• RMweb Gold

Sorry - shows my leanings are more Choc/Cream!

Good God man! How dare you!

Clearly a need for a visit to the boot room at 5pm prompt.

Grayson will be delighted to administer the finest of fine thrashings for such impudence.

Good day Sir!

post-14122-0-56862100-1510724115.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

I can better that, in Colin Maggs -Railways in the West of England there is a pic of not only a 2 coach train, but hauled by 2 Radials tanks (30583/4) (about 1955)

(edited to correct loco class)

The two Radiators were used on through trains from Haxmunster to Lime Rugsus or the other way up.; often more than two coaches. I don't think they stopped at the Local Station for Local People unless they were exhausted and needed a rest. However I've not really got a clue and so could quite easily be talking out of my #### (what's different then?)

I knows about Devern stuff but not there Dorstep.

A.Branch

• Like 1

I had some chips in Lime Rugsus once, they were bloody awful and I was most disappointed :(

I did climb Golden Cap once too but that was just exhausting :)

You obviously went to the wrong chip shop, there are some excellent food places in Lyme including chips, hog roast, sandwiches and pasties. On a nice day we go there just to walk along the front and eat!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You obviously went to the wrong chip shop, there are some excellent food places in Lyme including chips, hog roast, sandwiches and pasties. On a nice day we go there just to walk along the front and eat!

I'll never know as I now refuse to go to Lime Rugsus and account of that unfortunate catering incident.

F.R. Eyes

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Blimey! If they can't cook spam fritters how do they cook and serve these?

attachicon.gifa.jpg

E Qwine

Wiv 'orse radish init ;)

Again, not sorry... too much pastry consumed at lunchtime

• RMweb Gold

Blimey! If they can't cook spam fritters how do they cook and serve these?

attachicon.gifa.jpg

E Qwine

Horse sausages are actually quite palatable.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

My folks neigh*-bour used to eat horse.

A very sweet smelling meat by all accounts but full of veins.

*Had to get that in, but a true story all the same, honest gov.

I had hoss when I was on a school trip to France, I think it would have been better for soling my shoes, rather than trying to eat it, still probably better than snails or frogs legs.

• RMweb Gold

I would advocate a diversionary tactic involving chocolate.

Well, the piece of shortbread was almost given approval, but to my incredulity, the toasted teacake did, in fact, slip under the radar and navigate it's way to the target without attracting any attention at the time.

• RMweb Gold

My folks neigh*-bour used to eat horse.

A very sweet smelling meat by all accounts but full of veins.

*Had to get that in, but a true story all the same, honest gov.

Some cuts are quite sweet smelling but it is a nice lean meat (if you like lean meat) and quite pleasant to eat,  very often you wouldn't know it was horse meat unless you asked or had seen which butcher it came from.   I used to occasionally frequent a caff in Boulogne which did an excellent steak and chips, the steak being of the horse variety rather than from a cow or bull and I had some many years ago in a superb stew in Germany.

For the cognoscenti kangaroo meat is about halfway between horse and cow meat in texture and is very nice indeed with the fillet being an excellent cut and very tasty when cooked to perfection but some cuts are very nice in stew.

• RMweb Premium

Some cuts are quite sweet smelling but it is a nice lean meat (if you like lean meat) and quite pleasant to eat,  very often you wouldn't know it was horse meat unless you asked or had seen which butcher it came from.   I used to occasionally frequent a caff in Boulogne which did an excellent steak and chips, the steak being of the horse variety rather than from a cow or bull and I had some many years ago in a superb stew in Germany.

For the cognoscenti kangaroo meat is about halfway between horse and cow meat in texture and is very nice indeed with the fillet being an excellent cut and very tasty when cooked to perfection but some cuts are very nice in stew.

As far as I know, I've never eaten horsemeat (although I was served a steak in Libya once that I suspect strongly was from a camel) but I do enjoy kangaroo. It is very lean and I would describe the flavour as being somewhere between well-aged beef and venison.

Don't bother with emu (just a tougher version of chicken in my view) or crocodile (ditto but with a fishy aftertaste).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Weird stuff at Mutton. The appearance of a 3F is not entirely surprising.

( I blame a lack of weathered Radials..note to self...)

So by way of an impression, here's a couple of views of the visit.

Rob.

post-14122-0-00689200-1511076769_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-90619000-1511076814_thumb.jpg

• Like 16