Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

I'm sure it's prototypically correct, but my OCD is going to go into meltdown though looking at the wraparound spots on the ends :O

You'll have to reconcile yourself to the fact that it's 'spot on'.

SPT carmine and cream would be brilliant also

Guys, I'm totally with you on the SPT liveries.... unfortunately I think the guys at Realtrack might have to release a livery or two for those who live south of the border.... you know they'll complain otherwise......after that, they can get back to supplying Scottish Liveries

• RMweb Premium

Huh?  I think you're getting confused here.  The "Express" version is the same livery as applied to the class 158s, and was applied by Regional Railways Central, what became Central Trains, to match their 158 fleet, and was the same grey with thin blue stripes as the 158 livery, as seen in the pic linked above - though that has later CT branding.  

http://members.madasafish.com/~dysgraphyk/156/class156_liv-xp.htm

The other Regional Railways livery carried by 156s was RR North West, which was in effect the standard RR blue/white livery but with a green stripe instead of the light blue one.

http://members.madasafish.com/~dysgraphyk/156/class156_liv-nw.htm

This, of course, was Provincial livery: 

http://members.madasafish.com/~dysgraphyk/156/class156_liv-pr.htm

from which RR livery was developed, although the 156s never carried the standard version. 

The RRNW version should not be confused with the earlier Network North West scheme on class 150s:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51035

Was just suggesting that "Regional" as srihaggis requested was broader than RR Express, which had the grey bodyside stripe. As you say, RRNW had blue. I was actually thinking of the "Provincial" livery which is what I personally tend to think of as 'normal' Regional Railways livery, didn't know it was an earlier incarnation.

Point being that the only RR variant to have the grey, as srihaggis expressed an interest in, is Regional Railways Express.

Edited by njee20

Whilst testing platform clearances etc. I thought I'd take the opportunity to take a few shots of the 156 in the company of Realtrack's 144. One thing I must note, the packaging on the 156 is much sturdier (thankfully!). The 144 was a great model when released (and of course still is) but I do think the 156 pushes the envelope even further.

35975436160_00c003ae89_o.jpg

36327577706_1dfddfcd4d_o.jpg

36327576596_8e1f098e84_o.jpg

• Like 7

Showing my relative newness to DCC now, but tonight the 156 has given me a headache.

The second chip arrived so I duly chipped the other car. However, I'm having a right headache getting them to run together. I'm using a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance 2 with the cars addressed separately. Individually they work perfectly. However, once set as part of the consist (with the direction of one car reversed) they do not respond to control at all.

Would it be better to simply modify CV29 of one of the cars and run them with the same address?

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Gold

Would it be better to simply modify CV29 of one of the cars and run them with the same address?

Thanks in advance.

Altering CV29 is what I always do - to be honest have not sorted out how to consist (on my Roco Z21), so much easier changing CV29 using the same address.

Keith

Thanks Keith, altering CV29 sorted the issue with directional running.

However, day and night running lights show at both ends of the unit and I still can't work out the orange warning lights or how to stable the unit with red showing at both ends. Hopefully Charlie will release a list of CV settings once he's sorted the DCC-fitted models.

In the meantime, here's a pic of the 2-car unit resting alongside Valiant.

36002270240_82622e45a5_o.jpg

Edited by Ragtag
  • Like 5

It's fine not to worry haha I like the image, I've only just seen this reply. Hope the disciplinary hearing went ok. I also emailed you in error I can't read. I'm off to spec savers tomorrow :-)

Looks like I made an error! 210 E.Mails sent out over 3 hours last night, and two cock-ups. Two people chased who have paid. I have put myself into a disciplinary meeting with the boss in the morning. Hope I don't sack myself.

Joking aside, a big sorry. Charlie (Under Pressure)

Edited by VoyagerXC

I take it orders are still being dispatched from REALTRACK? Has anyone else received a DCC fitted model yet?

No DCC Models have been sent out yet as they have not arrived.   The Saltire pair are due in the next 3 weeks (Late as per usual)   Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

It was interesting to note the model compared to the old Lima offering. Considering that model dates from 1989 approx? Lima did a great job with the body profile and overall look of the unit. Obviously the underframe was a serious drawback but they did a nice job overall.

Looking forward to seeing any mock ups of the forthcoming Provincial planned model.  

No DCC Models have been sent out yet as they have not arrived.   The Saltire pair are due in the next 3 weeks (Late as per usual)   Charlie

Thanks for the update. I didn't want to pester you directly as I am sure you are very busy dispatching the DCC ready ones!

Showing my relative newness to DCC now, but tonight the 156 has given me a headache.

The second chip arrived so I duly chipped the other car. However, I'm having a right headache getting them to run together. I'm using a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance 2 with the cars addressed separately. Individually they work perfectly. However, once set as part of the consist (with the direction of one car reversed) they do not respond to control at all.

Thanks in advance.

Two off ESU Pre-Programmed Non Sound Decoders are £50.00 Post Free.    This will solve your issues.

The Function list for this is:

F0:  Day Time Running.

F1:  Night Time Running.

F2:  Interior Lights.

F3:  Passenger Door Lights.

F4:  Directional Destination Blind.

F5:  Directional Cab Light.

F6:  Parking Mode (F0 & F1 Must be off)

Charlie

• Like 1

Like wise, can't wait for my sound fitted model as well.

Although had payment issues (most likely me, putting a number in wrong) So had to phone Charlie during break at work yesterday evening, but that was done all nice and quickly :D

Chris

Hi everyone,

I want mine to go with my new Spotty Transit now on Rannoch. If all goes to plan my pair will be passed to me to enter service on Rannoch at the Great Electric Train show by Hornby Magazine. See you at the show.

All the best

Mark

post-6863-0-33095800-1504017595_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Received my Abellio DC 156 today.    There seems to be excessive fore and aft play of the power bogies on both vehicles and although the motors can be heard to run smoothly inside the units, the gearing doesn't connect so neither motor turns its wheels.    Is this a fault or is there something else I need to do to make the vehicles move?

Edited by cessna152towser

Received my Abellio DC 156 today.    There seems to be excessive fore and aft play of the power bogies on both vehicles and although the motors can be heard to run smoothly inside the units, the gearing doesn't connect so neither motor turns its wheels.    Is this a fault or is there something else I need to do to make the vehicles move?

SUGGEST. You contact REALTRACK MODEL and they will sort you out.    Charlie

There E.Mail is Charlie@dckits.co.uk.