Hattons announce 14xx / 48xx / 58xx

Andy Y

• 4 weeks later...

After reading the haulage issues on in the 02 thread, I hope this is something Hattons will be addressing with their own design if mechanisms are shared between DJM parts.

Edited by 9793

14XX/58XX were more limited in haulage than the 64XX/4575 so if the capacity is similar to the O2 then 2 auto trailers will be fine. Freight haulage as on the Kington branch will be within the capabilities of the model. 

The 58xx hauled two coaches with ease on the Barmouth to Dolgellau locals. Their last workings on the WR were hauling two auto trailers from Gloucester to Stroud. Later workings as on the Seaton branch never exceeded two trailers. 

If the model follows the geared driven route then the haulage capacity will be similar to the O2. 

Looking forward to these releases next year. 

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the haulage issues on in the 02 thread, I hope this is something Hattons will be addressing with their own design if mechanisms are shared between DJM parts.

Not many have had haulage issues, so don't read that as the model has a problem.

In fact those returned as faulty are well under 10 models in total from the thousands sent out so far.

• Like 3

Not many have had haulage issues, so don't read that as the model has a problem.

In fact those returned as faulty are well under 10 models in total from the thousands sent out so far.

I now have two O2s and am very satisfied with them. Both excellent runners, will cope with very variable track work and run like a pair of peas in a pod '! What I mean here is, there no indifference in running qualities between them.

So I feel very confident for my 58XX on order.

Edited by JSpencer

Dave Mylett's sent over a full set of detailed images.

I think this is pretty stunning. The recesses to accurately mount etched number plates are a nice touch.

I am really looking forward to further progress here. It begs the question, will there one day be a comparably detailed GWR autocoach to match? (Yes there is a Hawksworth BR(WR) one and I think that people who want a BR liveried 14xx will be delighted by combining the two.)

Edited by Ozexpatriate

Would anyone be able to tell me what version i need that would have gone on the Bala to Blaenau branch.

Fron the photos i can find im still in two minds.

Many thanks.

Non push-pull fitted 5810 and 5811 appear in pictures. They appeared to have worked specific light passenger trains seeing as Pannier Tanks abounded on other workings. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Non push-pull fitted 5810 and 5811 appear in pictures. They appeared to have worked specific light passenger trains seeing as Pannier Tanks abounded on other workings.

Thank you.

Is the push pull equipment the small box on the front buffer beam?

Not sure the cabside numberplate recess is a good idea. When many modellers renumber their locos and fit engraved plates, a recess is the last thing one wants.

The good thing about not having a topfeed moulded on the model is one can readily fit one. Easier than removing one.

Edited by coachmann

Not the old Airfix model is it thank goodness.Very promising.

But all that detail could tend to make people reluctant to chop one up into something resembling a 517 class, while doing it to an Airfix one wouldn't feel so bad!

What confuses me is that i can find a colour pic of what i think is a 58xx leaving blaenau but it has a top feeder where the 58xx at hattons dont. So im confused :-)

5801, which was the one still in GWR livery when it was scrapped in 1958, didn't have top feed in the photos posted many pages back.

• RMweb Gold

Dave Mylett's sent over a full set of detailed images.

This is a first EP sample and is for checking the fundamentals over, rivet detail etc is still to be added in due course.

attachicon.gifRMweb10001.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10002.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10003.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10004.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10005.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10006.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10007.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10008.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10009.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10010.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10011.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10012.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10013.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10014.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10015.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10016.jpg

attachicon.gifRMweb10017.jpg

It does look very nice, I wouldn't like to have the job of putting on all the pipework!

• RMweb Gold

5801, which was the one still in GWR livery when it was scrapped in 1958, didn't have top feed in the photos posted many pages back.

Thank you, now i have reason to get two :-)

And as if by magic Hattons are doing 5801.....

Edited by Garry D100