RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

I can only echo what everyone else has said: a cracking good event, and my great thanks to everyone involved.

Special thanks to Jerry for letting me play with Tucking Mill, and to the guys on the modular layout for letting my 700 have a test run.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I can only echo what everyone else has said: a cracking good event, and my great thanks to everyone involved.

Special thanks to Jerry for letting me play with Tucking Mill, and to the guys on the modular layout for letting my 700 have a test run.

Cheers, Dave.

The said 700 was a very nice piece of work.

Don

Just a quick post to say thanks to the organisers of the day. It was a great day out and, as a first time visitor I was very impressed by the layouts and the demonstrators and the helpful attitude of all during the day. Well done!!!

Dave H

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Well another cracking show and well worth the travelling (only half way home at the moment). I always look forward to the event and to catch up with good friends and enjoy the high standard of modelling on show.

Well done to CK for organising the event and for the ladies in the kitchen who work so hard to supply the masses with mouth watering cakes ( not that I got chance to have any ) and keeping the flow of pie and pasties going.

As people have mentioned thanks must go to everyone who came, from those who brought a layout, did a demo or tried to relive the masses of their money.

I managed not to spend anything but I have a shopping list for bits to get and I managed to get some work as well so a bonus all round I think.

Thanks again and looking forward to next year

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Mr.S.corn78
  • Like 6

Hi,Well travelled back to the seaside at Brixham after an interesting and enjoyable day.Thanks to all those involved and the Captain for inviting a layout that he hadn't seen,im glad he liked it.

Milton Street seemed to work well with just some DG couplings needing attention.These after all the years of using them still obtain the most questions.Still items to do on the layout but after 5 years of building it and only used twice...whats the rush.

Good to see people I know and havnt seen since I worked for Bachmann.

I liked Hopton and at Hobbits End we ended up having a chat about "Paul"

Some other great items such as Johns new Grass Machine which has to be the best ive seen.If you can keep the grass from escaping. Simons 3d items are nice along with Justins etched works of art.

Again thanks for a good day and I look forward to another next year.

Thanks again,

Richard

• Like 1

Morning all,

Too knackered last night to even contemplate turning the computer on, and I'll post some photos a bit later on, but just a quick 'thank you' to everyone who helped make it such a good day, especially those who turned out first thing to help set up and also those who helped clear up at the end of the day. A special thanks of course to the ladies in the catering team, and also to those chaps who spent rather more time in the kitchens than their hobby interests might otherwise indicate, helping with the catering, washing up etc.

Also of course thanks to everyone who brought a layout, display, demo or trade stand. Congratulations to the modular team for the best ever modular set-up, featuring some superb woodwork by Mike (Sidecar Racer) and much, much improved baseboard connecting sections!

I especially liked drawing visitors' attention to 'the layout that came on the train and bus, sitting next to the layout that came on the plane'... well done guys!

There will, of course, be another Members Day at Taunton next April, in 2016, I will confirm the date once I've checked a couple of things.

We certainly did well on the auction and raised a decent amount for The Railway Children. I haven't checked the catering monies yet, but I'll let you all know later when I've had a chance to do this, this evening hopefully.

And on that note Mr Kernow................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPRhV9hAv9U

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Another Cap'n Kernow success ably abetted by Andy Y and backed by RMweb/Warners.  This is really what so much of our hobby is about and Tim is to yet again be congratulated on achieving such an interesting and worthwhile show where folk can meet RMweb 'in the wild' (actually it's all very civilised of course).  A pity that not Jeremy was there again (from the viewpoint of my wallet that is) and it was very kind of him to donate a raffle item which I duly managed to snaffle - and such was Simon's powers of selection when it came to stocking his stall that he actually managed to provide me with a present for Mrs Stationmaster in the shape of a book about shipping in the Plymouth area.

Thanks too to the moduleteers for their forebearance with my enforced late arrival and early departure and a big thanks to Godfrey for the MLUs which made the joining of modules so much simpler and more precise than we have ever achieved in the past.  Thanks also to the catering staff ., who happily filled my tea mug of considerable capacity without demur - the pie was extremely good (please note for next year) and not forgetting a certain Mr S.Corn who was very much part of that team.

So another good Taunton weekend - well done Tim and team.  And it was good to see the raffle raise so much - I await the final figure with interest as I hope we have managed a better total for The Railway Children charity than the not inconsiderable sum raised lat year.

• Like 15

Hi,Some great pics being shown.Even makes my effort look good.One thing I meant to say I liked Tipham but seemed to have written Hopton.Not sure what is was thinking about at the time.Just shows men cant multi task.

I think we will have to build a P4 lectern for the Captain so he can be seen around the country preaching the word of good sausages!!

Thanks Richard.

• Like 1

Hi All

Ian and Phil will be taking Tipham to Derby roundhouse in a couple of weeks time. Phil is the one with the beard that appears behind the layout in one or two shots, he doesn't bite if you buy him sufficient real all or Plymouth Gin and tonics. Steve was the clean shaven one. Unfortunately a trip to Wales with his Mrs prevents his attendance at Derby.

They had a good day on Sunday by all accounts, although there has been some muttering about a lack of sausage sandwiches and bacon butties, which they would have been prepared to pay hard cash for when they arrived and set up. I am led to believe that the good folk at Barnstaple provide a bacon butty service.