• RMweb Gold

Just sort of 'fell' into your bag did it? Rule 1....two got tested for a while on banking duties at Exeter Central and when that was finished they had a spell down Bodmin way, then Friary but were not popular.

F. Ibber.

Didn't they forget to uncouple the bankers from Exeter on an Up train one day, the pair got dragged all the way through to Salisbury?

C. Ompletelyuntrue

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I must be careful not to give too much sensitive information away about Gerald, the Chief Rabbit.

Oy vey, Gerald the Chief Rabbi......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

But does it really merit another Spanish Inquisition?

That's a surprise! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition !!

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Painting sleepers...........................

By gad Sir, how dare you do something sensible and especially painting slippers. You should be aware of the advice from AY that bedroom attire must not be included in threads.

P.J. Amass 

• RMweb Gold

I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect cupcakes.

In perfect harmanonca.......

Anyway, track more or less painted now. Test run carried out. Still works!!

A couple of photos.

Rob.

post-14122-0-81888700-1454271489_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-33552500-1454271503_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Unless there is a real need to keep the points as standard, their looks are improved tremendously by removing the plastic for the motor attachment and the exended tie bar and pips.

How did you keep the little metal slide-unders on the moving blades free of paint ?

• RMweb Gold

Bonjour Stubbers et al.

Careful masking and not over doing it with the rattle can application. Still some more paint to be applied then I will add the ballast.

The beauty of a layout this size is the fact it is so portable. I had it on my lap last night doing a spot of sleeper painting as I watched the telly. As a bonus I could place my beer glass on the layout as well.

Rob

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Indeed Rob.

I have some N gauge granite type stuff, quite fine.

May do a test length ( titter ye not missus ). I am using a method courtesy of our Captain and applying the ballast to neat PVA between the sleepers. Worked before. I want quite a light look so may use ash etc in the sidings.

Some more paintwork before that though.

Rob

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Indeed Rob.

I have some N gauge granite type stuff, quite fine.

May do a test length ( titter ye not missus ). I am using a method courtesy of our Captain and applying the ballast to neat PVA between the sleepers. Worked before. I want quite a light look so may use ash etc in the sidings.

Some more paintwork before that though.

Rob

Having seen the Captains ballast in close up on Bleakhouse Road it is rather splendid and a better tutor would be hard to find.

• RMweb Gold

For Rob.

No ballast laid tonight......got sidetracked.....pesky prairie....

post-14122-0-53296700-1454366147_thumb.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Having seen the Captains ballast in close up on Bleakhouse Road it is rather splendid and a better tutor would be hard to find.

So it is CK's layout that is mentioned in BRM March 2016 then (bit of a S  & D JR theme mag this Volume)? I had not twigged that; it looks bl**dy superbio.

Ducky.

• RMweb Gold

This layout is coming on nicely Rob.  :D

There's a lovely generic feel to it already which plenty of regional operating sessions to be had ;)

Some great operating potential and a chance to get some good scenics in too.

Look forwards to seeing the ballast going down.  Might be worth experimenting with some Chinchilla dust as well for a finer ballasted look in the sidings.  

Also the Chris Nevard DAS modelling clay between the sleepers may also be worth experimenting with in the sidings as well.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1