RMweb

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

They said on the radio earlier that the road onto Portland was closed.

Working from home has its benefits, during my lunch break, got some more work done on the etched six wheel carriages I am building whilst the garage is still warm enough.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

They said on the radio earlier that the road onto Portland was closed.

It was indeed, my dad was going to drive Weymouth and on to Bridport Harbour but luckily changed his mind 👍

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

I see 2ManyPanniers is making a late bid for the Christmas Naughty Step award......I'm sure, with space looking tight at next year's SWAG, room can be found for a demo stand in the the Gentleman's toileting facilities........

In other news...............

Ahem. 

I am emptying the Room of Doom. 

I thank ewe. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

On 02/11/2023 at 08:49, NHY 581 said:

Morning Wayne. 

Good to see. The B2 is a lovely model and the version you've acquired was the one I originally wanted to run alongside the W4s on Sheep Dip. I shall pop in to the thread.....

Rob

Afternoon sir.

Thanks, I'm hoping this won't take as long as some of my other efforts as I really don't want to fall into the trap of getting stuck at the track stage again as that's what tends to hold me up.

The B2 is a nice model and is the first steam loco I've ever purchased for myself, I had a good look around at the Cardiff show and this was the cheapest one I could find but for £20 less than the retail price it seemed a decent deal to me. Other locos on the list at some point will be a J94 'Austerity' and an ex GWR 'Pannier' tank, along with an 0-4-0 Peckett perhaps and later a hired in BR class 08.

Wayne

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

I see 2ManyPanniers is making a late bid for the Christmas Naughty Step award......I'm sure, with space looking tight at next year's SWAG, room can be found for a demo stand in the the Gentleman's toileting facilities........

To be fair, Mr NotEnoughPanniers and naughty steps do seem to have a form of magnetic attraction for each other.

Adrian

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all. 

Well, the evacuation of the Room of Doom is slightly behind schedule. I was commandeered to remove copious amounts of garden waste and two fully loaded trips to the tip later, I was back in the Room of Doom. 

I've paused now and will resume in the morning. 

Two things have struck me. 

1. I have a lot of trains/books/magazines/materials but above all, a generous amount of accumulated cr@p. That has taken the bulk of the time to sift through and discard. End result- A lot less cr@p will be returning to the R o D. Two large rubbish bags to be absolutely clear. 

2. Where the hell am I going to put a single bed which is no longer needed ? If any one needs one and can help with that, please let me know. Not that old, minimum use, complete with decent mattress.

So, tomorrow could/should see an empty room and possibly a fresh coat of paint by the evening. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

2. Where the hell am I going to put a single bed which is no longer needed ? If any one needs one and can help with that, please let me know. Not that old, minimum use, complete with decent mattress.

If you get rid of the bed where will you put your Ikea mini tables modules?

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, westerner said:

Goodness Rob, when you start, you don't stop.

Hi Alan, 

I wish ! I work on the basis that the sooner it's done, the rebuild can start. Hopefully lunchtime tomorrow will see us choosing paint. 

I'm even contemplating not watching Wales v Barbarians live........this is serious stuff. 

On a positive, I know the shelf units and table I'm getting so all being well, we should be getting them on Monday though I'd really like to collect them on Sunday. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

If you get rid of the bed where will you put your Ikea mini tables modules?

Not If Wooders........when......And they fit in a fitting fashion on the dining table. 

Rob

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Not If Wooders........when......And they fit in a fitting fashion on the dining table. 

Rob

But the product is a Bed Table - if you have no bed to put them on they may have an existential crisis.

Do like the name RESGODS - perhaps a 1990s parcels depot

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Do like the name RESGODS - perhaps a 1990s parcels depot

You and me both. I also thought of a factory......... R Esgods. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

It's a tad inclement at Chateau Sheep this morning. Nothing to do with the Sauerkraut soup served up last night. Very tasty indeed but with some moderate increasing to severe gusting afterwards. 

However, it is currently a bit rubbish outside with blustery stuff and not just a drop of rain, as reported first thing by The Works Forecat and George who both looked a tad moist on their return to the Chateau early doors. 

Intention is to continue with R o D but there is a garden related tip run first thing which will also see some former R o D equipment transported accordingly. 

Updates will follow. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Still inclement weather here too. Turns out we were separated from England for most of Thursday morning,  normal service has since been resumed. 

Intention today is to heat the garage through the use of a Soldering iron. 

• Like 5