RMweb

Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

• RMweb Premium

But I think you have to have some sympathy with folks who haven’t yet had deliveries . It’s not just impatience but uncertainty . It has been made worse by knowing that the system delivered duplicates and others none . It doesn’t give faith in the system yet they are being asked to sit tight and let that same system deal with it . So I get the uncertainty and while you may say it’s only Trains it’s £100s of pounds . Ask yourself if it were a new telly, washing machine etc from John Lewis or Curry’s and there was no word , wouldn’t you just be a teeny bit apprehensive?

As to it not being Facebook, yes , but Locomotion have promoted their goods on here and have had some communications , even on repairs , so it’s not so disingenuous for folk to post here.

• RMweb Gold

But I think you have to have some sympathy with folks who haven’t yet had deliveries . It’s not just impatience but uncertainty . It has been made worse by knowing that the system delivered duplicates and others none . It doesn’t give faith in the system yet they are being asked to sit tight and let that same system deal with it . So I get the uncertainty and while you may say it’s only Trains it’s £100s of pounds . Ask yourself if it were a new telly, washing machine etc from John Lewis or Curry’s and there was no word , wouldn’t you just be a teeny bit apprehensive?

As to it not being Facebook, yes , but Locomotion have promoted their goods on here and have had some communications , even on repairs , so it’s not so disingenuous for folk to post here.

As I have posted above of course we sympathise. Unfortunately,it is the interminably unfortunate manner of expressing such concerns that grates.This forum is surely not a wailing wall. We are all adults and have to accept that from time to time things can go wrong.

Redress is available if such is sought

The small ( but perfectly formed ) subject of this thread is not a washing machine.Locomtion NRM is neither Curry's nor John Lewis and your analogy is difficult to comprehend

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think we’re lucky to be so informed that there isn’t need to panic.

We’ve got a step by step process, knowing that APC is today picking them up, is a good indicator that they cannot yet be resent out as they haven’t yet been returned.

Therefore no need to panic.

Indeed there’s never a need to panic, shout or scream as in most cases, it won’t make a difference.

Somethings just aren’t in your control, nor influence.

In time it will come.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Have you done an 'opening the cabinet' video on Youtube...... :mosking:

Maybe I should haha

Funny you should say that but along similar lines I have seen a box opening Video for the single, went up a few days ago.

Rhys

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As on Facebook and Twitter?

? I was attempting to change to subject.

Can never get enough photos of the Stirling Single :)

Edited by JCL

I am still waiting patiently in Australia for my model. My mouth is salivating like a typical foamer.

I'm with you on that, albeit I'm in NZ.

That said, you've got to feel sorry for Stuart and Amanda (I hope I got those names right) and others, who apart from the mess up of some deliveries are having to endure moderately warm temperatures. I do hope they get lots of time off and support.

We have been assured that there are plenty of models to fulfil orders and that things will be sorted, so I wish to offer Stuart and everybody else a Locomotion sincere gratitude, and assurance that their work is appreciated greatly.

• Like 4

I'm glad to hear it. This is one of a very few facts to have emerged of late. I don't supppose you'd care to quantify your assertion?

What you (inaccurately) refer to as second-guessing, I prefer to think of as a (one possible outcome of a) logical extrapolation based on observed evidence. I made it entirely clear that it was just such a thought exercise and nothing more. I think that the majority of folk have accepted it as such.

In the meantime, I will continue to report (factually) on my experience of returning a defective product to the retailer and obtaining a replacement, in the hope that it may be of practical use to others who are unfortunate enough to receive one with a similar fault. I should point out (in case it wasn't clear from my previous posts) that the Locomotion staff have been uniformly polite and easy to deal with, a notable feat considering the difficult situation they find themselves in.

Spare us - please.

• RMweb Gold

Here's a video I forgot to put up with the other batch. This one is actually a few different clips spliced together. The first half is in black and white and the second is in colour. It's Huntley again, so expect the logo on the middle and the whole thing is quite dark, so turn your screen brightness up.

Stirling Single (and friends) 1938.

• Like 1

Well that was lucky. 

Checked my e-mails before going out. Nothing about delivery.

Got home and as I was getting out of the car APC pulled up. 

A quick look and I have to say an amazing model.  Further examination , running in etc will to have to wait as I'm going out again. 

(The chains have survived the journey)

• Like 4

Well that was lucky. 

Checked my e-mails before going out. Nothing about delivery.

Got home and as I was getting out of the car APC pulled up. 

A quick look and I have to say an amazing model.  Further examination , running in etc will to have to wait as I'm going out again. 

(The chains have survived the journey)

Lucky you!