Kernow SPA Wagon (ex FTG Models) see page 13 - was new unannounced model

woodenhead

• RMweb Gold

I'll raise your six and I'll have eight, but I haven't got any mates.

Mike.

I was going to buy a dozen until I saw the glaring errors...

• RMweb Premium

Personally I'd try Pollyfilla first.

Frothing about no announcement concerning an unknown future model that may not be in contemplation.

We have excelled ourselves.

Haha yes! No froth from me though, I'll just scratchbuild it, check out my threads :P ;)

• RMweb Gold

I really dunno what to make of this.  One bunch on this 'ere forum moan like stink because something is announced before it's made,  another lot moan because it's announced years before it's made, others moan about how much it costs when they've had years to save up for it, others don't want things announced until they're available, now the latest lot of entertainment is about something which is coming but nobody knows what it is.

The latest is of course a suitable setting for most of the other moans rolled into one - for a start the only time people will have to save up for it is the container journey time from China (I think that's a new one - will there be moans about the speed of the ship next?). people (a few) will no doubt moan about the lack of frothing time and hope the ship will be diverted via Brazil to give them more frothing time (which might also suit those saving up they don't know how much for they don't know what), meanwhile another bunch will demand an end to all announcements about packages being loaded in a container in China because they can't stand the excitement. and will ask for things to be announced well in advance (so they can moan about the delays).  Oh and one lot will no doubt want no mention of the thing at all until it's sitting on the shelves in the shop(s) and they know they can buy one even if they don't want it'.

Do you know, I think I've actually come across something which is even better at tempting forth 'I want ...' comments than the old plague of amateur railway timetable compilers (used to be called passengers, then they became customers) who know better than anybody everybody else the time at which their train to work in the morning should depart.  In the end model railway items are very similar to real trains - they'll be here when they get here (and talking of which are any previously announced model railway items running as late as Thameslink 2000?).

• Like 4

Mike, you forgot to mention that there won't be any on the shop shelves because:

a) the shops didn't know they were coming so they didn't order any.

b) the shipment was cancelled because there weren't enough pre-orders.

c) the Chinese black market announced them so the pre-orders went to them and they sold out.

d) nobody wanted any anyway.

Stewart

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Who's the manufacturer? Not Hornby or Bachmann by the look of the boxes. Dapol or DJM?

Haven't Kernow hinted they may use their own manufacturer? I seem to recall it at one point.

Roy

Kernow MRC has their own house design of packaging which is the black box crossed with two white lines of track in the manner of the Cornish flag.  Black foam packing and a gold ribbon (black and gold being traditional Cornish colours) inside complete the style.

This has been used for Dapol and DJModels-produced commissions.  There is no reason why it could not be used for commissions produced by other manufacturers as part of the commercial agreements.  Kernow isn't big enough to have its own manufacturer / production facility.  Not by a long way.  

Edited by Gwiwer