NHY 581

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Obviously Giraffes eat really, really tall grass - that’s why you don’t see really, really tall grass in the Savannah, because the giraffes have eaten it all and have to make do with acacia leaves.

Does any body know if you can get acacia trees in Cardiff. Asking for a friend.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

25 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

I'm getting a curious urge to dig out my 80s metal albums...

That sheep does have a kind of Twisted Sister vibe going on...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Good afternoon folks,

Seeing Black Star Riders at Rock City (Nottingham) in February last year, one of the support acts was Michael Monroe, one-time vocalist for 'poodle-haired' band Hanoi Rocks.

Given that he was 63 years old, his performance was amazing, moving all over the stage and speakers stacks etc. Still has long hair as well, not like yours truly 😂

Unless it was a syrup?

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

Rock City, now there's a blast from the past. I remember seeing just about everyone from Bo Diddley to Zodiac Mindwarp there.

Back when strobes and dry ice were still allowed...

World's stickiest carpet and the door staff were Hell's Angels, so there was rarely any trouble.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

Hello Rob Mr Wolf,

Times have changed at Rock City, no more sticky carpets!

Even the 'greeters ' on the door seemed to be the usual 'for hire ' security types, not a Hells Angel in sight.

Given the bands that were on that night I wouldn't have expected any ruckus. The other band was Phil Campbell's B@stards, playing Motorhead covers and some original stuff.

And air conditioning - what is the world coming to?

The main attraction for me was seeing BSR with Scott Gorham, probably the last time given he and I are both getting on a bit now 😅

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Rock City, now there's a blast from the past. I remember seeing just about everyone from Bo Diddley to Zodiac Mindwarp there.

Back when strobes and dry ice were still allowed...

World's stickiest carpet and the door staff were Hell's Angels, so there was rarely any trouble.

It’s not changed that much! No carpet but still like walking on treacle. Badged doormen, not Hells Angels now, but there’s still something edgy about the place. 

Jay

Edited by JustinDean

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, JustinDean said:
5 hours ago, GMKAT7 said:

Hello Rob Mr Wolf,

Times have changed at Rock City, no more sticky carpets!

Even the 'greeters ' on the door seemed to be the usual 'for hire ' security types, not a Hells Angel in sight.

Given the bands that were on that night I wouldn't have expected any ruckus. The other band was Phil Campbell's B@stards, playing Motorhead covers and some original stuff.

And air conditioning - what is the world coming to?

The main attraction for me was seeing BSR with Scott Gorham, probably the last time given he and I are both getting on a bit now 😅

Cheers, Nigel.

AC went into loads of venues when COVID was a ‘thing’. 

Jay

Edited by JustinDean

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

Its very quiet on here....Are we to expect a dramatic announcement, a la some of the new producers, shortly?

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Given the time of year, he could be helping out with lambing.

Adrian

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
On 11/03/2024 at 21:21, LBSC123 said:

Apologies if it’s been answered before @NHY 581 but how do you attach the fiddle yard sections of the layout to your IKEA lack baseboards? 

Keep up the great work. 

Morning LB, 

Apologies for the delayed reply, I’m somewhat infrequent hereabouts at present.  Over the years, I’ve used a variety of solutions and will post a few images a bit later but I haven’t got access to the relevant images right now. Project W is needing a bit of a re-think which once it’s actually MAKING SOME PROGRESS !@#!€$!!!!!………………………will be posted. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

That's a fine-looking bit of brass-work on your extended F.A.R.T. - better than most stuff on my layout 😎

Is it a hopper discharge facility for depositing sheep droppings for local power stations into waiting lorries beneath?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

The other issue with Project W is that the actual depth of the boards is 38mm as opposed to 50mm so I really want to avoid catches on the sides. I have a schemey sheep plan but I won't know until I'm in the throes of implementing it if it will in fact work..............which knowing me as I do will be the evening before it's first outing. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11