• RMweb Gold

Not sure Duckers, Old Beak, but here's another view of the 700.

Rob.

post-14122-0-69248000-1512590432_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

The third picture in particular is sublime, Rob. Top stuff.

Thank you CK. Most kind of you to say so.

• RMweb Gold

Dare I say this but Mutton is staggering towards its first exhibition in January.......just the small matter of finishing it in time....

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Cardiff Saturday 20th January 2018.

Full details to follow. Layouts thus far.....

4mm ‘OO’ gauge, 20’0” x 2’0” Network South East layout, as yet unnamed, by Graham Mann

“Tunnock Yard” – 4mm ‘EM’ gauge, set in the Speedlink/Privatisation era, by Wayne Crowley.

“Vancouver” – 3.5mm ‘HO’ scale by Brian Tucker. Set in the Canadian north-west with Canadian National, Canadian Pacific & British Columbia Railway diesels.

“Moorland Road” – 4mm ‘OO’ layout set in the British rail green to blue transition era, by Chris. Lock.

“Mutton” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge based on the Lyme Regis branch station at Combpyne, featuring a variety of former Southern stock, and possibly some stray S&DJR power. Rob. Gunstone

“Minster” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge set in the Welsh Borders south of Shrewsbury and featuring modern Arriva Trains wales stock; by John Rance & The Bay MRG.

"Friday Bridge" - 4mm 'EM' a 'twig' off the East Anglian Wisbech & Upwell Tramway 'branch'; by minimum space maestro Dave Tailby

“City Sidings” – 4mm ‘OO’ gauge urban setting by Graham Bucknell.

“Talbot Lane TMD” – 4mm ‘OO’ current era stabling point featuring modern diesels and electric locomotives by Marcus Lambert

“Blenheim Road” – 4mm ‘OO’ BR Southern Region terminus, featuring 3rd. rail electric and diesel hauled trains; by the Pontypridd Model Railway Club.

“Crossley Brothers scrap yard” – outstanding scenic modelling depicts a modern scrap yard in 4mm scale. By Joshua Lovell and Barrie Jones.

“Brachdy Bridge” – urban Cardiff in a storage box. Superbly modelled by Marc Smith in 4mm scale.

“Marsh Lane” – 4mm scale BR blue, set in 3rd. rail territory around Southampton and Portsmouth presented by Nick Goward.

“Llandre” – 2mm ‘N’ gauge featuring some kit bashed and scratch built stock.

Fourteen layouts, now that should be pretty good value for money..

Details of demonstrators will follow shortly.

Rob.

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Gold

That's a great sounding lineup for a "small show". Sounds like the scout hut will be full! Good luck getting Mutton ready.

Thanks Rich. The show has a nice feel to it. This will be my second as an exhibitor. I am hoping Mutton will be pretty much together by then.

It will be a busy January.....

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's a great sounding lineup for a "small show". Sounds like the scout hut will be full! Good luck getting Mutton ready.

As scout huts go, it's quite a big one.  I missed this show last year being away that weekend, but heard very good reports of it.  It is one day only, though, the Saturday.  I'm looking forward to it!

• RMweb Premium

It's a great show, I've travelled from Wiltshire to the last two. The "small" refers to the size of the layouts, I think, rather than the show itself, which is far from being a "small show". I'm sure there will be plenty of RMWebbers flocking there to see Mutton.

It's a nice Scout Centre (as we call them now) too. As well as collecting modelling ideas and inspiration, a few Scouting ideas have also been brought back home for use in Wiltshire!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Adrian. Be good to see you again. Looking forward to meeting as many RMwebbers as I can at the show. I will be wearing a suitable shirt of course..

Nothing woolly about this show.Those who do flock to there will no doubt be sheparded towards the cake but hopefully not penned in too much. I am sure people will dip into Lord and Butlers stall but rest assured there will be a warm welcome and nobody will be fleeced.

I will attempt to multi task....i.e..talk and play trains......shocking fail last year but I have been practising.

Splendid.

Rob.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Would anyone know the meaning of this plaque on the signal box?

Looking to detail Muttons and wondering if I should include this?

Obviously Muttons has been reduced to a ground frame only since 1930.....though it does occasionally act as a gentlemens barber and at Christmas the odd goose is plucked therein.

Rob.

post-14122-0-65251200-1512824819.jpg