Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

9 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Four here too, often referred to as “the trip hazards”. 

Roy

Yes, our four love playing on the stairs too.  And sitting on the top one.

They're not allowed into the railway room though so the railmotor should be safe.

• Friendly/supportive 2

20 minutes ago, Coppercap said:

Have you ordered one?

Yes thanks, in 2014 and paid in full over 12 months ago. As it will be sound fitted I still have a short wait for mine.

Edited by Free At Last
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

There have been photos on Facebook but nothing here, unusually. Maybe the Facebook collectors were quicker to order than us. 😉

I received a, "Your order has been shipped", email from Kernow MRC yesterday and I too am patiently waiting...

• Friendly/supportive 4

4 hours ago, Free At Last said:

Yes thanks, in 2014 and paid in full over 12 months ago. As it will be sound fitted I still have a short wait for mine.

I've ordered one and paid in full too (but mine's non-sound). We'll just have to wait the short while until they arrive...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Free At Last said:

Patiently awaiting sightings/pictures of the Railmotors.

Patiently waiting for delivery after my notification of dispatch last week. It'll be here when it arrives. :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

So near and yet so far... 😞

My Railmotor was out for delivery today but the cr*ppy final stage "logistics company" (man in van) couldn't find me, even though it turned out when I rang them that he was within about 30 yards at one point. The problem with handing off deliveries to these small companies is that they don't have the big databases of the national couriers who know where I live. Grrr...

It will be out again tomorrow with detailed instructions on how to get here - assuming the young lady I talked to wrote them down correctly. (She said, "Hold on a moment, I'll find a pen" and then said "Left" when I told her "Right", so I don't have great confidence).

Hope you all have better couriers where you live!

Edited by Harlequin
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Harlequin said:

My Railmotor was out for delivery today but the cr*ppy final stage "logistics company" (man in van) couldn't find me, even though it turned out when I rang them that he was within about 30 yards at one point. The problem with handing off deliveries to these small companies is that they don't have the big databases of the national couriers who know where I live. Grrr...

It will be out again tomorrow with detailed instructions on how to get here - assuming the young lady I talked to wrote them down correctly. (She said, "Hold on a moment, I'll find a pen" and then said "Left" when I told her "Right", so I don't have great confidence).

Very frustrating. Good luck for tomorrow Phil.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, MonsalDale said:

Do you get an email upon dispatch?  I have one on pre-order but not heard anything yet.

Depends when you ordered, they are doing them in date order.

8 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Depends when you ordered, they are doing them in date order.

Do we know whether date order means the order in which the original orders were placed or is it the order in which the re-orders and payments were placed about a year ago? 

Frank 

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Mine went out via Royal Fail. You can guess the status of it...

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Chuffer Davies said:

Do we know whether date order means the order in which the original orders were placed or is it the order in which the re-orders and payments were placed about a year ago? 

Frank 

As stated by KMRC earlier in this thread and on there website they are being despatched in payment date order.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

There's an awful lot to like and love about this model.

Kernow GW Railmotor 6.jpg

Hidden in there is something you may not have seen before; the motor is cunningly encased in a representation of the vertical boiler.

Kernow GW Railmotor 10.jpg

The running characteristics are superb; as stable on my hyper-sensitive rolling road as anything that's been on there and strong enough to have a tail load of 10 Mk1s. 😐

Muz knows the one bit I'd change.

That motion is mesmerizing.

Buffers look a bit at odd angles, is that the camera angle.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and films in due course to help me decide which sound one to get.

Current favourite is the all brown version.

Thanks for showing us this.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Garry D100 said:

Buffers look a bit at odd angles, is that the camera angle.

I could have done with rotating the sprung buffers a little for the pic.

I've had a play with the sound and you'd definitely want to plump for it; the adaptability of some aspects of it are astonishing - announcements to match your destination boards!

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

announcements to match your destination boards!

Awww, that makes me more sad that the destinations I want come with a different livery to the one I need. But a fantastic feature regardless!

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

When’s the review in BRM @AY Mod 

It just missed the March issue which comes out on digital tomorrow so it'll be in our Spring issue. Probably a good job as the March issue got stuffed full of reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1