LNER Models in 4mm

micklner

• 3 weeks later...

- Windows 8.1 bug

Nothing to do with MS Windows. Introduced by the IPB Forum software through it's editor. Long outstanding issue persistently ignored. Because it only seemed to affect me! - Nice to see it has hit a wider membership and appears on other's posts. Definitely nothing to do with Windows though as I get them posting from iPhone, Firefox, IE, Safari ... it is all to do with the editor.

[Ed] everytime you edit a post it fails and adds another & to the mess.

& being the html for the ampersand character. '&'

Edited by Kenton

• 1 month later...

Commision model of a conversion of Hornby's Kingfisher model to be Dominion of Canada, the owner will be fitting the  Bell and Nameplates on its return.

post-7186-0-36544100-1406115782_thumb.jpg

post-7186-0-40302900-1406115794_thumb.jpg

post-7186-0-30770300-1406115806_thumb.jpg

First photo is in full sun note how pale the Garter Blue is . I think this effectmaybe where SAC Martin has got his idea of the very pale shade of Garter Blue he has done his recent A4's in ??

Edited by micklner
  • Like 6

First photo is in full sun note how pale the Garter Blue is . I think this effectmaybe where SAC Martin has got his idea of the very pale shade of Garter Blue he has done his recent A4's in ??

Nope, sorry Mick. Not how I've arrived at my modelling at all to be honest. I've already said my piece on the LNER forum ;) no need to apologise though; you are allowed to disagree and also to not like the finish I've made. That is the nature of railway modelling, we're not all going to agree on everything all the time.

Airborne

attachicon.gif11.jpg

Graeme King BTH etch

attachicon.gif12.jpg

attachicon.gif14.jpg

With her sister Chamosairre

attachicon.gif15.jpg

attachicon.gif16.jpg

Hi Mick

Fully agree with all previous comments lovely model and brilliant workmanship as well.

I am hoping to have two A2/3 Bachmann conversions myself very soon, hopefully they will be completed within the next four to five weeks.

Unlike your good self I do not have the skills to carry out such a conversion so a friend is doing the hard work for me.

Keep the photos coming.

Regards

David

• 3 weeks later...

Mick,

Seeing some of your lining commissions, especially the J39 looking pristine in its lined red, I hope you won't mind if I post a photo of another Bachmann J39, much modified and very heavily weathered to look as it might have done in 1950. Tired, weather worn and looking distinctly down at heel.

I post this only to illustrate how the state of locomotives changed, from the halcyon days of the 1930's to the privations of the post-war railway.

Cheers

Mike

post-3150-0-77508000-1407845119_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikemeg
  • Like 7

Not a problem , is it too clean ? . Has it got silver handrails or is the reflection of the light cant imagine them being polished !! Looking at the chassis not Bachmann's version either !!

Mick,

No they're not silver but they did catch the light. No, the chassis is Comet, but to P4 spacing with quite a lot of added detail - new sandboxes, sand pipes, valves and cylinders, etc. One of the problems with the Bachmann J39, as supplied, is that there is no daylight under the boiler. This one also has full inside motion, though dummy; it doesn't work.

Every time I maintain this loco, I add just a little more muck and rust but, perhaps, even more needs to be added.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by mikemeg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...