RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Late to the party as ever with me .

Another brilliant day , Tim never fails to provide with all the elements , great layouts to look at ,

demos to learn from , and superb dining .

Thanks to Tim and Andy for the organisation , the team in the kitchen who did'nt seem

to stop all day , and all who turned up to join the fun . As always it's nice  to catch up with

old friends and meet some new ones .

I think Boghouses should be in the Guinness Book of Records for it's journey , there can't another

layout in the world that had traveled so far for an exhibtion .

The modules ran well after an initial problem with a wiring problem in one fiddle yard was sorted out ,

I dont know why it occured as the yards had been subjected to many hours of testing before being

declared as ' fit for purpose ' .

Simon , your module was very welcome , it was nice to have a change in lineup this year , with

no offence to Mike ( S M ) .

Now we have to wait another year before we can do it all again .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I've finally found time to edit a few snaps in between other things.

This year felt a little different, with CK deploying two enforcers in the car park to deter gatecrashers and paparazzi. In the end I think they managed to scare off a couple of Brownies :jester:

post-7376-0-78695900-1430164696_thumb.jpg

Comrades Taz Guevara and Fidel Brinkly! ;)

• Like 2

It looks like it was a fabulous event, and all had fun. When I see the likes of these members days, it sometimes makes me wish I was back in Dorset, Until I look out of the window at the palms, mango trees and sunshine. Might have to get a trip  to coincide, but SWMBO likes to come over in the winter.

• Like 3

It looks like it was a fabulous event, and all had fun. When I see the likes of these members days, it sometimes makes me wish I was back in Dorset, Until I look out of the window at the palms, mango trees and sunshine. Might have to get a trip  to coincide, but SWMBO likes to come over in the winter.

No probs. Judging by the cold rain lashing down here in Cornwall this evening, mid-April IS winter!!! So see you for the fun and frolics next year... and bring that Brazilian sunshine with you!  :)

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The layouts were good as was the organisation much appreciated. The other thing that was really good were the attendees. I have probably responded on here to post from over half of those attending so it felt that you were among friends. We converse with each other on here and when you meet you can feel the warmth. So I thank you all for just attending.

Don

• Like 3

No probs. Judging by the cold rain lashing down here in Cornwall this evening, mid-April IS winter!!! So see you for the fun and frolics next year... and bring that Brazilian sunshine with you!  :)

It is not all sunshine here, as we are on the edge of the forest we have a little rain from day to day. This afternoon it was 31/2" but at least you dry out quickly and it still in the low 30's.

Well folks, having compared notes with Andy Y last night, I'm happy to announce that we appear to have raised a total of £485 for The Railway Children this year.

Yippeee - well done The Capt'n and his hearty crew, and everyone! I'm sure Jenny Agutter will be thrilled...  :mosking: 

Joking aside, it's a very worthwhile cause: http://www.railwaychildren.org.uk:declare:

That's excellent news, good to know that we can have such an enjoyable event and do some good at the same time.

Thanks to Tim, Andy and Warners for organising and supporting the event and to the catering team for taking such fine care of us.

Good to catch up again with everybody, especially the Moduleers, with a special thanks to Trevor for taking command of the set up.

As ever, a splendid and enjoyable day out.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Good job, well done!

I will make it one year......I would make it a surprise but for the fact of pre-ordering a Pasty.

)

Best, Pete.

You could always PM your order to CK and still attend as a surprise to all of us but one ;)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

As everyone else has already said, once again another great event with good food, fantastic exhibits and a wonderful opportunity to catch up with old friends and make some new ones.

I am looking forward to next year already.

Well done to Tim and the team that make it all happen.

• Like 5

Deeply regret I couldn't be there Tim et al, but I felt that I should post anyway to say a big thank you to all of you who posted the lovely images which certainly gave me a real lift, especially as the posts were peppered with such humour of the type that appeals to me! It is amazing that AndyY managed to spare the time from his incredibly busy schedule but I'm sure he found it a therapeutic experience. When I read the thread some time ago, I liked the way that Cornwall's famous Captain set the weekend up with a menu to choose from and a clear description of how to attend etc. - I just knew it would be a success! How many shows could boast a layout from so far away as fellow Early Riser, Rick(Gwiver)'s?

Thank you all who participated for allowing me to share some of the atmosphere.

Kind regards,

(Jealous) Jock.

• Like 8

Going to give this a bump 'cos someone must know the answer.

So, who packed their stuff into a blue 63-reg Octavia and drove home via the Stockland straight & Seaton Junction?

I know there's someone out there who fits the bill 'cos I followed you for 10 miles or more  .  .  .  .

Send me a PM if you don't want it to be common knowledge.

• RMweb Gold

I only wish that some of the ****wits and trolls on this forum, who relentlessly carp and criticise, could see what can be achieved when members actively co-operate outside cyberspace.

Well said Sir!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

No, sorry, I have a complaint to make.

The module set up looks really good, all joined up with clever wooden tracky bits and transitional curves, but, and this is a really big but, on the one, single, solitary overbridge there is a TNT lorry, and not a bus !!!

Wrong, just wrong...

Jock's previous comments say it all.  Its particularly good for some of us overseas who don't have much chance of attending, to see the models and the modellers.  If only there were names to put to faces!

Brian.

I find this very worrying, just because I wore a t-shirt last year with " GCHQ - always listening to our customers" MI5 are obviously interested in me and a fellow RMWebber called Graham ( obviously a nom de tablet) follows me south all the way across the Blackdown Hills and only lost me at Seaton Junction. Luckily I had enjoyed two pasties and an excellent piece of pie so I could have driven on to Moscow Hampshire without further replenishment.

Between you & me, MI5 is the least of your worries.  The Bletchley Park team have been keeping tabs on you ever since that incident at Axminster station last summer.  I know I said I wouldn't mention it, but you're going to have to face up to it one day.

And just to clarify - I didn't "lose you" at Seaton Junction, as you so smugly put it.  Quite the opposite - by then it was obvious where you were heading, so I decided to back off rather than draw further attention to myself.

:beee: