Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

HST in the wars

43290 seen at Clayhill carriage sidings this afternoon. I suspect this rake worked the 0910 Edinburgh - Aberdeen, as the corresponding 1347 departure for Kings Cross was cancelled and apparently started from Edinburgh (presumably with a spare set from Craigentinny). Note the lack of lower skirting, particularly the door which covers the emergency coupling equipment.

post-9382-0-89692100-1433090708_thumb.jpg

Look closely at the buffer stop....... :O

Well done that man!

I hadn't even noticed the plastic detritus adjacent to the buffer stop. Pity the poor soul who has to reply to the inevitable "please explain" letter.

Anyway, here's a slightly better image of the bufferstop and what's left of the lower skirting.

post-9382-0-78761200-1433097408_thumb.jpg

Considering the strength of that part of an HST, (I remember seeing a class 47 front that had been crushed by one....leaving hardly a mark on the HST), it's hit at quite a speed.

• RMweb Gold

Look closely at the buffer stop....... :O

Ah, 'touch parking'.  That bit is of course quite thin  - the solid bit is the point of the 'snout' and above, in a collision on Landore depot many years ago the HSt PC was barely scratched, the Class 47 which it hit had to have a new cab.

Archived