RevolutioN Announces Crowdfunded N Gauge Class 128

MGR Hooper!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Having seen the EPs at TINGS last year I was wondering if anyone on the RevolutioN Team could advise when they hope to receive decorated samples of the 128s, it's gone a bit quiet of late but I know that doesn't necessarily mean things aren't happening.

Thanks in anticipation.

Roy

15 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hello all,

Any 'what's the latest news...' queries can be answered by checking the Project page on the Revolution website.  When we have news we don't hold it back.

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/projects/

cheers

Ben A.

I did that Ben, and that was the reason I have asked on this Forum. It is quite a while since the EPs broke cover (6 months or so) and there hadn't been an update regarding the deco samples, just that they would be next. The liveries have been decided on and we have seen details and indeed based our choices on those so it seemed reasonable to ask the question.

Regards

Roy

20 minutes ago, njee20 said:

It also seems reasonable, as said repeatedly, that when they have them they will post pictures, rather than keeping them secret ;)

Please don't be so patronising, I wasn't asking for pictures, I was asking if there was any update on the deco samples. The project page of the website has been the same for a while, looking a bit deeper the December Newsletter I see actually said hopefully they would be received February. Now all things are fluid at the moment, that is understood but especially as the anticipated date has passed surely there will have been some be some indication from the factory as to whether they are they are close are weeks/months behind? 

Sorry to have the temerity to show an interest ask a question.

Roy

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

They do look rather gorgeous and bring back memories of the old Craftsman kit conversion of a Lima 117 car I did so many years ago.

I would have to severely bend Rule 1 to justify one in the Highlands of Scotland though...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I would have to severely bend Rule 1 to justify one in the Highlands of Scotland though...

Bizarrely, they made it to Inverness at the ends of their lives for component recovery I believe.. the shot linked below of 55992 and 55995 in 1991.

55992 55995 Inverness

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

They certainly didn't run in fife but that didn't stop me going for the early bird option on 55990. If you like it run it.           go on John you know you want one.

Edited by Hamm 69
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The order deadline for pre-ordering from us was technically last night however I’m going to be out all day packing EALNOS orders so you can still order until I get home tonight!

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/class-128-parcels-unit/

In addition some of you might have started to see that the two tone blue Express Parcels unit is going to be available exclusively from our retailers (not from us) - if you’re interested I’m sure retailers would welcome your early interest in this retail exclusive model so that they can order the correct quantity!

I'll try to post some pictures of the livery sample later. 

cheers Mike

• Like 2

Mike,

I've ordered 55992 & 55993 in RM with RT and now also 55994 in EP with Rainbow Railways.

Checking the preproduction sample against the prototype 55994 at the Railcar.co.uk website reveals a rather different shade of front windows mask.

Grey versus black.

55994 @ railcar.co.uk

Will this be corrected on the production batch?

Regards, Michel

Edited by 59004 ( was Shedcombe....)
  • Like 1

Saw the livery sample 128s at TINGS, looking good! 

I had assurance that some of the minor assembly / livery application issues visible, especially with regards to the headcode displays, will be tidied up for the production models too, which was welcome news.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/03/2023 at 20:59, The Pilotman said:

3E18ED48-8909-4B19-8A50-9ACC857E17DA.jpeg.3dbbd6438abb9591abd56d40bbdd2fad.jpeg
I’m not @Revolution Ben but does this answer your question?

Just checked and I see that the RevolutioN website is still showing the above delivery date estimate. Hopefully this means that production is close to concluding and they'll soon be on the boat. 

Roy

• Like 1