number of announcements by retailers, and manufacturers on models they intend to make"

My guess is that this telegraphs that Hornby have near enough 'scooped the pool' with work underway on much of what has been announced fairly recently, of which the King is the certain item: Q6, Coal Tank or double framed MR 0-6-0s, Adams Radial (that's a loco for each Big Four company) and BR's class 90 to round it out.

I'm hoping that the quote about not changing plans relates solely to the King, else the announcement could be a bit of an anti-climax!

I'm still a bit uneasy about the idea of Hornby taking on some of my favourite, as yet non-RTR classes, as we're yet to see a wholly consistent return to top form. Whilst they are not to my interest, the upcoming releases of the LNER locos and the Hall will hopefully fill me with confidence!

I think that the King as a head-liner probably rules out the original MN for another year, but could possibly point to much sought after GWR mainline passenger stock. We have a lot of LNER about to hit us so I can't see anything new coming from that corner this year. I suppose that if the Radial is in their plans, a couple of modified Maunsells may follow...

I look forward to reading everyone else's predictions though - I know this thread isn't to everyone's taste each year, but there seem to be a fair few of us who enjoy it! I will say though that the best posts are the educated guesses rather than the wish-listers.

http://www.Hornby.com/news/Hornby-range-announcement-2015/

One line has caught my eye.... "We have no intention of changing our plans" please don't tell me it's another Adams Radial?? If it is the maybe one of Simon's older blogs "Be Careful What You Wish For" will really have meaning.... i.e. after topping the wishlist polls for a few years now, the Adams Radial would have been duplicated numerous times.

Cheers!

J.

Well, it is several years now since a 'well informed source' told me that, amongst several other subjects, Hornby were researching the Adams Radial.

I would simply add that most (all?) of the other subjects mentioned in the same context have already appeared from Hornby.

'Nuff said !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Archived