Hornby 2015 Announcements now made

Andy Y

Just received an email that Hornby have revealed that they ARE doing the unrebuilt MN.

http://www.Hornby.com/news/merchant-navy-class-coming-in-2016/

Cheers,

Mick

It should be noted that this announcement regarding the Original Merchant Navy is with respect to their 2016 range and is being discussed here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/96518-Hornby-merchant-navy-announced-formerly-facebook-leak/and therefore please keep this thread to the 2015 range announcement, thanks. 

• 1 month later...

I'd agree with Hilux...I doubt there will be any difference. It's best to ask Hornby though. Alot of items have a feature listed as "scale speed" this could mean different gearing for more prototypical speeds. Just check up on that. Older models may have been rockets and newer ones may actually be 153s :P

Just had a 'phone call from Bure Valley Models advising that two of the Maroon-liveried versions of the Thompson non-gangwayed coaches are in stock - the R 4652 Second and R4653 Brake Second with the Composite Lavatory to follow.

Hornby refers to them as Thirds in the catalogue but the change of classification to Second came along with the change of livery in 1956.

With an Adams Radial and an electic already announced for 2016, and with the recent announcement of the aircooled MN for next year, is Hornby going to have anything left to announce in December for 2016?!?!

Except of course for some wagon with "2016" on it

• RMweb Premium

When can we start a Hornby 2016 wishlist thread?

Oh - we have already..................... (Where's the facepalm icon when you need one?)

Cheers,

Mick

They could announce another EMU, such as a 4COR or a 4SUB.

I game for a 4-COR if anyone is "really" listening, boy would THAT be a seller, IMHO... mind you even though this is the Hornby thread, I think the 4CEP is a better product than the 4VEP, so either Bachmann need to make it, OR Hornby need to up their game if they do it - either way I'll pay for one fro whomever ships it first :senile:

• RMweb Gold

With an Adams Radial and an electic already announced for 2016, and with the recent announcement of the aircooled MN for next year, is Hornby going to have anything left to announce in December for 2016?!?!

Except of course for some wagon with "2016" on it

Just for clarity the Adams radial is part of the 2015 announcement and therefore not 2016, I can assure you that in addition to the original Merchant Navy (I assume you meant Air smoothed rather than air cooled?) and the class 71 Hornby do indeed have other things they are working on to announce for 2016 and beyond

How rare are the Hornby FGW Dynamic/Neon MK3 coaches? I know that Hornby has re-released another batch of the FGW coaches for 2015, but just wondered, especially since of deciding to invest in a few to make sure I don't miss out in the near future.

On another thought, (maybe a bit off topic, but decided to join in) of the 2016 releases, and would like to see (fingers crossed) for the Glasgow Blue Train from Hornby. Wishful thinking.

• RMweb Premium

An upgraded (well knew actually) 'Airfix' GWR pre war Auto Trailer would be welcome I am sure....    :smoke:

attachicon.gifWEB GWR pre-war Auto trailers.jpg

Yes it would be nice but only at a more reasonable price than the ever escalating Bachmann one,but then again if Bachmann get away with the higher price why wouldn't Hornby jump on the same bandwagon. I fear unless someone makes a stand the majority of people could be priced out this hobby

Once again please can we keep this topic to the 2015 announcements rather then it cascade into a wishlish thread. Many thanks, have I mentioned my left hand diodes at all...  

Once again please can we keep this topic to the 2015 announcements rather then it cascade into a wishlish thread. Many thanks, have I mentioned my left hand diodes at all...  

Yes it certainly wasn't my intention to start a lot of frothing, just making a point

Yes it would be nice but only at a more reasonable price than the ever escalating Bachmann one,but then again if Bachmann get away with the higher price why wouldn't Hornby jump on the same bandwagon. I fear unless someone makes a stand the majority of people could be priced out this hobby

Once again, which hobby are people going to be priced out of ?.

Bachmann and Hornby could go bust tomorrow, but it wouldn't mean my model railway would stop working !.  

• RMweb Premium

For most people at least the entry points to the hobby are Hornby and Bachmann.While you may scratch build or kit build I bet most of us do not. That's why I was quite deliberate in saying the majority of people could be priced out the hobby

...have I mentioned my left hand diodes at all...  

Perhaps you should investigate if your left arm is moonlighting: could it be cranking a handle which has some part in bringing the new announcements to market? ;-)

Seriously, that's the real news. Announced December, and some has already arrived. Back to the heady days of Hornby's early years with Sanda Kan, when the new releases emerged with machine like regularity.

I haven't yet got up to speed on the excitement of getting an 'Ally sloper' or 'Ardsley' tank.  This must be the first all-new 0-6-0T newly tooled for this brand since it had the word 'Triang' attached to it, and the 'inaccurate for everything' wheelbase got locked in stone. (Could this be the new standard six-coupled tank loco 'power plant' for the next fifty years?) Not least of what leads to happy anticipation is the quality of the mechanism design and on track performance seen on the K1 and J15. At that standard Hornby are set fair with the J50 to give us something that performs at least as well as the current 08s or Bachmann's 03, something we haven't had yet in six coupled tank engines. (Or are the Bachmann 1F and E4 significantly improved in the mech. dept. over their previous six coupled tankies?)

Archived