A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Is Dewdneys still in Cornwall Street?  I used to work almost opposite them ages ago and must admit wouldn't mind a couple now and again.  Sellecks were the best long before Dewdneys, but that's going back a bit though when Plymouth Station was called North Road and also there was a classy station called Friary.

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is Dewdneys still in Cornwall Street?  I used to work almost opposite them ages ago and must admit wouldn't mind a couple now and again.  Sellecks were the best long before Dewdneys, but that's going back a bit though when Plymouth Station was called North Road and also there was a classy station called Friary.

Brian.

Yes Brian, Ivor's is still on Cornwall Street. They also have an outlet on Wolsley road, Ford.

Edit for the addition of the Ford outlet.

Edited by Siberian Snooper

• RMweb Premium

I saw a GWR loco nameplate (genuine) on the wall in the Station Bar at Sheffield yesterday. However the place was so busy I couldn't actually see what it was.......I wondered if it might have been from the Grange that got that far years ago and then got 'stopped'?

P

• RMweb Premium

While there is nobody at home in the land of Nod, you might like to see this from the real world at Blue Anchor when the home signal malfunctioned!

Starter methinks, but I take your point.

Pity about that coach roof, and it looks as though the lower bodysides are starting to suffer from water ingress as well.

• RMweb Gold

Starter methinks, but I take your point.

Pity about that coach roof, and it looks as though the lower bodysides are starting to suffer from water ingress as well.

I stand corrected: it’s a non-starter!

• Like 4