Prototype for everything corner.

I like the modern high-tech danger signals used during a possession back up the line at Lewes.

Incidentally there's another possession today - yet more work on Newhaven level crossing. I think it would be more durable if they infilled between the tracks with sticks of licorice. Perhaps when they close the port and stop the ferry service, because they can't find the customs officers to staff yet another small port, after Brexit, the euro lorries will stop chewing up the crossing!

Was this defiantly a Possession?  As red flag would be quite normal for a Line Blockage, ref. Rule book GE/RT8000/HB8

post-4412-0-46586700-1513001413.png

Was this defiantly a Possession? As red flag would be quite normal for a Line Blockage, ref. Rule book GE/RT8000/HB8

Red Flag.png

I think you'll find that the red flag is because the crossing is under local control, if within a possession, the protection will be elsewhere. Edited by 101

• RMweb Gold

Was this defiantly a Possession?  As red flag would be quite normal for a Line Blockage, ref. Rule book GE/RT8000/HB8

attachicon.gifRed Flag.png

The branch from Lewes to Seaford was closed to traffic and rail replacement buses were running. It was a Saturday when track work is often done - avoiding Seagulls' home match days of course. The level crossing was open for road traffic along the A259 loop that serves Newhaven port to north and south. There is a flyover that carries the through traffic.. The crossing is controlled by the rather tatty Newhaven Town box. My understanding is that the track work was in the Lewes area, but I don't know the nature of it.

Edited by phil_sutters

• RMweb Premium

I thought there was a thread for AC EMU pics but can't seen to find it, although it's not strictly a pic:

At around 4.30 something I'd never seen before, a class 305 at Manchester Piccadilly in almost-NSE livery.  I've seen it on hauled stock on the North Wales coast, NSE stock with the red stripe painted blue, but never full-on NSE with upswept ends on an EMU with the red stripe painted blue!

• Like 3

Guest Model.Maker

I thought there was a thread for AC EMU pics but can't seen to find it, although it's not strictly a pic:

At around 4.30 something I'd never seen before, a class 305 at Manchester Piccadilly in almost-NSE livery.  I've seen it on hauled stock on the North Wales coast, NSE stock with the red stripe painted blue, but never full-on NSE with upswept ends on an EMU with the red stripe painted blue

I'd love to model this period, a few same unit classes but with a mulitude of liveries.  All we need is a 304/5 and 323 units and this could be done RTR in 4mm

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, its a very interesting period.  One thing that surprised me on that video was how much stiff was in GMPTE's grey/white with red stripe livery, it seems one of the more forgotten schemes of the era compared to Merseyside's yellow, Centro's green, Metro's red, Tyne and Wear's yellow and even GMPTE's own earlier orange.  

• RMweb Premium

I noticed that too, as (I think) was the blue/grey unit - not knowing enough about older AC EMUs to spot the difference, I assumed they were given gangways and refurbished and repainted into Regional Railways colours at the same time...  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

I noticed that too, as (I think) was the blue/grey unit - not knowing enough about older AC EMUs to spot the difference, I assumed they were given gangways and refurbished and repainted into Regional Railways colours at the same time...  :scratchhead:

North, refurbished......

not blimmin' likely.....

Last time we had anything sent north it was the flea-ridden 150s from the West Midlands. Newton Heath actually did a decent job of fumigating them tidying them up.

:jester: 

(says he who sort of likes the 319s......)

Cheers,

Mick.

Guest Model.Maker

At around 4.30 something I'd never seen before, a class 305 at Manchester Piccadilly in almost-NSE livery.  I've seen it on hauled stock on the North Wales coast, NSE stock with the red stripe painted blue, but never full-on NSE with upswept ends on an EMU with the red stripe painted blue!

Would anyone happen to know when the red stripe was painted out on the 305's?  I've found ref to at least 3 305's in like that but I'm trying to tie down when the red was replaced