HST in the wars

43290 seen at Clayhill carriage sidings this afternoon. I suspect this rake worked the 0910 Edinburgh - Aberdeen, as the corresponding 1347 departure for Kings Cross was cancelled and apparently started from Edinburgh (presumably with a spare set from Craigentinny). Note the lack of lower skirting, particularly the door which covers the emergency coupling equipment.

post-9382-0-89692100-1433090708_thumb.jpg

Look closely at the buffer stop....... :O

Well done that man!

I hadn't even noticed the plastic detritus adjacent to the buffer stop. Pity the poor soul who has to reply to the inevitable "please explain" letter.

Anyway, here's a slightly better image of the bufferstop and what's left of the lower skirting.

post-9382-0-78761200-1433097408_thumb.jpg

Considering the strength of that part of an HST, (I remember seeing a class 47 front that had been crushed by one....leaving hardly a mark on the HST), it's hit at quite a speed.

• RMweb Gold

Look closely at the buffer stop....... :O

Ah, 'touch parking'.  That bit is of course quite thin  - the solid bit is the point of the 'snout' and above, in a collision on Landore depot many years ago the HSt PC was barely scratched, the Class 47 which it hit had to have a new cab.

Archived