• RMweb Gold

Lamb tart?

Red currant jelly would seem appropriate, with mint.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Martyn.

Here's a view of the platform with lamps added. I am enjoying watching 'Mutton'come to life with each bit of detail added.

The churn on the platform has been dropped off by the last up passenger service. Mutton has no mains water so is reliant on fresh water delivered daily in churns.

Rob

Superb, but wouldn't a running-in sized station name board be placed at the ends of the platform rather than in the middle? Or some passengers won't know where they are to get off...

• RMweb Gold

Superb, but wouldn't a running-in sized station name board be placed at the ends of the platform rather than in the middle? Or some passengers won't know where they are to get off...

Hi Andrew.

Valid point but I have based Mutton very much on Combpyne.

Here is a view which I hope clarifys matters.

Rob.

post-14122-0-94364300-1510591101.jpg

post-14122-0-34017900-1510591307.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I believe that the trains that stopped at Combpain were just the one coach and that was stopped opposite the sign. I may be wrong but I have a book wot was wrtitten by a local railway signalman wot says things like that.

Paige Turner 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not always Duckers, my old canard. This suggests a two coach jobbie.

Rob

post-14122-0-29533500-1510598464.jpg

• Like 2

That be the camping coach m'dear. T'is for them there crockles as come down in the zummer.

Hi Stationmaster, Did you mean :      A crust of bread (Scottish meaning) or:

A clinker built open boat;

post-18891-0-80322800-1510650062.jpg

Or did you really mean to write: Grockles (slang, Britain, various parts of the West Country) A tourist from elsewhere?

You might guess I was a headteacher but fortunately I have retired and I am alright now.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Stationmaster, Did you mean :      A crust of bread (Scottish meaning) or:

A clinker built open boat;

attachicon.gifCrockels.jpg

Or did you really mean to write: Grockles (slang, Britain, various parts of the West Country) A tourist from elsewhere?

You might guess I was a headteacher but fortunately I have retired and I am alright now.

Crockels; one can get ointment for those. Crockles....that's French for very mature wandering pests.

A. T. Ourist

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I think this suggests a Monday morning in August, when Bingo Cadwallader-Finching used to take his hols in the afore-mentioned camping coach, and used to pay the local footplate crew rather a lot of white fivers, to let him 'have a jolly old go, don't you know' on the throttle** of his favourite BR Standard Class 2-6-2T, which just happened to be 84022. He'd open the throttle** as wide as he could upon receiving 'the usual friendly wave' from the Guardsman at the back ('weren't you in the Household Cavalry at the same time as my older brother Binky?'), and let the train race towards The Regis as quick as it could. Bingo always had two eggs and a local sausage, on the shovel, on a Monday morning, so it suggests that at the very moment that Norman pressed the shutter, old Bingo was slavering at the chops, in eager anticipation of his breakfast.

** Poor old Bingo could never get used to English locomotive terminology, having spent several years of his childhood being brought up by a rancher and his wife in Wyoming. They found him wandering around the local livery stable, his father, His Grace the Duke of Blenkinsop having accidentally mislaid him while on holiday in the area. Apparently the Duke thought that it was perfectly alright to send minors on ahead with the portmanteaux, as 'luggage in advance'.

Rob

I can better that, in Colin Maggs -Railways in the West of England there is a pic of not only a 2 coach train, but hauled by 2 Radials tanks (30583/4) (about 1955)

(edited to correct loco class)

Edited by Mulgabill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can better that, in Colin Maggs -Railways in the West of England there is a pic of not only a 2 coach train, but hauled by 2 well tanks (30583/4) (about 1955)

Sure those numbers are right? The surviving Beatties were 30585/6/7.

Edit ah you mean the Adams Radials...