The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

!

Andy Y

[miserable git] I am getting more and more irritated about exclamation marks appearing after every flam'n sentence on social media! (I excuse that one as correct usage).

Even BRM's Facebook page has been contaminated - (Steve, I'm going to take that key off your laptop).

[/miserable git]

I shall ensure I use less of them.

Also..........................

Full stops are just that. One. On its own.

They are not to be used to convey that your monologue has a dramatic pause.

• RMweb Gold

I want a key which plays the theme music from Jaws then if I can't use more than one full stop after my latest melodramatic proclamation.

Not given up taking Very Important Phone Calls by any chance?

I often use them because I can't find smilies that are appropriate :scratchhead:. As I often use one ! in what I think is an appropriate place for writing proper English, I have to use lots of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to substitute for the smilie I can't find. Like now, when there are so many to choose from and I can't find one to suit!!!!!!!

[miserable git] I am getting more and more irritated about exclamation marks appearing after every flam'n sentence on social media! (I excuse that one as correct usage).

Even BRM's Facebook page has been contaminated - (Steve, I'm going to take that key off your laptop).

[/miserable git]....

Don't read Private Eye magazine then. At least one spoof columnist (pretending to be an agony aunt, I think) uses them in every sentence.  :jester:

Archived