Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, 03060 said:

..... and there's a distinct lack of brown sauce on that there breakfast ! (Shock / horror)

Absolutely and I’m even partial some pickle with mine.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, 03060 said:

..... and there's a distinct lack of brown sauce on that there breakfast ! (Shock / horror)

4 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Absolutely and I’m even partial some pickle with mine.

Worcester sauce, preferably Lea & Perrins (usual disclaimer), for me please.

• Like 1

Black pudding is fine with a full breakfast, especially in the Midlands, grilled tomato, bleh, traditional tinned plum tomatoes much better. Beans I can take or leave, hash browns are not an English breakfast item at all, although I quite like them, being something of a traditionalist, they're no substitute for fried bread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Just needs a few extras, such as a lamb chop, to make it a great mixed grill.

I have a feeling that Mr @NotenoughPanniers hasn't quite got the hang of this.

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2023 at 11:28, NHY 581 said:

Hi Andrew. 

It'll be lovely to see you. At present, Ewe is somewhat dismantled with the ends of the scenic box off and no 'roof' thanks to a bit of time before work this morning . 

There are a few things left to resolve so this evening is looking like a busy one. 

Rob. 

Good to Ewe in the flesh today. Nice to see the lighting in place and thanks for the information.

Andrew

Edited by Sitham Yard
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Worcester sauce, preferably Lea & Perrins (usual disclaimer), for me please.

Or Henderson's Relish for those in the Ridings..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to catch up again Rob, and to finally see Ewe, it's even better in the flesh than the photos!

My dad and I came away with quite a lot of inspiration for small layouts from across the show, got a few ideas brewing...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

A busy but very enjoyable day yesterday. Lovely to meet up with @Nick C@LDM34046@Sitham Yard and the other members of both Rmweb and Western Thunder who stopped to chat. 

It's an excellent show and one I feel privileged to be part of. Didn't stop  and I was definately a bit hoarse (!) by the end of the day. Ewe has been well received and I'm really pleased with the result of the reworking of the lighting etc. Well worth it. 

Looking forward to doing it all again today and hopefully putting more faces to names. 

Top stuff all round really. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

One breakfast I always remember was on an annual CCF (combined cadet force) 'camp' at HMS St Vincent. Everything came out of the standard rectangular aluminium cooking trays. Bacon rashers swimming in fat, tinned tomatoes, deep fried fried bread and fried eggs - with anything from 0 to 2 yolks and possibly parts of other yolks at the edges. They were cooked en-masse in the tray and then sliced into regulation squares without any regard for the presence of a yolk - again swimming in fat.

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, phil_sutters said:

One breakfast I always remember was on an annual CCF (combined cadet force) 'camp' at HMS St Vincent. Everything came out of the standard rectangular aluminium cooking trays. Bacon rashers swimming in fat, tinned tomatoes, deep fried fried bread and fried eggs - with anything from 0 to 2 yolks. They were cooked en-masse in the tray and then sliced into regulation squares without any regard for the presence of a yolk - again swimming in fat.

These days I generally cook a fry-up on a hot-plate - no fat or oil needed. Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and toms all prosper, and I do toast in lieu of fried bread.

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

These days I generally cook a fry-up on a hot-plate - no fat or oil needed. Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and toms all prosper, and I do toast in lieu of fried bread.

Indeed, I never use oil when frying tomatoes or mushrooms these days, they cook in their own juices.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, phil_sutters said:

One breakfast I always remember was on an annual CCF (combined cadet force) 'camp' at HMS St Vincent. Everything came out of the standard rectangular aluminium cooking trays. Bacon rashers swimming in fat, tinned tomatoes, deep fried fried bread and fried eggs - with anything from 0 to 2 yolks and possibly parts of other yolks at the edges. They were cooked en-masse in the tray and then sliced into regulation squares without any regard for the presence of a yolk - again swimming in fat.

The ex-Army chef at the YMCA in Derby had the ability, which I have never seen before or since, to fry an egg so that the yolk was hard and the white still runny.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 2

Met the sheep today and had a discussion about the static grass. Apparently he thinks that WWS stuff is the best. Must get some more of that.

Thought that he should have Shepherds Pie for lunch. Baaaaa !

Also had the all day breakfast. Still recovering from that. No room for dinner tonight.

Another good day out with lots of excellent layouts to see at Uckfield.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

Just arrived home. Time for bed. Update in the morning. 

I thank ewe. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 11