Class 800 - Updates

• RMweb Premium

Long white one (003) on the Up 10.21 at 36E this morning. Must have been a protest about the Hornby announcement?

P

P.S. It returned at 14.20, stopped at Platform 2 and when it left at 14.30 I got a good look at it from lineside. It actially looks quite smart at the moment.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Another 5-unit set on yesterday's trip up from Cardiff to London, predictably crowded and with no valid seat reservations. GWR said the full train wasn't available

due to the bank holiday on the previous day, but how could this have caught them unawares? On the plus side, today's return journey was much more comfortable

in a 10-unit set.

• Like 1

Another 5-unit set on yesterday's trip up from Cardiff to London, predictably crowded and with no valid seat reservations. GWR said the full train wasn't available

due to the bank holiday on the previous day, but how could this have caught them unawares? On the plus side, today's return journey was much more comfortable

in a 10-unit set.

There was a 5 car set at laira today that might be why it was not available.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Missed the down 5X21 as it was 15 minutes early at 36E I discovered when I got home (been to Gym just near the Station!!!!!). Seems like a Leeds has had trouble somewhere south (hope it wasn't 90036?) and so I presume they let 5X21 off the leash; it was 29 minutes early south of Donny! 

P

Missed the down 5X21 as it was 15 minutes early at 36E I discovered when I got home (been to Gym just near the Station!!!!!). Seems like a Leeds has had trouble somewhere south (hope it wasn't 90036?) and so I presume they let 5X21 off the leash; it was 29 minutes early south of Donny! 

P

Don't know if any of the Leeds had trouble, but when 1E21 passing through Newark there was a 180 stabled on the Up Goods Loop.

A 'First' colours one, but could have been either a Hull Trains, or one of GC's still in de-branded GW.

Nope, 5X20 was the white one (again) closely followed by 90036 on Up Leeds/Kings X.

P

1N35 approaching Northallerton passed a white 800 standing at Longlands Jn (end of Down Slow)

• RMweb Premium

Don't know if any of the Leeds had trouble, but when 1E21 passing through Newark there was a 180 stabled on the Up Goods Loop.

A 'First' colours one, but could have been either a Hull Trains, or one of GC's still in de-branded GW.

1N35 approaching Northallerton passed a white 800 standing at Longlands Jn (end of Down Slow)

I think the one at Newark is an ex GWR set with just GC decs in the windows, doing an 'extra' Newark Newcastle service but I might be wrong. Why Newark Newcastle you might ask? Yes, I did as well.

Today the 5X80 Up was a GWR 5 set 016 I think it was but it was going so bl##dy fast and the sun was reflecting off the paintwork so I'm unsure. It should be back this P.M.

Off to see the 10.21 Up in a minute.

• RMweb Premium

According to a post on Facebook 5X80 should be 800036 on delivery to GWR, so hopefully it won't be back later. 036 is the final one of the batch, although 007 is yet to be delivered as one coach was damaged during fitting out and had to be replaced by a new bodyshell from the Hornby Service Centre Japan.

• RMweb Premium

According to Look North it was a Hull Trains 180 that caught fire and had to stop at a station near London.  Hull Trains services are disrupted today.

Jamie

Welwyn North - "commuters" were evacuated:

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-05-10/passengers-evacuated-after-fire-onboard-train-at-welwyn-north-station/

Poor old Hull Trains can't have many left!

• RMweb Premium

Well the 1021 was about ten minutes late and I have no real idea what it was unless it was 101? The 11.18 5X30* was late so I gave up and of course it came through ten minues later............arse. As you can guess I don't have a gismo phone to check where things are and have to keep coming home to the PC!

* Edit: 5X30 had been 800103

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-05-10/passengers-evacuated-after-fire-onboard-train-at-welwyn-north-station/

"Commuters on the Hull Trains service to London were told to get off at Welwyn North station just after 1pm due to a fire in an engine compartment."

Bit late for "commuters" - unless they were all working afternoon shift!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

"Commuters on the Hull Trains service to London were told to get off at Welwyn North station just after 1pm due to a fire in an engine compartment."

Bit late for "commuters" - unless they were all working afternoon shift!

Quite so - It's a bit of an annoyance to me that the media these days often seems to think that everybody who travels by train is a commuter!

Quite so - It's a bit of an annoyance to me that the media these days often seems to think that everybody who travels by train is a commuter!

....just as annoying that they refer to all air passengers as "holiday makers".

Apart from travelling for business or work purposes, a lot of personal travel is for non-holiday purposes.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps because for a lot of London-based media workers that's all trains ever get used for.

• Like 2

I passed it on the late running 14:05 from KX. It did not particularly singed, all the firemen were standing on the platform looking as though the fun was over. I was slightly disappointed not to go via the Hertford loop as originally expected.

• Like 2

800302 became, to my knowledge, the first 9 coach set to visit Worcester.  It worked 5X76 Stoke Gifford to Lydney, 5X77 Lydney to Abergavenny (via Cheltenham, Worcester & Hereford) and 5X78 Abergavenny to Stoke Gifford.

An additional 5-coach 800 followed it from Cheltenham to Worcester.  I can't find it as a scheduled working, but it could be a diverted 1W12 (Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street via Oxford), running via Swindon instead: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C56076/2018/05/11/advanced .