Should we have some different "buttons"?

• RMweb Gold

Personally I'd like to see one of the buttons renamed so we had a 'Hit by mistake' and a 'slapped/thumped/kicked on purpose because that posting deserved it'...

Edit: And honestly, as I wrote 'hit by mistake' a van went into the back of a car outside my house!

post-6674-0-83623200-1422976858.jpg

Andi

• RMweb Gold

I saw a post that made me really angry. The thread has been locked. I can't comment now or leave a disapprove. The presence of a such a statement of religious bigotry shocks me (and I am atheist) and demeans RMweb while it remains.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I saw a post that made me really angry. The thread has been locked. I can't comment now or leave a disapprove. The presence of a such a statement of religious bigotry shocks me (and I am atheist) and demeans RMweb while it remains.

Tony

You can still use the 'report' button

A

• RMweb Premium

During the last 162-69=93 posts on this thread I've built the baseboard for my next layout. Goes in the Mazda too. Guess we should have an off topic button.

- Richard.

post-14389-0-98339800-1422982359.jpg

During the last 162-69=93 posts on this thread I've built the baseboard for my next layout. Goes in the Mazda too. Guess we should have an off topic button.

- Richard.

We do!

:offtopic:

grenade-launcher.gif

Tony

I saw it too, but that's why the thread was locked otherwise a really unpleasant flame war would possibly follow, some things are best left well alone.

• RMweb Premium

I miss the two buttons that've gone. They were like old friends who I hardly ever talked to, but it was reassuring to know they were there...

;)

Just because there is a button, you are not compelled to use it. Give your mouse a rest, stop hitting it on the left ear and simply stroke it on to the next post or some other topic.

Some folk seem to get so intense and worked up over the most trivial of comments it's something of mystery why we are not all suffering from high blood pressure.

Quote.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
― Isaac Asimov

Also see: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31127704

That's why I would not vote for a "not that again button"

There is a definite tendency on Internet elists and forums for unpleasant or disliked actual facts to be strongly reacted against by large numbers of contrary opinion posters, such that the facts to appear to be disputed or actually proved untrue. And "moderators" more often than not will side with the majority, in order to keep the "peace".

"Ad nauseum" may not be wanted by some particular objector, but the alternative is far worse.

• RMweb Gold

One button that I sometimes miss is "Good question" or words to that effect. Often, some of the best and most informative topics are due to a good/interesting/useful question - but the question itself is rarely rewarded.

One button that I sometimes miss is "Good question" or words to that effect. Often, some of the best and most informative topics are due to a good/interesting/useful question - but the question itself is rarely rewarded.

I am happy to use the "Like" button for that.

Or an "It should be GARRATT, if your [sic] referring to the Beyer Peacock locomotive type and GARRETT if your [sic] referring to Richard Garrett & Sons, makers of traction engines etc" button.

Or indeed Colin of Milepost 92 1/2 (and pots of red paint)?

Not to mention George and Robert (Louis?) Stevenson and OVS Bullied.  So I won't.

• RMweb Gold

I am happy to use the "Like" button for that.

I agree that's the best option we have right now. Just thought it would be good to acknowledge the good question with a specific button (as opposed to the lazy question!  :)). 

Archived