RMWeb Members Day, Taunton, 2015 - full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

It will be 16.5 and bog-standard DC.  Been there, done DCC and come back again...

That will be fine then Dave , I assure you that the module set up will find any problems , that will be

mainly in the fiddle yards with small radius points to test it out proper like . Cos I built em .   :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It will be 16.5 and bog-standard DC.  Been there, done DCC and come back again...

Yes 16.5mm gauge, but what about the scale...? (visions of 7mm narrow gauge loco wiping out the scenery on first module, or getting stuck under Stationmaster's mountain....)

• RMweb Gold

Nowt wrong with your fiddle yard Mike, I seem to remember it was the foam one that caused the issues.

A bold experiment is perhaps the best way of describing it (we'll draw a veil over the wiring) but it was done in a hurry by a last minute volunteer after no one else had stepped forward and he very kindly donated the track which Mike has used in the new fiddle yard so all's well that ends well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes 16.5mm gauge, but what about the scale...? (visions of 7mm narrow gauge loco wiping out the scenery on first module, or getting stuck under Stationmaster's mountain....)

As we have a new module this year and 'a certain person' requires space in the module hall for 'other things' it is looking likely that the tunnel may well not be present so that's one worry less for you in clearance terms ;)

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to it,

Even better to see wheel Elizabeth again, been far too long since I last saw it!

Thanks!

You're very welcome to bring along any P4 stuff and give it a spin

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This offer of running applies to Tucking Mill as well. If any members want to bring along their latest 2FS creation, doesn't need to be finished, they are very welcome.

Jerry

Is TM DC only Jerry?

Don

• RMweb Premium

Regrettably and for the first time for some years, I will be unable to make it to Taunton this year.

Have a great day and I hope someone steps into the breach for the photography.

You will be missed.  I'll have the new toy with me.  I don't mean the layout - I mean the DSLR.  A shiny new (though not exactly a new model) EOS7D.  I might be in a position to help with some photos.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Do Webbbers just turn up? Or is some form of ID required or what. I'm not far away in Basingstoke and will come down if OK.

Non-SWAGgers have to bring the Good Captain a parsnip to gain entry, but other than that and pre-ordering the number of pasties ( other food is, apparently, available) just turn up for one of the best days of modelling related enjoyment you could wish for.

Unless you look like your avatar, it's always good to have a name badge of some sort, too.

• RMweb Gold

The event is open to all registered members of RMWeb, whether active posters or less active in that regard. The event is also open to the invited guests, spouses, partners etc. of aforementioned RMWebbers.

The event is not open to 'the general public', so anyone with no connection to RMWeb would normally be expected to be coming at the invitation of an RMWeb member.

We would also ask that any children under 16 are accompanied by an adult.

It is not strictly necessary to order your pasty and/or slice of chicken & ham pie in advance, and in fact the poll is merely to give me and the catering ladies a vague, finger-in-the-air kind of whiff of what people would like. We try to anticipate visitor numbers and supply sufficient main lunch meals to cater for demand.

However, I will be checking the pasty/chicken & ham pie poll in a few weeks and asking for final votes, in order to get the amounts as right as possible.

Many thanks.

PS. Please note that my Consultant has advised me to make this a sausage-free zone for the day.....

• Like 3