Bachmann announce Midland 1P, Class 20/3, BEP buffet car, VEA, Prestwin and Carflat

Andy Y

Fantastic to see Merl Evans and Europhoenix 37 announced !

yep thought as much.  doubted it would have been collectors club only.  good for the hospice too...............

the 20/3 mention lighting but unclear if the other class 20s announced will have similar upgrade.

I see another AC electric tucked in there......BR Blue 85 040 - weathered.

still a way to go before we see the 90 and mk2f coaches/DBSO.

fairly quiet on the N gauge D&E front.

Carflats - seems modellers will get a choice between Bachmann and Oxford Rail.

Edited by ThaneofFife

Guest Midland Mole

A MR 1P!!!!!!!!! IN BOTH MR & LMS LIVERIES!!!!!!! Bachmann you beautiful b*******!

giphy.gif

I could not be happier :)

- Alex

• Like 4

The 1P 0-4-4T will allow more authenticity to Midland branch and secondary line operations, particularly during the pre-group and LMS eras.

Who knows, the early Stanier 0-4-4Ts could one day become available.

Agreed - although the lack of LMS push-pull stock is becoming less of a gap and more a howling void.

Good to see the the Coal Tank is progressing - time to use the money from my unfulfilled Peckett Pathetic preorder and see if something turns up. -_-

• Like 1

Pleased to see the 1P & maroon Portholes.

Do you know any timescales Andy? Not wishing to moan, just curious as to what timeframe Bachmann currently see as realistic.

Nice to see the Stanier 2-6-0 & Thompsons in the shipping department :-)

• Like 2

Did you miss the paragraph above where it says what the new Maroon Porthole coaches will be?

Tucked in close to the 37 no gap between. Well will have to pre-order a few with my supplier  - 4 types required.

the 12T red and grey in railfreight livery VEA wagon will be welcome........think the last one was some 30 + year old Hornby version unless Im thinking of the wrong type. 

did these feature in the airbraked Speedlink services?

Edited by ThaneofFife

• RMweb Gold

I am happy -  there is a Midland 0-4-4T announced.

I am sad - there was no cute little 16XX pannier tank announced.

I am happy - I'm still enjoying the fact that I have a Hornby Peckett and a USA tank.

I am sad - there was no cute little 16XX pannier tank announced.

I am happy - there might be a cute little 16XX pannier tank announced next year.

I am happy - for all the others who are pleased by the other announcements as well.

I am happy - I still haven't picked up my Dapol 'O' gauge 08 yet - that is yet to come.

On balance then, this announcement has generated net happiness at Kernow Towers.

• Like 4

Guest Midland Mole

Ok, I have calmed down a little bit now and had a proper read through of the list. The 50' Parcels Van in LMS Crimson and the 30 Ton Bogie Bolster Wagon in LMS Grey are a must for Guilsborough. Obviously I am really looking forward to the Mogul and Coal Tanks in Feb.

Also mildly interested in the GWR liveried Class 150, but will have to see closer to the time if I get one or not.

- Alex

• RMweb Gold

Ain't it always the case, I strart builkding my Tru-Scale carflats and every body and their grandmother brings one out, still, so far Oxford Rail's version is a different one, so fingers crossed for the so far unspecified Bachmann variety, could now be an interesting rake!

Mike.