NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

Hi Mark,

Sorry i missed your post.

Just to let you know that despite initially losing about 20 models in N gauge to another company i have since replaced those lost with many hundreds (yes seriously) and the project is now totally viable and starting to gather further pace. The contracts i alluded to in posts have either been signed or are just waiting for crossing the 't's and dotting the 'i's, and i hope to have a major press release for both gauges very soon.

Cheers

Dave

‘T’s crossed and ‘i’s dotted?

‘T’s crossed and ‘i’s dotted?

Hi mate,

So close i can taste it to be honest, but i wont be announcing anything until Warley in 2 weeks time, where i hope to surprise a lot of people.

Cheers

Dave

Hi mate,

So close i can taste it to be honest, but i wont be announcing anything until Warley in 2 weeks time, where i hope to surprise a lot of people.

Cheers

Dave

I'll be at Warley for both days, so I'm looking forward to this :)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone taken a picture of the class 92 body on display for those of us who couldn't make it to Warley?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

I’ll be putting a grey primer on it if it stops raining tomorrow and photograph it myself and put in here.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Details look really good to this point - are you going to the tool room soon?

Hi mate,

I'll be sending out invoices for the 2nd deposit at the end of January for the Tooling to start on both the N and OO versions.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Spoke with Dave at Warley and he says he is undecided which way to go with the pantograph - either poseable like the Hornby 87 or sprung like the Bachmann 90, but this would also mean having an additional arm, just like the Bachmann 90. Personally, I'd rather have a sprung (albeit slightly compromised) pan, and I would also then buy lots of them as spares. I realise not everyone shares that view, so maybe Dave could set up a poll? Perhaps it's biased of me, but surely if Dave does a sprung one with an additional arm, those that only want a poseable pan could just remove the extra arm?

• Like 1

Maybe a design such that it could be assembled as a sprung or a poseable one? All the major parts can use the same tooling eg: upper arms, lower arms, shoe, base. The poseable ones can be assembled from those parts. The sprung ones can have the second lower arm and spring mechanism added.

Spoke with Dave at Warley and he says he is undecided which way to go with the pantograph - either poseable like the Hornby 87 or sprung like the Bachmann 90, but this would also mean having an additional arm, just like the Bachmann 90. Personally, I'd rather have a sprung (albeit slightly compromised) pan, and I would also then buy lots of them as spares. I realise not everyone shares that view, so maybe Dave could set up a poll? Perhaps it's biased of me, but surely if Dave does a sprung one with an additional arm, those that only want a poseable pan could just remove the extra arm?

Dave!!!

- you specified sprung pantograph in the very first page of this thread when the Crowdfunding was started and we signed up for it!!

Edited by letterspider

Dave!!!

- you specified sprung pantograph in the very first page of this thread when the Crowdfunding was started and we signed up for it!!

Shouln't sorry as i'm working on both types with a view to putting sprung ones on the loco, and for a minimal extra cost a pair of plastic posable ones.

Shouln't sorry as i'm working on both types with a view to putting sprung ones on the loco, and for a minimal extra cost a pair of plastic posable ones.

Well - you have to hand it to Diehard Dave as I don't think (m)any manufacturers would atttempt to please all of the people all of the time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Must admit to having tried to steer clear of this thread until another invoice came along (out of sight out of mind thinking).

However looking at the 3D sample, all I can say is PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Another invoice? When was that? I haven't had any more than the first one. Or is that for N only?

Cheers,

Mick

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on the Eddie 92, how to order, price etc.....

Regards,

Quoted in the latest Model Rail the OO version is going to be a limited edition done by Kernow and the N gauge by Dave. Wonder if OO crowd funders can buy it a the going price.

Mark

Quoted in the latest Model Rail the OO version is going to be a limited edition done by Kernow and the N gauge by Dave. Wonder if OO crowd funders can buy it a the going price.

Mark

The trouble is mate, the licence is costly in product and on payment on goods sold, so it will have to be much higher...see the N gauge one for a guideline, to cover this. Neither DJM or Kernow have a choice in this matter.

Cheers

Dave

The trouble is mate, the licence is costly in product and on payment on goods sold, so it will have to be much higher...see the N gauge one for a guideline, to cover this. Neither DJM or Kernow have a choice in this matter.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Do we have to order via Kernow or can the people who are already paying towards to crowd funding order via yourself.

Mark