A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

One last thought on Gloucester, it was the last shed for Clun Castle, in 1965. It did a round trip down to Cardiff in the morning, where I could see it out of the office window. You don’t know what you got til it’s gone, and all that.

And one even later thought - Gloucester shed yard (1980s version) was the last place I drove a 'Castle' (but don't tell anyone - it was just a move done to save the crew who were booking on a walk and some prep time).  Coincidentally the picture which forms my avatar on here was taken later that same day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Wow. :O  That LNER dynamometer car looks a bit special. I've seen a photo of an A4 on the L. E .T but never this vehicle more's the pity.

post-126-0-83736400-1512057665_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Wow. :O  That LNER dynamometer car looks a bit special. I've seen a photo of an A4 on the L. E .T but never this vehicle more's the pity.

attachicon.gifRails%20dynamometer%20car%20002.jpg

Fastest Dyno car in steam days. It must have been 'interesting' sitting in that behind Mallard in July '38.

I wonder if Andrew at Wiard/Comet would consider doing the GWR one?

Sir Nigel Le Gresser

• RMweb Gold

Fastest Dyno car in steam days. It must have been 'interesting' sitting in that behind Mallard in July '38.

I wonder if Andrew at Wiard/Comet would consider doing the GWR one?

Sir Nigel Le Gresser

Or convincing BG John to make his wonderful Plasticard conversion parts available...

I really want to model the gw dyno at some point (and I want Mallard in 1948 condition to go with it should Hornby ever do a garter blue A4 with no valances)

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Or convincing BG John to make his wonderful Plasticard conversion parts available...

I really want to model the gw dyno at some point (and I want Mallard in 1948 condition to go with it should Hornby ever do a garter blue A4 with no valances)

Here it is in use in Sonning Cutting.

post-126-0-14610900-1512065942_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifdyno in sonning cutting.jpg

Don't go showing me pictures of a black Princess Coronation, I am tempted enough to buy the Rails model as it is!

attachicon.gifdyno in sonning cutting.jpg

Don't go showing me pictures of a black Princess Coronation, I am tempted enough to buy the Rails model as it is!

attachicon.gifRails%20dynamometer%20car%20002.jpg

I really wish I hadn't seen that.

I knew it was in the works, but now looking at a decent photo, I think that's brilliant.

Is it wrong to cancel Xmas for everyone else in the family and just get that?

• RMweb Premium

Amazing considering today is the first day of winter, those Lupins are damn hardy.

Tropical micro climate caused by all the palm trees?

I trust it means that you are in the garage in suitable holiday attire - shorts, T-shirt, flip flops and knotted handkerchief?

I trust it means that you are in the garage in suitable holiday attire - shorts, T-shirt, flip flops and knotted handkerchief?

Rob in his best lupin arranging outfit.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Now you know they're not palm trees and can you really see me in flip flops.

• RMweb Gold

https://fox-transfers.co.uk/cabside-numberplate-lining-in-orange-black-orange-76487

Saw this advertised in BRM and recalled a comment on here a few weeks back on one of the renumberings of a loco. Not sure if this product has been mentioned before but thought might be of interest. Usual disclaimers of no connection etc

David

I saw this today as well, a set will be ordered fairly soon(at least it will when I have w few more bits to bulk out the order. Will be interested to see if anyone gets any in the mean time.

I was also thinking about seeing what can be done with Railtec’s 3d metal effect transfers

• Like 1